Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity (593 Views)

'So Critics Are More Important Than Bandits?'- Apostle Suleman Asks / How TB Jousha Was Rejected By CAN,PFN Till His Death / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by DMISS: 2:55am On Jun 14, 2021
http:///s6e69aaa1210613en_ng?link=1&client=news

The popular global televangelist from Nigeria, Prophet TB Joshua would have been celebrating his 58th birthday on 12 June 2021, if he had not died on Saturday, 6 June 2021.

However, by what could be described as divine Providence during one of his most recent programmes, the globally recognized Prophet, who is well known for his philanthropic ventures, humility, and love for humanity instructed his followers, friends, and well-wishers to pray and reach out to the needy instead of travelling down to Nigeria to celebrate his birthday.

While the world mourns his sudden passage to the great beyond, some religious and traditional leaders have been celebrating the demise of the Prophet.

Some of his critics took to their social media page to call him names while others celebrate his death in their sanctuaries.

While the criticism and celebration of the death of the popular televangelist by the likes of the Ghana Juju priest, Nana Kwaku Bonsam, may be excused because of their understandings is darkened, criticism coming from Christian leaders could be quite disturbing.

These reactions from TB Joshua's critics could apparently imply there is division in the body of Christ.

The Bible did not in any of its books enjoined Christians to rejoice over the death of anyone not to talk of someone professing Christ.

The book of Ezekiel Chapter 18:23 (NLT) says:

“Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live."

It is not clear where these Christians Leaders, celebrating the passing of TB Joshua got their scriptural backing from.

Prominent among these Christian clerics are:

A Senior Pastor of Divine Mercy Church, Olatobiloba Peters has disclosed that God revealed to him that TB Joshua was not in heaven.

He reportedly said though TB Joshua was a good man and one of the greatest philanthropists of our time, the things of the spirit are different from how many see things.

“God showed me in a revelation at night that Temitope Joshua did not make it to heaven. In that revelation, I saw that he could not make it because the powers he was using were not from God, this is what was revealed to me." Pastor Olatobiloba Peters said

In the same vein, Rev. Chris Okotie, the Senior Pastor of the Household of God Church, took to his Facebook page to celebrate the death of the founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nation's (SCOAN).

"The wizard at Endor who assumed the title Emmanuel has been consumed by divine indignation. And now his disciples bewail his ignominious exit

”Jesus our mighty gladiator has broken the head of the dragon with his mighty blows." Okotie said

Chris Okotie equally took a swipe at Prophet TB Joshua's followers by comparing them with Lucifer's followers.

”No marvel, one-third of God’s angels followed the disgraced anointed cherub Lucifer!!" Chris Okotie added.

Similarly, the Senior Pastor of Christian Life Church, Jackson Senyonga, whose church is located in Kampala, Uganda, described TB Joshua as the “biggest witch in Africa.”

Jackson Senyonga made the remark while addressing his members in Uganda.

that TB Joshua's death was a victory for Nigerians and Africans.

He also alleged that TB Joshua has sacrificed many.

“TB Joshua’s death means victory, he was fake, destroyed lives of thousands, and was the biggest witch in Africa.” He alleged.

Meanwhile, the senior pastor of The Awaiting The Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa has sent a message to the late Prophet TB Joshua's critics.

He reminded them that as far as this world is concerned, death is inevitable.

He equally said that their insinuations and counter-allegations against the late TB Joshua are immaterial as only God can judge him.

“As long as we are still in this sinful world, death is inevitable. Whatever anybody assumes, presumes or insinuates concerning the deceased does not hold water.

“However, Only God has the final word. According to Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 4:4, For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges. Let us examine ourselves to see whether or not we are in the faith,” Pastor Giwa said

From the above scripture, it is clear that the Bible did not instruct Christians to judge others, rather it instructs them to examine themselves.

The Book of James Chapter 4 verses 11-12 equally warns against condemning people.

It equally warned Christians to desist from judging people as God is the only true judge when it comes to spiritual matters and relationship with the supreme being.

"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? (James Chapter 4:11-12).

So, why were these Christian leaders quick to judge Prophet TB Joshua for performing miracles and good works in the name of Jesus Christ?

These Christian leaders believe that such great miracles manifested through the ministry of Prophet TB Joshua were not of God.

But why won't they hid under the guidance of the Bible and allow God to judge him and reward him accordingly by exercising patience until the last day to see and know who is true and who is false?

By their expressed disposition, they are invariably saying there are higher powers that could do such mighty works than the power of God expressed in the Bible.

This could also infer that their Christianity is questionable for doubting such great works as demonstrated by TB Joshua's Ministry.

Recall that in the Book of John Chapter 14 verse 12, Jesus said that his followers are expected to do even much than he did while here on earth.

"Verily Verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do, shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my father." (John 14:2)

How comes only a few tend to be working in this light and why is it difficult for some Christian leaders to accept that it is God that is manifesting His powers through the ones demonstrating signs and wonders?

There is the need to remind such Christians and Christian leaders that true Christianity is in the demonstration of the power of God and not in the eloquence of speech.

View pictures in App save up to 80% data.

1Corinthians Chapter 2 verse 1-5,

When I came to you, brothers, I didn’t come with excellence of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.

My speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of human wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power that your faith wouldn’t stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

It is also pertinent to recall what the Bible says in the Book of Mark 16 vs 17-18

"And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick, they shall recover."

In other words, if a matured Christian, ( that is a General Overseer, a Senior Pastor, a Spiritual Father, etc) is not manifesting the above-mentioned traits in the Book of Mark and Corinthians, it is the Christianity of such superintendent that should be questioned.

Prophet TB Joshua is among a couple of few proclaimed Christian superintendent who seems to be working in the light of the above scriptures by demonstrating the power of God to the bewilderment of many.

Here are some Bible scriptures to help and guide Christians and others who are quick to judge and condemn others.

Ephesians 4:29 (New International Version)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 4:29 (KJV)

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Titus 3:2 (English Standard Version)

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Matthew 7:1-5 (English Standard Version)

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 1:26

(English Standard Version)

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Proverbs 11:12

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Romans 2:1, (New International Version)

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things."

1 Like

Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by DonCandido(f): 4:48am On Jun 14, 2021
DMISS:

The popular global televangelist from Nigeria, Prophet TB Joshua would have been celebrating his 58th birthday on 12 June 2021, if he had not died on Saturday, 6 June 2021.

However, by what could be described as divine Providence during one of his most recent programmes, the globally recognized Prophet, who is well known for his philanthropic ventures, humility, and love for humanity instructed his followers, friends, and well-wishers to pray and reach out to the needy instead of travelling down to Nigeria to celebrate his birthday.

While the world mourns his sudden passage to the great beyond, some religious and traditional leaders have been celebrating the demise of the Prophet.

Some of his critics took to their social media page to call him names while others celebrate his death in their sanctuaries.

While the criticism and celebration of the death of the popular televangelist by the likes of the Ghana Juju priest, Nana Kwaku Bonsam, may be excused because of their understandings is darkened, criticism coming from Christian leaders could be quite disturbing.

These reactions from TB Joshua's critics could apparently imply there is division in the body of Christ.

The Bible did not in any of its books enjoined Christians to rejoice over the death of anyone not to talk of someone professing Christ.

“Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live."

It is not clear where these Christians Leaders, celebrating the passing of TB Joshua got their scriptural backing from.

A Senior Pastor of Divine Mercy Church, Olatobiloba Peters has disclosed that God revealed to him that TB Joshua was not in heaven.

He reportedly said though TB Joshua was a good man and one of the greatest philanthropists of our time, the things of the spirit are different from how many see things.

“God showed me in a revelation at night that Temitope Joshua did not make it to heaven. In that revelation, I saw that he could not make it because the powers he was using were not from God, this is what was revealed to me." Pastor Olatobiloba Peters said

In the same vein, Rev. Chris Okotie, the Senior Pastor of the Household of God Church, took to his Facebook page to celebrate the death of the founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nation's (SCOAN).

"The wizard at Endor who assumed the title Emmanuel has been consumed by divine indignation. And now his disciples bewail his ignominious exit

”Jesus our mighty gladiator has broken the head of the dragon with his mighty blows." Okotie said

Chris Okotie equally took a swipe at Prophet TB Joshua's followers by comparing them with Lucifer's followers.

”No marvel, one-third of God’s angels followed the disgraced anointed cherub Lucifer!!" Chris Okotie added.

Similarly, the Senior Pastor of Christian Life Church, Jackson Senyonga, whose church is located in Kampala, Uganda, described TB Joshua as the “biggest witch in Africa.”

“TB Joshua’s death means victory, he was fake, destroyed lives of thousands, and was the biggest witch in Africa.” He alleged.

Meanwhile, the senior pastor of The Awaiting The Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa has sent a message to the late Prophet TB Joshua's critics.

He equally said that their insinuations and counter-allegations against the late TB Joshua are immaterial as only God can judge him.

“As long as we are still in this sinful world, death is inevitable. Whatever anybody assumes, presumes or insinuates concerning the deceased does not hold water.

“However, Only God has the final word. According to Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 4:4, For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges. Let us examine ourselves to see whether or not we are in the faith,” Pastor Giwa said

From the above scripture, it is clear that the Bible did not instruct Christians to judge others, rather it instructs them to examine themselves.

The Book of James Chapter 4 verses 11-12 equally warns against condemning people.

It equally warned Christians to desist from judging people as God is the only true judge when it comes to spiritual matters and relationship with the supreme being.

"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? (James Chapter 4:11-12).

So, why were these Christian leaders quick to judge Prophet TB Joshua for performing miracles and good works in the name of Jesus Christ?

These Christian leaders believe that such great miracles manifested through the ministry of Prophet TB Joshua were not of God.

But why won't they hid under the guidance of the Bible and allow God to judge him and reward him accordingly by exercising patience until the last day to see and know who is true and who is false?

By their expressed disposition, they are invariably saying there are higher powers that could do such mighty works than the power of God expressed in the Bible.

This could also infer that their Christianity is questionable for doubting such great works as demonstrated by TB Joshua's Ministry.

Recall that in the Book of John Chapter 14 verse 12, Jesus said that his followers are expected to do even much than he did while here on earth.

"Verily Verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do, shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my father." (John 14:2)

How comes only a few tend to be working in this light and why is it difficult for some Christian leaders to accept that it is God that is manifesting His powers through the ones demonstrating signs and wonders?

There is the need to remind such Christians and Christian leaders that true Christianity is in the demonstration of the power of God and not in the eloquence of speech.

When I came to you, brothers, I didn’t come with excellence of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know anything among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.

My speech and my preaching were not in persuasive words of human wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power that your faith wouldn’t stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

It is also pertinent to recall what the Bible says in the Book of Mark 16 vs 17-18

"And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick, they shall recover."

In other words, if a matured Christian, ( that is a General Overseer, a Senior Pastor, a Spiritual Father, etc) is not manifesting the above-mentioned traits in the Book of Mark and Corinthians, it is the Christianity of such superintendent that should be questioned.

Prophet TB Joshua is among a couple of few proclaimed Christian superintendent who seems to be working in the light of the above scriptures by demonstrating the power of God to the bewilderment of many.

Here are some Bible scriptures to help and guide Christians and others who are quick to judge and condemn others.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things."

Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by Stephenomozzy(m): 4:51am On Jun 14, 2021
DonCandido:

And you had to quote the whole thing?

Na wa o. Why
Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by Johnnyessence(m): 4:54am On Jun 14, 2021
DMISS:

you are 100% right sir. Keep on in your post. You are saying it as is it.
Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by DonCandido(f): 4:59am On Jun 14, 2021
Stephenomozzy:

And you had to quote the whole thing?

Na wa o. Why

Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by zoedew: 6:52am On Jun 14, 2021
The premise of your post is faulty. You quoted scriptures out of context so you could misapply them. Temitope Joshua Balogun was not a Christian! He only pretended to be one. He was a charlatan!!!
Re: How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2021
God's own people (true Christians) are unitedly worshiping God globally today. John 17:20-23 compare to Micah 4:1-3 & Zephaniah 3:9

But before then Christianity was polluted by a powerful evil genius called Satan, he arranged for unfaithful individuals and planted them in what Jesus commissioned after the death of the Apostles {Matthew 13:24-25} and this evil weeds contaminated Christianity to a degraded condition throughout the dark ages (200 c.e to 1860 c.e) the true Christians were silenced as they have no option than to continue worshiping under the contaminated form of worship, and there was a lot of strife as the churches continue to break into different sects, with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet all claiming CHRISTIANS so they were referred to as DENOMINATIONS despite the ever growing strife, envy and jealously developing among them leading to oppression and massacre of oppositions since they're attached to Politics.
So when America declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP, there's no room for intimidation or oppression again that's the time an angel blew a trumpet saying come out of Babylon the Great (The empire of false Religion forcefully dominating people) Revelations 18:4
And gradually God's people (true Christians) began forming a global family of peace loving worshipers just as God want it to be {Isaiah 2:2-4} so to distinguish them from confused religionsts still claiming Christians God changed the group name of His global family practicing pure worship and gave them a New name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Isaiah 65:15

So if you want to practice true Christianity go now and search for JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, that's the one and only place where you can find LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating the gathering of imperfect humans due to the presence of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} as for any other people out there what Jesus said is they will continue to break away into fractions and pieces! Luke 11:23

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Re: When A Young Pastor Refuses To Bear Fruits And Fails At Gods Business / Kenneth Copeland Sent His Jet To Afghanistan To Evacuate Christians / Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy To Invent Jesus - Official Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.