Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable (401 Views)

Buhari Identifies Pathway For Enduring Democracy In Chad / Buhari Identifies 3 Types Of Boko Haram, Says 2015 Will Be Bloody If … / Again Obasanjo Taunts Buhari, Calls Him A Tyrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by gistsmill04: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
The former Nigeria president Olusegun Obasanjo has again penned an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari about the current state of the nation.

Obasanjo in his letter admonished Buhari’s government to come to terms with the level of insecurity, herdsmen crisis in the county and take a decisive decision before it’s too late.

The former Nigeria President identified four calamities waiting to happen if Buhari’s government failed to act immediately.

These include letting Nigeria fall into the hands of suspected criminals, reprisal attacks on Fulanis, attacks on other ethnic groups, as well as series of uprisings in sections of the country.

Obasanjo letter to President Buhari reads in full;

Full letter to President Buhari

Dear President and General Buhari,

I am constrained to write to you this open letter. I decided to make it an open letter because the issue is very weighty and must be greatly worrisome to all concerned Nigerians and that means all right-thinking Nigerians and those resident in Nigeria. Since the issue is of momentous concern to all well-meaning and all right-thinking Nigerians, it must be of great concern to you, and collective thinking and dialoguing is the best way of finding an appropriate and adequate solution to the problem. The contents of this letter, therefore, should be available to all those who can help in proffering effective solutions for the problem of insecurity in the land.

One of the spinoffs and accelerants is the misinformation and disinformation through the use of fake news. A number of articles, in recent days, have been attributed to me by some people who I believe may be seeking added credence and an attentive audience for their opinions and view-points. As you know very well, I will always boldly own what I say and disown what is put into my mouth. But the issue I am addressing here is very serious; it is the issue of life and death for all of us and for our dear country, Nigeria. This issue can no longer be ignored, treated with nonchalance, swept under the carpet or treated with cuddling glove. The issue is hitting at the foundation of our existence as Nigerians and fast eroding the root of our Nigerian community. I am very much worried and afraid that we are on the precipice and dangerously reaching a tipping point where it may no longer be possible to hold danger at bay. Without being immodest, as a Nigerian who still bears the scar of the Nigerian civil war on my body and with a son who bears the scar of fighting Boko Haram on his body, you can understand, I hope, why I am so concerned. When people are desperate and feel that they cannot have confidence in the ability of government to provide security for their lives and properties, they will take recourse to anything and everything that can guarantee their security individually and collectively.

For over ten years, for four of which you have been the captain of the ship, Boko Haram has menacingly ravaged the land and in spite of government’s claim of victory over Boko Haram, the potency and the activities of Boko Haram, where they are active, remain undiminished, putting lie to government’s claim. The recent explanation of the Chief of Army Staff for non-victory due to lack of commitment and lack of motivation on the part of troops bordering on sabotage speaks for itself. Say what you will, Boko Haram is still a daily issue of insecurity for those who are victimised, killed, maimed, kidnapped, raped, sold into slavery and forced into marriage and for children forcibly recruited into carrying bombs on them to detonate among crowds of people to cause maximum destructions and damage. And Boko Haram will not go away on the basis of sticks alone, carrots must overweigh sticks. How else do you deal with issues such as only about 50% literacy in North-East with over 70% unemployment?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/again-obasanjo-pens-letter-buhari-identifies-the-avoidable.html

Re: Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by Sunnybay7: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
Buhari won't read this letter, if you want him to glance through it just put cow in the heading,then it will receive presidential attention.
Re: Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by Ever8090: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Obasanjo that had the opportunity to reposition the country bon the path of progress but chosed to introduce corruption and election rigging instead..
All of una na the same...find somewhere go sit-down old dude..
Re: Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by Generalnomercy: 6:57am On Jun 14, 2021
Ever8090:
Obasanjo that had the opportunity to reposition the country bon the path of progress but chosed to introduce corruption and election rigging instead..
All of una na the same...find somewhere go sit-down old dude..

Continue celebrating Buhari until his band of terrorists chop you into pieces.

Keep hailing him.

A tyrant has no friend.

It will reach all you shouting "SAI BABA"

Una own go worse pass Judas case.
Re: Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by Ever8090: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2021
Generalnomercy:

Continue celebrating Buhari until his band of terrorists chop you into pieces.

Keep hailing him.

A tyrant has no friend.

It will reach all you shouting "SAI BABA"

Una own go worse pass Judas case.
I just want to be sure you did not see this line "all of you are the same" in my comment before coming up with this trash as a reply...
Re: Again, Obasanjo Pens Letter To Buhari, Identifies The Avoidable by Blackfire(m): 8:57am On Jun 14, 2021
An Igbo man writing a letter to buhari to read...

10th wonder of the world

(1) (Reply)

Plateau State:night Attack By Fulani Herdsmen In Sabon Layi Kuru / Buhari Fails Whenever He Has Chance To Shine / Why EFCC Chairman Is Covering Up Ministry Of Works Director Found With N1billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.