Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue (518 Views)

Youths In Neked Imo Contribute Money To Rehabilitate Road Commissioned By Buhari / Yoruba Stakeholders Resolve To End Fulani Herders Attack / Samuel Ortom Calls For 30-Day Fast Against Herders Attack In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 8:23am On Jun 13, 2021
Ordinarily, I wouldn’t have made this public but because the names of the contributors were made public and the contribution too was made public.

A lot of igbo who were standing on the fence in this Biafran thing especially as regards Nnamdi Kanu’s modus operandi, are daily served a dose of why they have to subscribe to the struggle.

You remember the attack of Izzi people of Benue state? This people are Izzi people but geographically they fall under the political governance of Benue state.

Now when their attack by Fulani herdsmen made National headlines, the Benue state government discovering they weren’t indigenous people of Benue, abandoned them to their plight. Ebonyi state government too argued that the jurisdiction of attack fall under the purview of Benue government and therefore didn’t do much. Though I think Ebonyi state Governor later visited the victims.

Now, the rest of Izzi people of Ebonyi state discovering the victims had been abandoned to their own fate by the two state governments, launched a fund raising campaign to help the victims with hospital bills, food and resettlement.

But one thing will leave you awestruck... no single Benue name would you find amongst the contributors. That area is represented in the National Assembly by a Benue senator and House of Rep member but I’ve not heard of their contributions or words concern.

This only goes to prove one thing... that Nnamdi Kanu was right when he included some part of Benue as part of Biafra and when he said that no Igbo speaking people will be left out if Biafra secedes. Or how else would you explain the fact neither Benue government nor the rest of Benue people care if this people are alive or dead? It’s simply because they are not one of them.

I’m just doing this to enlighten and inform some people online who would stand logic on it’s head and say Nnamdi Kanu should accept only SE states as Biafra. If that is to happen, what will happen to people like this ones that were abandoned to their fate by Benue government?

It is the Izzi people of Benue today, tomorrow it might be the Igbanke people of Edo state or the Abi people of Cross River or Aniomas.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 8:24am On Jun 13, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2021
Pictures of the victims of the attack

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by UCyril: 8:31am On Jun 13, 2021
May the Almighty God bless all of them.
Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 13, 2021
Commendable.

I'll send in my token.

Thank you very much for this.
Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by dared0637: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2021
This is very commendable, how do I donate? my anger right now is that since the useless Benue state government have clearly shown they don't care about these Izzi community that were wickedly carved out from Ebonyi, why can't they just let these people return back to their kith and kin in Ebonyi? Where are the Ohaneze and other elites? Igbo leaders are just so useless honestly.

Lastly Nigeria will continue to suffer cyclic failure for its malicious policy against Ndigbo, they carved our people into non-Igbo states (Rivers, Benue, Cross river, Kogi ) just to reduce our landmass and population, but God pass them, I'm glad more and more of our brothers outside the SE who were suffering from identity crisis are now waking up to the growing Igbo nationalism.

2 Likes

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by OnionBandit(f): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2021
Good one

I love this.

God bless Ebonyi people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by nyiamfrank: 8:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Former governor of Cross River State, former minister of power and steel, former minister of education, former lawmaker, senator Liyel Imoke is from Abi in Cross River State.

Current deputy governor of Cross River State, former vice chancellor of university of Calabar, prof. Ivara Isu is from Abi in Cross River State.

House of representatives member representing Abi/Yakurr Federal constituency, hon Alex Ogbonna is from Abi in Cross River State.

I can go on and on.

Cross River State does not segregate or discriminate Igbo communities of Cross River State.

When Biafra comes, I wish not just Abi be captured but the entire Cross River, Akwa Ibom, intact, all SE and SS States so that we have international borders with Ambazonia.

1 Like

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Arda1000(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2021
Good gestures from the people of Izzi,I hope other Igbo tribes/subgroups emulate this gesture when it arises

2 Likes

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2021
dared0637:
This is very commendable, how do I donate? my anger right now is that since the useless Benue state government have clearly shown they don't care about these Izzi community that were wickedly carved out from Ebonyi, why can't they just let these people return back to their kith and kin in Ebonyi? Where are the Ohaneze and other elites? Igbo leaders are just so useless honestly.

Lastly Nigeria will continue to suffer cyclic failure for its malicious policy against Ndigbo, they carved our people into non-Igbo states (Rivers, Benue, Cross river, Kogi ) just to reduce our landmass and population, but God pass them, I'm glad more and more of our brothers outside the SE who were suffering from identity crisis are now waking up to the growing Igbo nationalism.

It’s very painful.

About donating, there’s an account number and name and bank on the first picture.

He’s a Catholic priest coordinating the donation, you can donate there.

2 Likes

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Former governor of Cross River State, former minister of power and steel, former minister of education, former lawmaker, senator Liyel Imoke is from Abi in Cross River State.

Current deputy governor of Cross River State, former vice chancellor of university of Calabar, prof. Ivara Isu is from Abi in Cross River State.

House of representatives member representing Abi/Yakurr Federal constituency, hon Alex Ogbonna is from Abi in Cross River State.

I can go on and on.

Cross River State does not segregate or discriminate Igbo communities of Cross River State.

When Biafra comes, I wish not just Abi be captured but the entire Cross River, Akwa Ibom, intact, all SE and SS States so that we have international borders with Ambazonia.

Imagine this exposé.

But online miscreants and BMC urchins will be here calling Southeast a “Dot in a circle”.

I guess it’s ignorance and illiteracy that is their problem.

Or they simply cannot accept the bitter truth that SE and SS are one and that Biafra won’t be a landlocked country.

2 Likes

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by ThinkSmarter: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2021
The last picture of the boy carrying his injured brother is heartbreaking.
War and conflicts are devastating.
Let's shun war and conflicts.
Abakaliki brothers , Ezza, Ikwo, Izhi and Mgbo l'Izhia
Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by oluztx: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2021
nyiamfrank:

I can go on and on.

They are all Igbo people. After the war, they were forced to deny their Igbo root.

Gov Ayade is a pure Igbo man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hypZCwVD43s

Patience Jonathan campaigning in Igbo. Even her husband Jonathan Ebele Speaks Igbo,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwkdm8OGQoU
Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by Penguin2: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2021
oluztx:

They are all Igbo people. After the war, they were forced to deny their Igbo root.

Gov Ayade is a pure Igbo man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hypZCwVD43s

Patience Jonathan campaigning in Igbo. Even her husband Jonathan Ebele Speaks Igbo,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwkdm8OGQoU

Omo see as I open mouth angry
Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by ZZ22: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
The last picture of the boy carrying his injured brother is heartbreaking.
War and conflicts are devastating.
Let's shun war and conflicts.
Abakaliki brothers , Ezza, Ikwo, Izhi and Mgbo l'Izhia
Which war? this is terrorism. These are people Fulani herdsmen killed in their sleep

1 Like

Re: Over 173 Ebonyians Contribute Money To Help Victims Of Herders Attack In Benue by esnbrutality: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2021
IGBO STRONG PEOPLE.
COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE.
LOVING PEOPLE

AND ALSO RECOGNIZED AS THE "BRAVEST AND STRONGEST TRIBE" IN THIS SHITHOLE.

I HAIL IGBO PEOPLE ...UNA TOOO TOOO MUCH!!

CC: Mynd44

Take to front page let the world see!!

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Commissioner Wears President Yahaya Bello Outfit / The Word Love Not Found In Igbo Vocabulary / BREAKING: How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya, Unlawfully-family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.