Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,632 members, 7,958,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:34 AM

"We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North (1495 Views)

PDP Crisis: Lagos PDP Members Reject G-5 Governors, vow To Vote Atiku (Videos) / INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Reject Posting, Deployment To Polling Units In Anambra / Apc Members Reject Akpabio As Political Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by VEXT: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2021
The medical corps members are worried about their lives due to the insecurity in the northern region where cases of Boko Haram, herdsmen and banditry violence have worsened in recent times.
Authorities of the National Youth Service Corps ( NYSC) have denied applications for redeployment from the north tendered by some southern corps members, mainly doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.

The medical corps members are worried about their lives due to the insecurity in the northern region where cases of Boko Haram, herdsmen and banditry violence have worsened in recent times.

One of them, a young doctor, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told SaharaReporters that the relocation forms were filled by the corps members who had health issues while some wanted to redeploy for the sake of insecurity in the region.

However, he said they were denied redeployment from the North. Lately corps members are being deployed to meet the needs of the health care system in the region, owing to the state government's failure to employ more doctors and nurses.

He noted that there were hardly any provisions made for the corps members in terms of accommodation and security.

He said, "The country's insecurity has affected various states in Nigeria, and it is becoming alarming. This is to the Director-General of NYSC; please allow all corps members to relocate or redeploy to their states of choice.

"We expect that when posted to a camp, and after you manage to spend three weeks in camp, you should be able to relocate to your state of choice irrespective of your state of origin or course of study because the country is unstable right now.

"The NYSC DG has made relocation difficult for doctors, nurses, medical laboratory scientists and pharmacists and people who studied some other courses.

"We observe that this failed government is using these sets of people in place of doctors and nurses that ought to be in the system. The government has refused to employ workers, so corps members in the medical profession are used in hospitals as the major staff members instead of a support system.

"They have refused to relocate us to where we want to go because it feels safe for us. At a time like this, we need to be around our family or relatives and not just in any state, so it is so wrong to disapprove our relocation requests.

"I believe we have just one life to live and our lives are more important than where we are posted to work. I am a medical doctor, posted to Jos, Plateau State, but due to the insecurity, we decided to redeploy from there and some of my colleagues used medical reports, which showed they were not OK. The criteria for leaving were medical reasons or insecurity, or marriage, so we submitted our relocation form. I left the orientation camp because I was not too fine; I wanted to go back to Delta.

"About a week after passing out, the authorities said they had not seen our relocation forms, medical report and all. I told the person who called that I was not feeling fine but he kept calling. So, I had to contact my bunkmate who helped me fill that same relocation form all over again."

"In my camp, only about two persons were allowed to relocate out of about 33 doctors and those who got theirs were seriously connected. Should we go to the North and die because I am a government child?

"Of all my friends who are also medical practitioners, only about four were posted to Ekiti, Osun and other southern states; the rest were taken to Sokoto and Kaduna. One of us encountered bandits on his way to Sokoto; he escaped, though and we had to ask him to put on his WhatsApp location to know wherever he was going.

"The accommodation they give corps members is not befitting. My friend in Borno told me they lost a corps member, a pharmacist, during the camp. She was 24 years old and she had started panting after they played volleyball. They rushed her to the clinic but in less than 10 minutes, she died. The clinic had no oxygen. It was after she died that the oxygen arrived. So the official there told them to lie that the lady died at the referral hospital. You can imagine this."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pressinformant.com/we-dont-want-to-die-here-nysc-shuns-applications-by-southern-medical-corps-members-who-desperately-want-to-redeploy-from-north-due-to-insecurity/amp/

1 Like

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by uBuNiT: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2021
Serve niGEria. Are you not patriotic again ?
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Fahdiga1: 10:33am On Jun 13, 2021
O
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Rugaria: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Buhari doesn't care!
Made sure my younger ones never went to the North for service!
Spend millions to train a graduates only to be told he was burnt to ashes by a fulani reptile?
Taaaaah
A president who told the governor of Lagos State to force Lagosians to trek to work because some hoodlums went to burn down buses and bus stations
Lol!
Is that one a president!?
We are dealing with vintage ntî ike here!
This is what it looks like when you make a soldier ant the president of human beings!
Change Chang Change..
Buhari don change am for una naa..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by andyblinks05: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2021
Not all northern states are facing insecurity, I think what the should do is to avoid posting Corp members to security hot zone

Pls check my thread and drop opinion
https://www.nairaland.com/6600217/learn-both-skills-simultaneously
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Ryda(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2021
They signed up to serve their fatherland, not get killed by bokoharam, bandits or our darling president cousins. angry

3 Likes

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Ebimor96: 11:00am On Jun 13, 2021
grin
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Ever8090: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2021
They should be posting northerners to nothen states, southners to southern states, middle beltans to middle belt states..so that everyone will handle their own mess...

3 Likes

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by CodeTemplar: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
Lol...
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by agulion: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
The should send all the Yoruba Muslims corpers to this states, Borno state, Zamfara, Kastina, sokoto, Bauchi, Kaduna and Nigeria state, they are the ones that wants one Nigeria by all means, Yoruba Muslims are unity begars of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Rugaria: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
They should be posting northerners to nothen states, southners to southern states, middle beltans to middle belt states..so that everyone will handle their own mess...

How many northerners have you seen down south?
They use that overated scheme to pack all graduating southern gals to their enclave so they can tempt them to end..
Didn't you read Hellrufai saying that most of their people consider female youth corpers from the South to be harlots?

2 Likes

Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by EMMY76: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nigeria is not worth dieing for my younger brother was posted to yobe state he spent three weeks in the camp with daily constant fears of bokoharam attacking their camp. He later managed to return home safely emaciated and sick I have to persuade him not to return back when I read online that bokoharam have taken over gaidem town, all efforts to successfully relocate him to another safer state have not been successful despite paying bribes nysc officials. I have told him to forget about the nysc program if he can't relocate from yobe I don't even know why this govt is so determined to send young innocent school graduates to war zones in the north?
Re: "We Don't Want To Die Here"- NYSC Members Reject Posting To North by Fejoku: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Even cows reject going to where they can see certain death. Southern youth Corp members were killed because of this same Buhari in 2011. No one was brought to justice for their death and it was swept under the carpet. Why should any sensible youngster from the South go to the north presently when bandits and kidnappers are having a field day? After your parents sweated to see you through tertiary institution without any single government help, you still carry yourselves to blood suckers who delight in murdering people. Isn't it ironical that your education doesn't make you wiser? NYSC is no longer of any use. It has not changed anything in the system. An underqualified fulani without a discharge certificate will still get a government job ahead of an overqualified southern youth with the useless certificate. What then is the use of the scheme?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Drivers: What Could The Policeman And The VIO Man Be Discussing? Pictures / The South South People And Republic. / Imagine The Person Been Interviewed Is A Fulani Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.