Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,478 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users (2006 Views)

2 Methods Of Tracking Or Blocking A Stolen Phone In Nigeria / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking / Google Chrome Will Soon Let You To Permanently Mute Websites That Autoplay Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by SweetBuns(f): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2021
Do you know that data on your internet habits and activities costs big money in the data and analytics market?
Companies spend billions on adverts every financial year, and it’s crucial they spend money on the right data and advert targeting the right demographic (target audience)

What website tracks you?? Do you know them??
Here are mine tho

If you wanna avoid tracking as a whole, make use of DuckDuckGo and Brave Browser

1 Like

Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by S1MP: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2021
Why you wan avoid tracking
You be yahoo yahoo girl?

1 Like

Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by PlayMaker14: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2021
SweetBuns:
Do you know that data on your internet habits and activities costs big money in the data and analytics market?
Companies spend billions on adverts every financial year, and it’s crucial they spend money on the right data and advert targeting the right demographic (target audience)

Here are mine tho

If you wanna avoid tracking as a whole, make use of DuckDuckGo and Brave Browser
Many thanks for sharing this information.

2 Likes

Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Lekan111(m): 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
Free advertisement for those sites
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by KrazyDave16(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
What you going to do about your ISP?

Seeing you're not taking precautions for that...
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by HONESTFACT101(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
SweetBuns:

Here are mine tho

you're a techiewink......signing out✈
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Sanchez01: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
SweetBuns:

Here are mine tho

Tracking isn't just for targeting and retargeting alone.

If you are a blogger or you own a site, perhaps you would have a better understanding of what those cookies and trackers do. Simply put:

1. They help tell the country of a visitor (this eventually help bloggers measure how their websites or blogs perform in certain countries).

2. It also gives an insight into your demographics (gender, age, etc. Note: this is always measured whether or not you use Brave or other concealing browsers. Your device is powered by Google's Android).

3. It helps make site owners serve you better and even enhance your overall browsing experience on such sites.

1 Like

Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:15am On Jun 15, 2021
I don't really understand the hype behind disabling trackers...

Without cookies, you'd have to log in to Nairaland anytime you visit
Cookies help webmasters measure traffic

You're not paying for using Facebook and Google because of adverts, which are made possible though cookies
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Walkee: 12:26am On Jun 15, 2021
S1MP:
Why you wan avoid tracking
You be yahoo yahoo girl?
mumu
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Walkee: 12:28am On Jun 15, 2021
Sanchez01:

If you are a blogger or you own a site, perhaps you would have a better understanding of what those cookies and trackers do. Simply put:

1. They help tell the country of a visitor (this eventually help bloggers measure how their websites or blogs perform in certain countries).

2. It also gives an insight into your demographics (gender, age, etc. Note: this is always measured whether or not you use Brave or other concealing browsers. Your device is powered by Google's Android).

3. It helps make site owners serve you better and even enhance your overall browsing experience on such sites.
serve me better by being a creep obsessed with knowing what I'm thinking so that they can advertise it to me and get paid? Lol you must be a blogger or joker
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:49am On Jun 15, 2021
Walkee:
serve me better by being a creep obsessed with knowing what I'm thinking so that they can advertise it to me and get paid? Lol you must be a blogger or joker

Lol, cookies help your browser store your password so you don't have to log in anytime you visit.
Isn't that serving you better?
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Sanchez01: 6:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Walkee:
How you flaunt your ignorance without knowing what a cookie does is hilarious. Pray tell, what is the value of items/products you've bought since you've been seeing ecommerce ads? Most of you overrate and place too much importance on yourselves. Not like the wealthiest Nigerian has that much Internet spending power but people with lesser are worried about seeing ads and worried about retargetting.

Cookies are the reasons you don't have to enter your password time and again on Facebook, Nairaland, or some other social media/forum platforms when returning.
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Walkee: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2021
Sanchez01:

How you flaunt your ignorance without knowing what a cookie does is hilarious. Pray tell, what is the value of items/products you've bought since you've been seeing ecommerce ads? Most of you overrate and place too much importance on yourselves. Not like the wealthiest Nigerian has that much Internet spending power but people with lesser are worried about seeing ads and worried about retargetting.

Cookies are the reasons you don't have to enter your password time and again on Facebook, Nairaland, or some other social media/forum platforms when returning.
look at this clown. Do you know what I do for a living? I regularly clear my cookies and cache almost every single day. There is no website apart from nairaland that I log in to through web browser. Because you are a loser with no valuable personal data doesn't mean everyone is.
For your information, I don't have a Facebook account. I have no problem logging into Nairaland every time or viewing as guest. What's the difference sef?
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by Walkee: 7:05am On Jun 15, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:

Lol, cookies help your browser store your password so you don't have to log in anytime you visit.
Isn't that serving you better?
apart from nairaland, I don't have any other account I log into through Web browser and I have no problem viewing Nairaland as a guest.
Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by atheistandproud(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sanchez01:

You're absolutely right bro

Re: Websites That Are Fond Of Tracking Their Users by atheistandproud(m): 5:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Sanchez01:

I use it to measure the performance of my blog

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Zero X Pro vs Tecno Phantom X: Full Comparison And Camera Test / I Need Samsung S20 For 130k / My Data Finishes Too Fast. How Do I Fix This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.