Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities (434 Views)

Violence & Disallowed Goal From Kano Pillars VS Dakkada (The Full Details, Video / CAF Champions League: Akwa Utd, Rivers Utd On The Verge Of Qualification / Kano Pillars Vs Enugu Rangers Ends In Violence (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities by Emelcee: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
AKSG COMMENDS AKWA UNITED FOR AWAY DRAW TO KANO PILLARS, SEEKS INVESTIGATION INTO FANS' HOSTILITIES

Akwa Ibom State Government has commended the management and players of Akwa United Football Club for their zeal, passion and dedication which earned them a hard-fought point, this morning, away to hosts Kano Pillars football club of Kano.

In a statement made available in Uyo, the Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Sir Monday Uko, commended Akwa United for extending their unbeaten run in the ongoing Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) to seventeen matches, a feat never before attained by any football team in the history of league football in the country.

He has subsequently urged the League Management Company (LMC) to investigate reports of the unruly behaviour of home fans who were reported to have encroached on to the pitch and disrupted the match at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna on Sunday, which necessitated the remaining minutes of the match to be concluded the following morning.

With fifty points from twenty-seven matches and eleven matches left before the end of the season, Mr. Uko urged the team to approach each of the remaining matches with renewed energy and enthusiasm so as to ensure that the country's professional league title is won by the state for the first time ever.

The statement condemned the violence that marred the encounter, describing it as unacceptable in football in the 21st century anywhere in the world.

The government wondered why Kano Pillars and their fans defied the directive of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) which directs clubs to execute the remaining matches of the season behind closed doors in line with WHO/NCDC/PTF guidelines for the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 and called for an urgent review of the circumstances which surrounded the impasse.

The government said that Akwa United players exhibited the Dakkada philosophy of the state, through their resilience, hardwork and faith in God, describing them as worthy ambassadors of the state.

"Akwa Ibom people are notably peaceful, hospitable and law-abiding, and I am proud that despite the provocations, my players maintained their calm and resisted the pressure of being betrayed by their emotions".

The Commissioner also commended the centre referee from Lagos State, Adebimpe Quadri, who defied the stampede and made the right calls throughout the match which could only be concluded in two days.

"It is unfortunate that at a time football in other climes is becoming a serious business venture, spinning revenue and economic opportunities, we still have a situation matches are disrupted by home fans who chase the referees and visiting players around the pitch, in order to win at all cost."

He maintained that, "football is one game that always unites Nigerians and should be used to engender unity and love in the country."

Akwa United will next play hosts to Adamawa United behind closed doors at Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, this Saturday, June 19 in a match day twenty-eight fixture of the NPFL.

Source
AKSG COMMENDS AKWA UNITED FOR AWAY DRAW TO KANO PILLARS, SEEKS INVESTIGATION INTO FANS’ HOSTILITIES https://akwaibomdaily.com.ng/aksg-commends-akwa-united-for-away-draw-to-kano-pillars-seeks-investigation-into-fans-hostilities/

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities by lazkizz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
This one weak me a swear....I was born and brought up in Kaduna, but I prefer hearing from does that Go and watch the match than for me to risk my unmarried Life to ABS stadium...

I remembered when Hausa boys stab my neighbor because. he was supporting the away team ....the guy white jersey turns red immediately

Re: Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities by Papparassi: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
The tense encounter for supremacy in the Nigeria top flight was rescheduled after the visitors reportedly walked off the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in protest at the referee's decision to deny a late winner for Pillars, which would have taken them to the top of the table.

Unusually, considering the restriction on fans placed upon NPFL fixtures by the Nigeria Football Federation in order to curb the spread of coronavirus, supporters were in attendance during the contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtV9icisX-8
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities by kenzysmith: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
We have the worst league in world football God forbid the best way to solve the issue let have a south league / eastern league. West league/ northern league who top the league plays in neutral ground Abuja to determining the winner. Make them leave us the youth make we organized our league this wicked old men say no tunubu and uzor say they must rule
Re: Kano Pillars Vs Akwa Utd: Aks Govt. Seeks Investigation Into Fans' Hostilities by pyyxxaro: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
There was a fight between Bendel Insurance fans and NPA Football club of Warri fans

The fight started in Warri stadium, it was a free for all

When NPA FC came to Benin to play return leg , it was suicidal

Trust Benin boys , there use Asbestos tear many people head

E don tay 9ja don cast

(1) (Reply)

Messi To Sign New Five-year Barcelona Contract & Take Incredible 50% Wage Cut / Solskjaer Commits A Sackable Offence. / The Top Performing Players That Played For Man U Vs Liverpool (Don't laugh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.