Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,022 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today (32711 Views)

Patricia Etteh Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 66th Birthday Today / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Turns 67 Today

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (born 13 June 1954) is a Nigerian-born economist and international development expert. She sits on the Boards of Standard Chartered Bank, Twitter, Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI), and the African Risk Capacity (ARC).

Previously, Okonjo-Iweala spent a 25-year career at the World Bank as a development economist, scaling the ranks to the Number 2 position of Managing Director, Operations (2007-2011). She also served two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria (2003-2006, 2011-2015) under the leadership of President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan respectively.

Education and personal life

Okonjo-Iweala was born in Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State, Nigeria where her father Professor Chukwuka Okonjo is the Eze (King) from the Obahai Royal Family of Ogwashi-Ukwu.

Okonjo-Iweala was educated at Queen's School, Enugu, St. Anne's School, Molete, Ibadan, and the International School Ibadan. She arrived in the US in 1973 as a teenager to study at Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude with an AB in Economics in 1976. In 1981, she earned her Ph.D in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a thesis titled Credit policy, rural financial markets, and Nigeria's agricultural development. She received an International Fellowship from the American Association of University Women (AAUW), that supported her doctoral studies.

She is married to Dr. Ikemba Iweala, a neurosurgeon. They have four children - one daughter, Onyinye Iweala (AB, MD, PhD, Harvard) and three sons, Uzodinma Iweala (AB, Harvard, MD, Columbia), Okechukwu Iweala (AB, Harvard) and Uchechi Iweala (AB, MD, MBA, Harvard).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by OlawaleBammie: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2021
Okare

I dont know this woman

I dont know if she's an American

I dont know if she's osu or not

I dont know if Buhari likes her or not

I dont know if she share same view with Nnamdi Kanu ir not.

But i know she's a role model for my daughter,

Tho i don't know much about her personality but her dressing dey scatter my head, she's never ashamed of tying her headgear while rocking her indigenous outfit.

Mama i hail u ma, na u be the Odogwu, the Ogaraya grin grin

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by richmond500: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2021
Ngozi and Barrack Obama has shown that neither ur gender nor skin colour can stop u from getting to the top.

Get ur behind up that chair and sail through the perilous seas, no be to deh blame Buhari for ur misfortune

Ur mindset is ur own limitation, the sky no get limit, Barrier is an illusion and ur perception about reality is more real than reality itself.

HBD to a wonderful woman

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by PrinceOfLagos: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2021
May God continue to bless all the hard working Igbo women including my Igbo girlfriend , Chisom and beautiful daughter .

God blessings shall never depart from all my Igbo friends and the lovers of Igbo race .

I know in my next life,God will create me Igbo and success shall never depart from me and my household.

Happy birthday Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
I wish you many more prosperous years , amen.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by richmond500: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2021
One of three influential normal people Nigeria has ever produced.

Me, Dangote and Ngozi, haters go and die

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by ChiefSosa(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
Damn. Better soap dey that family...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by MakotoShishio: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday to a woman of substance and achievement.
Maybe as a member of the Twitter Board of Directors, you can talk sense into the dullards empty skull

[img]https://images./68FKsaxkDKaH7lxIVMeV73.jpg[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Fahdiga1: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
A rare gem. God will bless me with a daughter like you Amen. Like if you want a daughter like her and share if you want a daughter like Kemi Olunloyo

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Simplyleo: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
Okay.

So NOI and Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar have same birthday.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Mexzy4sho(m): 9:12am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday Mama

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Thunderfayayou: 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
lalasticlala:

MakotoShishio:
cheesy

Chai IGBO AMAKA!

Another DOT representing the Entire World.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by NwaNimo1(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Must all these birthdays be announced on front page?

[img]https://media1./images/bfc854d834c9fa6edbc5753af2e421c0/tenor.gif?itemid=13123178[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
The corner stone her people called all sorts of names is now one of the powerful women in the world.
Aunty Ngozi, ever since u left them with their change and 4+4 body dey tell them anyhow.
Aunty Ngozi, ever since they said cow rearer/leader is better than good economy, body still dey tell them
Aunty Ngozi, ever since Una govt comot and they voted change, na so the change just dey change am for everybody
Respect to the Iron Lady
Respect to the Daughter of Zion
Maka ogwu amu DM me, I will gv it to u free only if u are in Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by isunday: 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy Birthday better woman.....

I don't even know if we still have a Finance Minister after you left...

9 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Kingrefreshed: 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
lalasticlala:

Another DOT.

grin grin

God I wanna remain this type of DOT in this world till I drop dead.

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by nairalee(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Woman of caliber and charisma. One of the only few Nigerian icon wey I rep to the fullest.

May God bless you with more grace as we are also bestowed with such grace. Cheers ma'am

9 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by money121(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Hbd ma

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Akada1(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
All the children na Harvard product

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Nemesis0147(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday MA

.....Proudly a DOT!!

14 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday to old Nigerian looters wish you long life and prosperity

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by d1tto(m): 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday madam.
Thanks for making Nigeria proud.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday mam

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday and best wishes ma.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by naijadrivablog: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
She looks 45, happy birthday

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Yewandequeen(f): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday to you ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by point5: 9:16am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy birthday NOI..please help let the world hear about Nigeria predicament..Nigerians now bid for division

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by phygo89(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy to u Ada Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Yewandequeen(f): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
She looks 45
she is ageing beautifully

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2021
point5:
Happy birthday NOI..please help let the world hear about Nigeria predicament..Nigerians now bid for division

She's in bed with those racists

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 13, 2021
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a traitor!

An African leader that has sold her birth country to others for what she can gain.

All these comments above hailing her....
What has she EVER done for any of you before?
That's why Nigerians will always struggle with leadership, they are always choosing their leaders based on ethnicity, religion and personal preferences. Hardly ever on the basis of performance.

So it is Oyibo people that will determine the best leaders for Africa when they put them in charge of their own institutions?
You people don't think they are there to serve the white man's interest and not yours?

Black people and their fish brain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Amotekun Commander In Igangan / Fulani Herdsmen Attacked Goska Village, Kill Scores, Burn Houses (photos) / Northern Women Flaunt Their Labour Party Card In Bauchi (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.