Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job (637 Views)

Choosing A Letter Of Recommendation For A Scholarship / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / Letter Of Administration And What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job by Nugesboi: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Dear Nlander,

I lost my job exactly 10months ago due to effect of Covid 19 pandemic. Before this incident, I was with this organization (Financial Institution) for over 8years. After three months of hustling in the city of Abuja, I got a letter of recommendation from a Federal House of representative member.
The recommendation letter was addressed to the CEO/MD, Bank of Industry, Abuja. I personally took the letter to their office in Abuja for delivery. I requested for the phone number of the person I submitted the letter to for follow up but he declined that he is not the one in charge.
My people, this is the fifth month and they are yet to get back to me. I am worried as I have responsibilities (wife, children and parents) to take care of and my small savings is gradually going down.

I tried surfing the internet if I could get a BOI senior officer email address so I can relate my case. Who knows help could come from there.

Any help or advice on how to go about this.

Best Regards,
Re: How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job by esthel(f): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
A letter of recommendation isn't sufficient, if he wanted to help he would have gotten in contact with someone from within who has assured him to give you a place or if there was a recruitment there and you applied, the letter can give you an edge over others. If he doesn't have a personal relationship with that CEO I guess nothing will happen. He needs to reach out to someone from within.
Re: How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job by Nugesboi: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
esthel:
A letter of recommendation isn't sufficient, if he wanted to help he would have gotten in contact with someone from within who has assured him to give you a place or if there was a recruitment there and you applied, the letter can give you an edge over others. If he doesn't have a personal relationship with that CEO I guess nothing will happen. He needs to reach out to someone from within.

Thank you
Re: How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job by legacystore: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2021
Nugesboi:
Dear Nlander,

I lost my job exactly 10months ago due to effect of Covid 19 pandemic. Before this incident, I was with this organization (Financial Institution) for over 8years. After three months of hustling in the city of Abuja, I got a letter of recommendation from a Federal House of representative member.
The recommendation letter was addressed to the CEO/MD, Bank of Industry, Abuja. I personally took the letter to their office in Abuja for delivery. I requested for the phone number of the person I submitted the letter to for follow up but he declined that he is not the one in charge.
My people, this is the fifth month and they are yet to get back to me. I am worried as I have responsibilities (wife, children and parents) to take care of and my small savings is gradually going down.

I tried surfing the internet if I could get a BOI senior officer email address so I can relate my case. Who knows help could come from there.

Any help or advice on how to go about this.

Best Regards,

The recommendation will work only if the house member will follow it up himself.

Better look for other ways to sustain your family (like driving taxi with your car) while the wait lasts.
Re: How Effective Is Letter Of Recommendation For Federal Government Job by ibechris(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2021
If the house of rep man is a committee member of financial institutions in the country,u might be lucky,but if not forget it.

In Nigeria of today,if u don't have money,no govt job for u. And if u don't have rich parents,my brother na express u dey go.

The aspect of luck is no longer an option.

Nigeria under Buhari has made people to be greedy and heartless.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need help please / Your Owambe Didn't Rock If These Women Didn't Attend (pix) / Funny Invitation/introduction Letter Of A Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.