Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) (333 Views)

Possible Questions From JAMB 2020 Sweet Sixteen Novel / The Summary Of 'Sweet Sixteen' By Bolaji Abdullahi. 2019 JAMB Novel / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
Anyone?
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Jane345(f): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2021
Going Down River Road by Meja Nwangi.Goddd, I can't forget this novel.fell in love with it after presenting as part of my seminar.Read like a million times already.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Jane345:
Going Down River Road by Meja Nwangi.Goddd, I can't forget this novel.fell in love with it after presenting as part of my seminar.Read like a million times already.

Nice, where is the author from, and what is the novel all about?
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Half of a yellow sun: was 80% factual about the 1967 Nigeria civil war

Purple hibiscus: love, family relationship and sacrifice that made me cry.

Our husband has gone mad again: I will read this Ola Rotimi piece over and over again... I always laugh aloud while reading this book.

Lion and the jewel: Tho I must confess this book is a bit overhyped but nevertheless it's rich with african proverbs and a lot of morals.

The Blinkard: A ghana comedy also...very funny.

The joy of motherhood: A book written about the pain and joy of women in marriage especially Nigerian women.

But sincerely I live Ola Rotimi works a lot better.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2021
Doradorwa:
Half of a yellow sun: was 80% factual about the 1967 Nigeria civil war

Purple hibiscus: love, family relationship and sacrifice that made me cry.

Our husband has gone mad again: I will read this Ola Rotimi piece over and over again... I always laugh aloud while reading this book.

Lion and the jewel: Tho I must confess this book is a bit overhyped but nevertheless it's rich with african proverbs and a lot of morals.

The Blinkard: A ghana comedy also...very funny.

The joy of motherhood: A book written about the pain and joy of women in marriage especially Nigerian women.

But sincerely I live Ola Rotimi works a lot better.

Lovely, I have read almost all of chimamanda's works, she writes so well, she comes second only to China Achebe. I like Ola Rotimis work too especially "our husband has gone mad again"
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
white3663:

Lovely, I have read almost all of chimamanda's works, she writes so well, she comes second only to China Achebe. I like Ola Rotimis work too especially "our husband has gone mad again"
lol... Ola Rotimi is a badass. He always find ways to relieve tension in his books and at the same time passing his message. Chiamada works are lovely... They are history fill. Unfortunately I've only read 2 of Achebe's work( Things fall apart and The trouble with Nigeria). I'm a student of Political science so I read less of Africa piece for some reasons known to me..... A very nice thread you have here tho

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Doradorwa:
lol... Ola Rotimi is a badass. He always find ways to relieve tension in his books and at the same time passing his message. Chiamada works are lovely... They are history fill. Unfortunately I've only read 2 of Achebe's work( Things fall apart and The trouble with Nigeria). I'm a student of Political science so I read less of Africa piece for some reasons known to me..... A very nice thread you have here tho

Thanks for your input , I'm also a political scientist by the way 300 level
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
white3663:

Thanks for your input , I'm also a political scientist by the way 300 level
That's lovely... I'm also in 300lv

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
Doradorwa:
That's lovely... I'm also in 300lv

Cool, would you mind quoting me your WhatsApp number on a dead thread , I would like to be acquainted
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2021
white3663:

Cool, would you mind quoting me your WhatsApp number on a dead thread , I would like to be acquainted
I wouldn't mind sir...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Doradorwa:
I wouldn't mind sir...

Cool
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by LordJoffrey(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
My best novel is still Purple Hibiscus. There's something about that book that just sucks you into its world of fantasy. I've read it so many times and I'll probably still keep on reading it.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by white3663: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
LordJoffrey:
My best novel is still Purple Hibiscus. There's something about that book that just sucks you into its world of fantasy. I've read it so many times and I'll probably still keep on reading it.

You just have to give it to chimamanda, she is outstanding.

I'm sure I have read purple hibiscus more than 3 times
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2021
GAYbriel, your leaking bumbum is cancelled cheesy

Doradorwa:
I wouldn't mind sir...
Re: What's Your Favorite African Novel(s) by Jane345(f): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2021
white3663:

Nice, where is the author from, and what is the novel all about?
i think Kenya.its about colonialism.the whites oppressing black kenyans.giving them menial works to do.very funny and educative.

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigerian Student Emerges World’s Brightest /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.