Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,235 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Story Of Mr Eke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Story Of Mr Eke (508 Views)

Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo / Story Of Late CAC Founder, Apostle Ayo Babalola From The Book That Reveals His L / Don't Die Without Jesus (The Story Of Mr Jordan, The Good Man That Went To Hell) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Mr Eke by Vocnewsblog(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
On the 6th of June, 2016, about six days ago, I was going through the Guardian Newspaper, when a particular story caught my attention: " Kids made orphan by mother's death, and father's disappearance". As I took my time to go through the pathetic story, I had an urgent feeling of compassion to reach out to the hapless children. However, the story was reported in an impassive manner, just as a mere news item by the newspaper. I immediately contacted the writer of the story, whose phone number was displayed on the newspaper.He gave me the contact details of one Mr. Emma Eke, a distant kinsman of the kid's late mother, who now takes custody of the kids, since the death of their mother, in 2013.
Today, the Project-Help-a-Child team went to Ijegun-Ikotun, to visit the Eke's Family and the "orphaned kids"
The purpose of our visit was to ascertain the authenticity of the story, and to also get a first hand information about the plight of the kids.
The Ekes live at NO. 2 Cooperative Avenue, Off Community Rd, Ijegun-Lagos. We got to their home at amout 11.30am, and we were warmly received by Mr. Eke and his amiable wife. Without wasting time, Mr. Eke gave us a vivid account of the ordeal of the children and how he came about, now taking care of the six kids added to his four biological children. Hear his story:
" My name is Mr. Emma Eke, I hail from Abia state, I am a business man. The late mother of the six kids came from the same village with me. I got to know her from our village meeting in Lagos, even ever before she got married.
She was born in Lagos, because her parent lived in Lagos for a long time before they retired to the village.When she was about to get married, I stood in for her father. She got married to one Mr. Fred Agu about fiftten years ago. They had about four kid, before the husband lost his job.and things became difficult for them
Unknowingly to her, the husband had a lady friend in Badagry who he had a relationship with. One day, the husband went to work and never returned. He had ascond to join his lady friend in Badagry, leaving behind four kids and a heavily pregnant wife. All effort to bring him back prooved abortive.The shock of his sudden disappearance was unbearble to the woman, who was a full time house wife with no personal means of income.
The woman eventually gave birth to a set of twins, making the total number of children six. I had to mobilize some of the family members to support her during those trying times. We even raised some capital for her to start a petty business.
The pain of the husband's disappearance and the burden of raising six kids alone, broke her spirit. She developed high blood pressure and eventually died in 2013.
When she died, I played a prominent role during her burial, and because I was close to her, I immediately took the six children home, thinking that after the burial, we would have a meeting with the family to discuss how to cater for the six children she left behind.
Yes we did have a meeting, but I was shocked, that during the meeting, none of the extened family members showed any commitment to take responsibility for any of the kids. I even called the father of the kids, whose wife died, but when he heard my voice, he immediately drop the call.Ever since, He had not called, not to talk of visiting the kids
So my brothers, I have been stuck with the six kids since four years ago when they lost their mother. The extra burden of caring for them and my four kids is huge. Thank God, I have an understanding wife, who has accomodated them all this years. Right now my business is not doing well, a lot of people are owing me.
I was almost dying in silence, and that was why people advised me to go to the Guardian Newspapers, to use their platform to solicit for support from the public. Perhaps, God will use people to help me relieve this burden.
Oh ! I am so happy you are here today. I thought God had forgotten my case. I had gone to my church for support, but they turned their back on me. I am a Catholic, I went to my parish priest, He could not help me. He even referred me to a bigger parish. After narrating my ordeal, the reply I got was: ' brother Eke, how are you coping'. that was all. No help came from any of my church members.
Some people had even advise me and my wife to take the children to the village and dump them there. But I could not do that because of the love I have for them. I have come to see them as my children. And I love them dearly. If my business were to be doing well, I would have been a able to bear the burden all alone, without crying for help
To tell you the truth my brothers, I have given up hope. I thought God is no longer alive, because all efforts to get support from people have been largely unsuccessful. But with your visit today, God has shown that He is still alive............"
The Project-Help-a-Child team consoledwith the family, gave them a token for food, with the assurance that through our effort, God will raise kind hearted individuals to sponsor the children.

(1) (Reply)

No Man Can Be In Christ Without Keeping His Word / Sack Of Winners Pastors: Can God ‘Uncall’ The ‘Called’? / How We A Turn Into Cat, Lizard, Eat Human Flesh-three Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.