Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud (567 Views)

My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone / 'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by HUSTLER001: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2021
Hello guys!Just last night,I got a text message on my phone.alas!it was a credit alert.I was so excited even before checking the amount and when I did it was just #100.*mtchew*. But the issue now is that I checked the last digits of the account number the money was paid into and I never remember opening such account. Though I have a uba account but that is not my account number. Then,I checked the desc that sent the alert and it was pay attitude. I quickly did a background check about them and realized that they provide financial services and when I read more,I realized that potential customers can link their phone numbers to multiple accounts to either send or receive money.So my question is this, could someone using the firm, have linked his/her account to my phone number and could this be intentional or unintended? I need advice on what steps I can take to rectify the issue.

1 Like

Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by Cutehector(m): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2021
Place a call to the call center agent and have them run a check on accounts linked to your phone number.
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by AdventHero: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2021
First step in resolving these issues; Contact your bank.
They're in the best position to help you - quickly also.

What's the mark Christians should have in view?

Youtube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zPI3b96oMU
Facebook - https://fb.watch/65ngUNk9Dc/
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by dawnomike(m): 7:26am On Jun 13, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Hello guys!Just last night,I got a text message on my phone.alas!it was a credit alert.I was so excited even before checking the amount and when I did it was just #100.*mtchew*. But the issue now is that I checked the last digits of the account number the money was paid into and I never remember opening such account. Though I have a uba account but that is not my account number. Then,I checked the desc that sent the alert and it was pay attitude. I quickly did a background check about them and realized that they provide financial services and when I read more,I realized that potential customers can link their phone numbers to multiple accounts to either send or receive money.So my question is this, could someone using the firm, have linked his/her account to my phone number and could this be intentional or unintended? I need advice on what steps I can take to rectify the issue.
Visit your bank's customer care as soon as possible before you land in trouble for what you know nothing about...
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by Kriss216: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2021
dawnomike:
Visit your bank's customer care as soon as possible before you land in trouble for what you know nothing about...
Living in Nigeria is trouble... He's already in trouble why panicking?
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by tomilayomi: 7:35am On Jun 13, 2021
1. Contact the "pay attitude" to check if your number is having anything to do with them.
2. Contact your back to further table the issue
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by dawnomike(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2021
Kriss216:

Living in Nigeria is trouble... He's already in trouble why panicking?
Because he may land in a bigger trouble inside the normal trouble grin
Re: Someone May Be Using My Phone Number To Commit Fraud by VIDEOguy: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2021
Visit the bank as soon as possible...Alternatively you can mail your bank and ensure the content is well detailed.

(1) (Reply)

Breach Of Marriage Promise, 12 Million Naira Compensation / For Sale At Cheap Price / Doctors, Please Come To My Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.