Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? (406 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Propheticdavid: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Is it proper or scriptural to tell an intending convert from another religion that believe in our lord jesus christ and really want to serve him but still under parent,and will cause trouble if they find out, is it proper to tell them they can worship God and pray in jesus name in secret till they are independent and can speak and choose for themselves.
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Propheticdavid: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
pls really scriptural contribution to this..
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Eviana(f): 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
I really like this question.
It seems as if, however, this may be a complicated situation and would need divine wisdom.
You know the awesome thing about prayer to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel is that anyone can do it.....anywhere and anytime. It can be done silently where only the person and God Himself know what is being uttered.
What is so awesome about the Lord is that HE knows exactly what we are feeling, need and want.
He will also provide the way.....He will instruct thee and teach theein the way which thou shalt go (Psalm 32:8
All the person has to do is PRAY SINCERELY AND EXPECTANTLY IN FAITH AND HUMILITY TO THE LORD GOD....daily and watch how God will answer, direct and guide.
If there are possible dangers of praying openly or acknowledging Him openly, then God knows and understands. He will lead the sincere heart in the right way at the right time. Here are some scriptures.

“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly..... For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him....(Matthew 6:6,8

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God …” (Philippians 4:6)

“Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion; and to You the vow shall be performed. O You who hear prayer, to You all flesh will come.” (Psalm 65:1-2)

“… Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:23-24)

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)

So many more scriptures, but these are but a few. I hope that helps some.
Be blessed
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Propheticdavid: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
eviana,thanks so much..i really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by perezeghi: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Is it proper or scriptural to tell an intending convert from another religion that believe in our lord jesus christ and really want to serve him but still under parent,and will cause trouble if they find out, is it proper to tell them they can worship God and pray in jesus name in secret till they are independent and can speak and choose for themselves.

This is from KJV........
Gal.2.2 - And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

I hope you do understand what is written there. It's paramount you apply wisdom on that good thing which the Lord is doing in the life of that new convert.
As you're bringing him to faith also try and ensure you build his faith in the Word and also give yourself to prayer that the Holy Spirit should take absolute control over the issue.
If you do what you're expected to do right and the convert does his own part sincerely the good Lord at the appropriate time will tell him when to come out publicly to declare his faith to his family. Just allow the Holy Spirit be your guide and let him desire the infilling of the Holy Spirit to be able to stand bold when the need arises.
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by xproducer: 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
We should always pray for GOD's wisdom, grace and strength in these and all matters.

We can be naturally fearful of persecution for professing the Lord JESUS, but with GOD all things are possible, and if we are His, we can rest assured that we will always be His:

Confess Christ Before Men
Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 10:32

The Just Live by Faith
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." - Romans 1:16

"For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

Jesus Teaches the Fear of God
And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!" - Luke 12:3-5

-------------

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." - Romans 8:34-37
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Monogamy: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
Religious people are really funny..

They want to convert others to their religion but they are not ready to be converters to other region...

That's simply hypocrisy
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Eviana(f): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
Propheticdavid:
e.viana,thanks so much..i really appreciate.

I take this thread very seriously and will be praying for you, the person in question and anyone else who may be in the same predicament yet is terribly fearful. Sincere prayer first is the key to employing wisdom in practical and spiritual matters...especially spiritual.
God will answer undoubtedly...and everything will work out for good.
Blessings

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Jesus Christ said that if you deny Him before men,He will deny you before the Father in Heaven - Matthew 10 vs 33 undecided

It is impossible to serve God in hiding as that is akin to hiding the Light(Jesus Christ) in us, when we are meant to let it shine so they world may see it - Matthew 5 vs 14 -16. undecided
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Propheticdavid: 1:35am On Jun 14, 2021
xproducer:
We should always pray for GOD's wisdom, grace and strength in these and all matters.

We can be naturally fearful of persecution for professing the Lord JESUS, but with GOD all things are possible, and if we are His, we can rest assured that we will always be His:

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 10:32

The Just Live by Faith
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." - Romans 1:16

"For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ." - Galatians 1:10

And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!" - Luke 12:3-5

-------------

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." - Romans 8:34-37

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Propheticdavid: 1:35am On Jun 14, 2021
perezeghi:

This is from KJV........
Gal.2.2 - And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

I hope you do understand what is written there. It's paramount you apply wisdom on that good thing which the Lord is doing in the life of that new convert.
As you're bringing him to faith also try and ensure you build his faith in the Word and also give yourself to prayer that the Holy Spirit should take absolute control over the issue.
If you do what you're expected to do right and the convert does his own part sincerely the good Lord at the appropriate time will tell him when to come out publicly to declare his faith to his family. Just allow the Holy Spirit be your guide and let him desire the infilling of the Holy Spirit to be able to stand bold when the need arises.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by xproducer: 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Propheticdavid:

-----

Certainly. We thank GOD for His excellent, unfailing word.
Re: Is It Proper Or Scriptural To Do This??? by Eviana(f): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
xproducer:

The Just Live by Faith

-------------

I definitely agree with you and the other poster about using wisdom first
Very powerful scriptures and the heart that sincere Christians must have in these endtimes.

I just thought that since this was a new convert who may not be at the level you described above, that baby steps would come first....the emphasis on praying to the Lord God.
Those above scriptures are definitely the level of the heart that the new convert will possess and reach by God's grace soon enough.
Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Why Satan Would Prefer Christians Keep The Law Of Moses Than The Law Of Christ / Don't Take Covid-19 Vaccine / Bishop Oyedepos Response To Sacked Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.