Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? (507 Views)

The Changing Story In Cameroun: Can Nigeria Learn Anything From It? / 5 Lessons Nigerians Should Learn From The Ekiti Governorship Election For 2019 / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2021
We can learn that it’s possible for a serious communist government to develop a country against all odds.

China today in terms of infrastructure is second to none, even the United States in playing catch up. Communism is bad but not the development-inclined communist government like in China. Even United States is emulating china’s infrastructural strides.

Looking at transport and roads in particular, there’s no competition - China is way ahead. Perhaps if the USA gets these hyperloop things going, then the USA will leapfrog China…though that would likely happen the other way again soon after…that’s progress smiley

In terms of computer networking, China is also ahead, imo. This is due to the central government having the power to enforce installation of fibre optics along with all new roads.

Actually, IMO, a lot of the advantages of China over the USA are due to the power of the central government, and also the stability that comes from not flip-flopping policies every few years due to the votes of the public who essentially don’t know any better and are motivated by self-interest.

These communist government consistently grew their economy and now they are a threat to the whole G7 countries. It doesn’t even look like they are stoping, they have gone ahead in installing hegemony over various African, Asian and European countries economically. They have stakes all over in terms of loans and assets. They achieved this even with all the western media outlet propaganda. More than 50% of whatever electronic device used in U.S is built in China. Funny grin

All these are unbelievable achievements for a communist country and put all the biggest democracies to shame. My opinion is there are a lot of things we can learn from China as how the government treated her citizens by creating better living environment.

They have a plan and they are executing it, serious government they have.
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by vedaxcool(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Interesting read. Democracy makes decision making more difficult thus preventing rapid progress and in some case preventing progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by omonnakoda: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Patience and long term vision

Avoid religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2021
vedaxcool:
Interesting read. Democracy makes decision making more difficult thus preventing rapid progress and in some case preventing progress.
Very true. Democracy is bad for a country like Nigeria where people don’t even know what they want and abuse every privilege. It has not been working obviously.
Nigerians need a focused communist government that can tame everyone, set long term goals and achieve them. Democracy has its disadvantages and we are seeing a lot of it from this part of the world.

If you visit any Chinese city, you won’t believe your eyes, they are in the future. In terms of infrastructure, New York can’t even stand Shanghai, this wasn’t the case 30years ago. This was done by a communist government that tamed and controlled the excess of the people over time to achieve the results.

They identified that religion is also dangerous to their set goals hence fought it all through till date.

The Chinese government’s objective is simple “ we are becoming world power whether or not the western world likes it. We will do whatever it takes to achieve that”
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2021
As you have pointed out China is developing and a world power.I love the fact that they are investing in the right areas and looking internally to develop themselves.

I also like the fact that they are not to into religion.

However I don't like that they are not a democracy as far as I am concerned democracy remains the best form of government for now.I hate what China is doing to the Uyghurs and Hong Kong democracy protesters.

I hate communism and the fact that China commits some certain atrocities and oppression it is not a nation I admire or can live in.

Your points are valid and I share your sentiments but disagree on your view of democracy.

I will prefer the western world remaining a world power to China even though they are getting there

1 Like

Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
omonnakoda:
Patience and long term vision

Avoid religion
They fought religion to the fullest. They identified that it was going to create needless uprising and confusing. They invested big time in science, they didn’t allow religion because it was going to drag scientific advances.

I visited China and an average Chinese see other parts of the world as a little more scientifically illiterate than them. Topic like theory of evolution is not even a debate in China unlike other parts of the world.

Little wonder they dwarf other parts of the world every year in science and mathematics quizzes. The investment and meticulousness of the their communist government has brought them this far.
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
As you have pointed out China is developing and a world power.I love the fact that they are investing in the right areas and looking internally to develop themselves.

I also like the fact that they are not to into religion.

However I don't like that they are not a democracy as far as I am concerned democracy remains the best form of government for now.I hate what China is doing to the Uyghurs and Hong Kong democracy protesters.

I hate communism and the fact that China commits some certain atrocities and oppression it is not a nation I admire or can live in.

Your points are valid and I share your sentiments but disagree on your view of democracy.

I will prefer the western world remaining a world power to China even though they are getting there
You seem not to understand that the western world commits more atrocities and then play the victim because they know how to control the media.

China didn’t colonize any African country and sell Africans as slaves, the west did it. But today, the west is still enslaving Africa economically while China is the one giving us loan upandan. But then, they still want everyone to think China is the bad guy.
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
Workch:
You seem not to understand that the western world commits more atrocities and then play the victim because they know how to control the media.

China didn’t colonize any African country and sell Africans as slaves, the west did it. But today, the west is still enslaving Africa economically while China is the one giving us loan upandan. But then, they still want everyone to think China is the bad guy.

I know they committed atrocities even the media you claim they control cannot distort history backed by facts.

Also China is colonising Africa as we speak that is why Europe is doubling their efforts to take on China's influence in Africa.Biden even mentioned it in G7 to tackle China.

At least the West commits atrocities accepts it mistakes and atone for it by aid.What China is doing to Taiwan and Hong Kong can even be likened to colonialism too.

Anyway maybe it is because I have been exposed to some level of freedom made possible by democracy that makes me not to admire China because I value and love my freedom.I can happily live in the west than live in China or North Korea where everyone is a programmed robot and dissidents are not allowed same cannot be said of the West.

I like my liberty something China can never give me and government thinks it is okay to control my life.Hell no,you wonder why young people in Hong Kong are fighting for democracy there because they prefer it to what they have there currently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by HONESTFACT101(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
atheist thread......leaves thread✈
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

I know they committed atrocities even the media you claim they control cannot distort history backed by facts.

Also China is colonising Africa as we speak that is why Europe is doubling their efforts to take on China's influence in Africa.Biden even mentioned it in G7 to tackle China.

At least the West commits atrocities accepts it mistakes and atone for it by aid.What China is doing to Taiwan and Hong Kong can even be likened to colonialism too.

Anyway maybe it is because I have been exposed to some level of freedom made possible by democracy that makes me not to admire China because I value and love my freedom.I can happily live in the west than live in China or North Korea where everyone is a programmed robot and dissidents are not allowed same cannot be said of the West.

I like my liberty something China can never give me anfd government thinks it is okay to control my life.Hell no,you wonder why young people in Hong Kong are fighting for democracy there because they prefer it to what they have there currently.
I think you should go and read the history of Taiwan and Honk Kong very well, it’s the west that are distorting the history and trying to weaken China by interfering in its affairs. Honk Kong and Taiwan has always been part of greater China.

It’s just like what we have in Nigeria, the government tried over the years to limit Igbos to only southeast by distorting history and causing a division between the Igbos in south south and southeast. The same thing is playing out in Taiwan and Honk Kong, you expect China to sit back and watch the west peddle a propaganda that causes division?
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
Workch:
I think you should go and read the history of Taiwan and Honk Kong very well, it’s the west that are distorting the history and trying to weaken China by inferring in its affairs. Honk Kong and Taiwan has always been part of greater China.

It’s just like what we have in Nigeria, the government tried over the years to limit Igbos to only southeast by distorting history and causing a division between the Igbos in south south and southeast. The same thing is playing out in Taiwan and Honk Kong, you expect China to sit back as watch the west peddle a propaganda that causes division?

I don't think it is the west paying or telling them to want democracy.It is what they want.

You keep talking about western propaganda is China itself not also into propaganda by distorting facts and refusing to accept that it is commuting crimes against the Uyghurs?

A nation that has a state sanctioned media and social media such nation is the number one marketer of propaganda.
Nah there is nothing to admire there in terms of their way of life and how government controls them that is an overreach even some of them with the finances go to the west to gather kids.

I can admire how they have become great but I cannot admire their style of governance or think it is something Nigeria should emulate.

Since the people of Taiwan and Hong Kong don't want that they shouldn't be forced.Imprisoning protesters and using force on them which we see happening to democracy advocates in Hong Kong is no propaganda and has no justification in 2021.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Workch: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

I don't think it is the west paying or telling them to want democracy.It is what they want.

You keep talking about western propaganda is China itself not also into propaganda by distorting facts and refusing to accept that it is commuting crimes against the Uyghurs?

A nation that has a state sanctioned media and social media such nation is the number one marketer of propaganda.
Nah there is nothing to admire there in terms of their way of life and how government controls them that is an overreach even some of them with the finances go to the west to gather kids.

I can admire how they have become great but I cannot admire their style of governance or think it is something Nigeria should emulate.

Since the people of Taiwan and Hong Kong don't want that they shouldn't be forced.Imprisoning protesters and using force on them which we see happening to democracy advocates in Hong Kong is no propaganda and has no justification in 2021.
You have to understand that the west forced democracy as a standard, you also have to realize that democracy Isn’t the absolute standard because the west installed it. Democracy has a lot of disadvantages as well.

Communism is working for China, at the end of the day they are making life better for their citizens. All indications points to the fact that they are even leaving the so called big democracies behind.

I wouldn’t mind a development-inclined communist government instead of a hypocritical democracy. We practice the latter in Nigeria.

I won’t also allow Hong Kong and Taiwan go if I were China, it’s same exact thing Nigeria is doing to southeast and we are practicing democracy.
Re: What Can Nigeria And The World Learn From China? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Workch:
You have to understand that the west forced democracy as a standard, you also have to realize that democracy Isn’t the absolute standard because the west installed it. Democracy has a lot of disadvantages as well.

Communism is working for China, at the end of the day they are making life better for their citizens. All indications points to the fact that they are even leaving the so called big democracies behind.

I wouldn’t mind a development-inclined communist government instead of a hypocritical democracy. We practice the latter in Nigeria.

I won’t also allow Hong Kong and Taiwan go if I were China, it’s same exact thing Nigeria is doing to southeast and we are practicing democracy.
It is because I didn't grow up in China or have never been there so I can't see it the way you do.

There are different forms of government and from my own understanding democracy remains the best.over time humans have adopted one form of government or another maybe when another better one comes up we abandon democracy but as for now I cannot in my right senses abandon democracy for communism.
It may be working for them but since I have been exposed to democracy most importantly liberty and freedom hell no I choose communism over democracy.

Also communism cannot work in Nigeria as well it will be more pathetic than the pseudo democracy we practice here.That is my opinion.

As for referencing Nigeria in a democratic system and in a country where secession and referendum is an option via the constitution that will not be a problem but I will reference how other nations broke out from one another.Take for instance senegambia Senegal and Gambia are now on their own and some nations in Europe or how the Soviet union broke what about North and South Korea the South is better for it today,even Vietnam as well.If a union is not working and there is constitutional provisions for such referendum the people should decide.

In Scotland there are calls for Scottish independence I see no reason why people should be forced into a union they don't want..
In the USA states voluntarily entered the union making it 50 states and can leave as well.

This is why democracy remains the best what China is doing is oppression and people shouldn't be forced into what they don't want.It was humans that made them greater China not God so the same humans can wake up tomorrow and say it is over.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Land Recovery Order For Herders Is Being Debated By 17 Southern Governo / The Aare Onakakanfo Leaving The Church Premises Of Late Prophet TB Joshua / Mandela pleaded guilty to a 1983 Church car bomb that killed over 19 people.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.