Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (750 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time / Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rap Albums On The Billboard Charts by kay29000(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2011
It is that time of the week again, when i give you the top selling rap albums on the billboard charts. There are no new albums on the charts this week, so Whiz Khalifa still is the highest selling rapper on the charts. His Rolling paper album sold 24,000 copies this week, bringing the total to 352,000. I hope he makes it to Gold status.

Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday album is still selling, and she moved 14,000 copies this week. The total domestic sales of the album so far is at 1,342,000 copies sold.

Gunz N Butta by Cam'ron and Vado sold 4,400 copies this week, and is now at a total of 12,000 copies sold. That is pretty low, but it is good that Cam released it on an Indie label (E1 Music), so he would be making like 8 dollars on each CD instead of one dollar that most artists on major labels make off their CDs.

Legendary West Coast Rapper/Producer, Dj Quick is still on the charts with his latest album; The Book of David. The album sold 4,200 copies this week, bringing the whole total to 14,000 copies sold.

T.I has finally gone GOLD with his No Mercy. As you can see from the album promo widget on the left side of my blog, i am also helping him with the marketing of the album, because i wish him all the best. He has really dropped in sales. It took him half a year to sell 500,000 copies, which he did easily on the first week of his last 3 albums, comfortably. No Mercy sold 3,200 copies this week, bringing the total to 502,000 copies sold.

The Teflon Don from Rick Ross sold 3,000 copies this week, and the album is now at 615,000 copies sold. Although this album has not gone plat, it can be said to be the the third best album that dropped last year (2010). I think the best rap album of last year would be a tie between Eminem's RECOVERY album, and Nas and Damian Marley's DISTANT RELATIVES album.

(1) (Reply)

Vic O Club Banger: Billboard No 1: / Usher, Etc. Who's The Best Dancer? / Cynthia Mare - Catch Me When I Fall Featuring General Pype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.