Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday (36063 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:39am On Jun 14, 2021
abatically:

It depends on where u live in Lagos and where ur going in Ibadan. If u live on the mainland and going to around Iwo road then the train might not be ur best option. I expect them to have at least 1 terminal on the mainland.

Agege and Alagbado have upcoming train stations.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Judenzuruike: 5:49am On Jun 14, 2021
Seems it's N2500.
damoobaba:
How much is the fare
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by mapet: 5:58am On Jun 14, 2021
nonyene:
What is the offence of Niger Delta and SE? Reason we must
return to regionalis

Pls do return to "Regionalis...", whatever that means...

Meanwhile I can tell you what happened to SE & Niger-Delta. Na dem dey do themselves. After enjoying the Warri-Itakpe train during the Xmas period especially cutting travel fees by almost 50%, shaming transporters who normally take advantage to hike price, people went to start stealing rail tracks

2 Likes

Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by mapet: 6:00am On Jun 14, 2021
Emmhychidi:

Ode so na rail way line be technology Go Japan see bullet train make u close mouth...

You were never reach Airport dey tell person to go to Japan �

1 Like

Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by mapet: 6:03am On Jun 14, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
Government investment in rail transportation is fantastic but it should be affordable when compare with road transportation in terms of fares.

As with most capital projects, it will first price high at beginning to recover substantial capital costs and keep operations afloat... as more coaches are introduced through private sector eparticipation prices begin to be competitive...

1 Like

Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by mapet: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2021
shiwex:
This is something..but we need to improve with time. Hopefully we will get to the stage where trains are leaving every 10/15mins and not just two trains a day.

That's where private sector partners come in
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by mapet: 6:05am On Jun 14, 2021
Tolani1122:
How much is the t fear ,somebody tell me

t “fear” is free
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by PrinceofHCI(m): 6:19am On Jun 14, 2021
gowonmaharajah:
you think Buhari is dead?
Google buhari burial.....
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by airminem(f): 6:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Security is key at the train station
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by litaninja(m): 7:03am On Jun 14, 2021
Lol. In nigeria, rails transport is 3 - 4 times more expensive than road transport.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by alushkimo(m): 8:14am On Jun 14, 2021
litaninja:
Lol. In nigeria, rails transport is 3 - 4 times more expensive than road transport.
How is this so? If you take a car from Ojota to Ibadan, it won’t cost you less than N2,500 per person. And I’m not sure you want to compare the train service to those Ill maintained, rickety buses charging 1000.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Freelane33(m): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2021
Well said
ShobayoEmma:
We will not rest until Southwest becomes foremost nation in the world. So help us God.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by olujastro: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

Very brilliant of you.

Please check trainline to see how you can keep updating your website.

Can you collaborate with NRC so your site can be the go to for all in Nigeria to check for the train updates.

Good job .
Thanks.
I’m wondering how to get in touch with the NRC for possible collaboration. I tweeted my website to them but I didn’t get any response.
What means would you recommend?

By trainline, do you mean thetrainline.com website?
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Temmylee01(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Map1:
fvcking expensive from lag to ib how much will it cost me from Iwo road to lag nd where thier train station is located in ibadan is very far oooh haba!!! And vip is 6k ahh too much
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Temmylee01(m): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2021
alushkimo:

How is this so? If you take a car from Ojota to Ibadan, it won’t cost you less than N2,500 per person. And I’m not sure you want to compare the train service to those Ill maintained, rickety buses charging 1000.
oga shatap dia, did you know the distance in where the station is position in ibadan very far from town nah trek you go trek go dia or wht??
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2021
olujastro:

Thanks.
I’m wondering how to get in touch with the NRC for possible collaboration. I tweeted my website to them but I didn’t get any response.
What means would you recommend?

By trainline, do you mean thetrainline.com website?

Yes I mean trainline.com.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:14am On Jun 14, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Nice one..

EKO & IBADAN for show.

This is lovely and maintenance culture should be applied.

@Seniorwriter

Not forgetting Abeokuta too!

It's been run and maintained by the Chinese and it is a money making venture of which they take very seriously.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2021
Commendable.

But 8 am is too late. There should be a 5 am (depending on how many hours the journey is) so people can actually be living in Lagos and working in Ibadan or living in Ibadan and working in Lagos. This will help in discongesting lagos as you wouldn't need to actually reside in Lagos even though you work there.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by murade: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2021
Temmylee01:
How much is the ticket fee.
economy -N2,500
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2021
wman:
Lmao.

So what problem was solved with these trains?
would you prefer if it wasn't done? It's people like you that would ridicule Nigeria for not having trains in the 21st century and now that there's train and you're asking what problem would it solve.. Honestly you have fast and pray your offsprings doesn't become like you..
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by loganx: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2021
like every other government agency your communication should provide the following details;
Where and how can the public buy tickets?
Is it available online or physical purchase or both?
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2021
tempusfugit:
Remuove Niger delta from your list just your south east, there a functional railway from warri to Abuja, I used it last week and it was awesome
I thought it's from Warri to Itakpe (in Kogi). Have they extended it to Abuja? It would be nice if they have.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2021
gowonmaharajah:

you think Buhari is dead?
Anybody that still think Buhari is dead after watching his Arise and NTA interview isn't normal. Any conspiracy theory after then is utter stupidity..
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 10:39am On Jun 14, 2021
PrinceofHCI:

Google buhari burial.....
Lol. You're still among those people that swallow every new he sees on the Internet? That's very sad.
Check any the news outlet the spewed that fake news. Is any of them reliable?

Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Hishowlau(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2021
Nisiw365:

Its 2500. Stop lying

I entered it 5k..guess it's business class sha.,na full AC
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by PrinceofHCI(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Lol. You're still among those people that swallow every new he sees on the Internet? That's very sad.
Check any the news outlet the spewed that fake news. Is any of them reliable?
In any rumour, there's always an atom of truth........
Not to worry, time will tell!
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by wman(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2021
Perfectbeing:
would you prefer if it wasn't done? It's people like you that would ridicule Nigeria for not having trains in the 21st century and now that there's train and you're asking what problem would it solve.. Honestly you have fast and pray your offsprings doesn't become like you..

See this bloody APC fan. It's a very simple question. Answer it. You are intelligent.

What problem does it solve?
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by wman(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Commendable.

But 8 am is too late. There should be a 5 am (depending on how many hours the journey is) so people can actually be living in Lagos and working in Ibadan or living in Ibadan and working in Lagos. This will help in discongesting lagos as you wouldn't need to actually reside in Lagos even though you work there.

Lmao. This guy still believes in the fantasy that those trains with their time of travel and their transport cost will solve the problem of working in Lagos and living in Ibadan.

You guys are devoid of critical thinking. Pray and fast for yourself and your offsprings so you will all have sense.
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2021
wman:

Lmao. This guy still believes in the fantasy that those trains with their time of travel and their transport cost will solve the problem of working in Lagos and living in Ibadan.

You guys are devoid of critical thinking. Pray and fast for yourself and your offsprings so you will all have sense.
K
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2021
wman:

See this bloody APC fan. It's a very simple question. Answer it. You are intelligent.

What problem does it solve?
Let me give you the answer you would love to hear. It would solve nothing. Bye
Re: NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday by Perfectbeing(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2021
PrinceofHCI:

In any rumour, there's always an atom of truth........
Not to worry, time will tell!
So was there an atom of truth in the rumor that Nnamdi Kanu is dead?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Turkish Visa Experts Needed / New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.