Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

No Suffering, No Glory! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Suffering, No Glory! (215 Views)

No Christ, No Glory. / No Pain,no Gain,no Glory. V.L 1 / No Pain,no Gain,no Glory. V.L 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Suffering, No Glory! by topshore(f): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
Scripture Text: Romans 8:17

Today’s Scripture text explicitly tells us that the only way we can share in Christ’s glory is to share in His suffering. Hence, suffering in this context is not the worldly one but suffering with Christ.

What does it mean to share in Christ’s suffering?

In John 16:13, Jesus made it clear that in this world, we will experience some troubles in one way or the other but also assured us that we should be of comfort because He has overcome this same world for us. This means that no matter who you are or what ethnicity you come from, everyone in this world will face one challenge or another. However, not everyone will share in Christ’s suffering.

Sharing in Christ’s suffering gives us hope because this world is not the end (you suffer with Him in the world but enjoy with Him in glory in Heaven). But for someone who does not share in Christ’s suffering does not have any hope because when they leave this world, they become separated from God eternally and will have no chance to share in Christ’s glory (you suffer yourself on earth and suffer in afterlife). So, there is a significant difference in worldly suffering and Christ’s suffering.

Since Christ’s suffering itself is not in vain (I.e., the plan and purpose were to bring redemption to the world by atoning for people’s sins, for God himself had to come to earth and offer Himself as a perfect sacrifice for all our sins – past, present, and future), there is a great assurance that He makes all our sufferings good and “all things work together for good, for those who believe God and are called according to His purpose”(Romans 8:28).

How then do we share in Christ’s suffering?

We share in Christ’s suffering:

When we face persecution because we are doing the right thing or being right with Christ. Sometimes, when believers put their faith into action the unbelievers around them will think they have run mad. Of course, it is not madness, there is a greater one in us than who is in them. Not caring what the world says, not caring what the world does, but considering their foolishness completely lost to us that we may know Christ and understand the righteousness we have as his children should always be our goals.

When we suffer for sharing the Good News of our Lord Jesus. In the Bible, Christ Jesus tells us that “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." (John 15:18-19). Jesus suffered persecution at the hands of man as well. This happened not only because he was different but because it was evident that he spoke on behalf of God. He was the light of the world, and the darkness could not comprehend Him, so they tried to destroy Him but failed. Also, Apostle Paul (being a first-hand person who experienced a strong persecution) made us understand that he faced death every day because of Christ and was considered as sheep to be slaughtered (Romans 8:37). But he admonished us that we should press on for the glory we will enjoy is far greater than the persecution we suffer. He was convinced that “yeah in all these, we are more than a conqueror” (Romans 8:37)

When we suffer in the hands of unbelievers because we are children of God. Peter said, "if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name" (I Peter 4: 16).

When we suffer any loss because of Christ. Apostle Paul said, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith" (Philippians 3:7-9).

When we suffer with Christ, there are so many benefits:

We reign with Him in God’s Kingdom to share and enjoy in His glory forever

We see the magnitude of Jesus in our lives.

Therefore, beloved for you to have the opportunity to share in His suffering and glory, you need to give your life to Christ. Sinners only suffer for themselves and eventually suffer in eternal life. So, it is better to repent now and suffer for Christ so that you can enjoy with Him at last.

If you want to give your life to Christ now, just say this:

Lord Jesus, I come to you today. I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I accept you into my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Forgive me and change my world. I say good-bye to the devil. I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Your name I pray, amen.

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Leaves Hospital After Operation / Holy Sexual Immorality! / (Download) KOINONIA ABUJA MIRACLE SERVICE August 2021 with Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.