Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country (16527 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture / Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by TheRareGem1(f): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria needs more leaders who are proactive and prepared to bring the country together.

He said this in Lagos on Sunday during a courtesy visit to the palace of Oniru of Iruland, Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal, on the occasion of the monarch’s first coronation anniversary.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, revealed this via a statement titled, ‘Nigeria needs leaders prepared to unite Nigerians, Osinbajo says at Oniru’s One Year Coronation Anniversary’.

While extolling the Oba for his leadership to the inhabitants of Iruland who hail from diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds, Osinbajo said, “Our country needs all the leaders, the best leaders, the most proactive leaders, leaders prepared to bring the country together.

“Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria, everybody is here, if things work out well here, things will be okay in the country.

“I am sure your role here is that of someone who brings together communities not just Yorubas, but everybody. And I can see that from your choice of chiefs, you have gone to other parts, and I think this is the attitude of great leaders.”

The Vice President added that it is impossible to relegate traditional rulers because of the exposure and education of those who occupy those positions today.

In his remarks, the Oniru of Iruland thanked the Vice President for his leadership and commitment to the progress of the country.

“You are a leader whose direction we will continue to follow. The relationship between the Vice President and I has been very cordial.

“I want to assure you, Mr. Vice President, that I will not disappoint you, I will ensure the progress of this kingdom and I will be just.”

https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-leaders-who-will-unite-country-says-osinbajo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1623699824

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by TheRareGem1(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
Exactly what we need, we need leaders like Osinbajo, sentiment aside, there are challenges in the land, we can't afford looters as leaders anymore, we need leaders that can unify the country not those who will recruits thugs to be terrorising the people and causing unrest in the land

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Oxb90: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
Tell that to your boss, Mr. VP. Everything is politics in this country. How can people lose their lives every day and you guys go to bed every night as if all is well? No nation loses its citizen like this every day without the political class coming out to profer a lasting solution in a way that would be fair to all parties. If person talk now them go say na pdp, ipob, afonja etc.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by maybanks: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
In Nigeria of Today, Osinbajo still remains a unifying figure and a beacon of Hope

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Lifted2000: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
A great reminder to elites and citizens in the society. Everyone should take responsibility for leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2021
And Buhari is doing the exact opposite. Bigotry, tribalism, ethnic bias is prevalent under him. He divides the country on a daily basis. IPOB too added their own, killing up and down and shameless human beings online defend them when it is crystal clear that they're the UGM. In this country, God will not spare anyone from judgement.

When Obasanjo was president, he didn't do anything in Yoruba land simply because he didn't want to be seen as being biased. Now a Fulani man is president and openly supports herdsmen clashing and killing farmers because of the archaic open grazing. He went to do a rail project in Niger Republic because his first cousins are there... Can u imagine.

I hope one day, the Niger Delta oil that is responsible for our fake unity dries off, so that everyone will have sense.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Luckydubby7(m): 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by valarmorghulis: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
I just dey pity this man, this man could have achieved a lot for Buhari's govt but...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
valarmorghulis:
I just dey pity this man, this man could have achieved a lot for Buhari's govt but...

Buhari's cabal won't allow him breathe. They are too threatened by his intelligence to allow for delegation of authority even when Buhari is clearly incapable of leading Africa's most populous country... and their thoughts are about him taking over presidency.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Jhayphil: 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unity is all that is needed in Nigeria to make progress faster. Also, traditional rulers are very important in communities as they wield high influence and are highly respected.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Joylove2324(f): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
I sincely agree with the Vice President that it is impossible to relegate traditional rulers because of the exposure and education of those who occupy those positions today. Nice one prof

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by demitola(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ohaneze Ndi'gbo\Afenifere in the mud! Make country catch fire, make he divide, na there you go find them
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Dobb: 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2021
We need leaders who will push for the peace and unity and not leaders who will try to push for ethnic or religious divide. The country is already tense. Leaders need to be very sensitive and careful at this period.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Peappy49(f): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
We don't need leaders who will divide us. We don't need leaders that will loot the money, we need leaders that promotes Peace and unity in this country
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Temmy1997(f): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
The Vice President is correct and I think he is the right person that can unite this nation if given opportunity to rule us for just a second we will definitely see changes.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Davidic419: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
He talks about this a the time and it's what we also know. We don't need selfish leaders. We need leaders who can afford to sacrifice so much in other for us to be unified. We are better together like the vice president once said. It will be massively difficult and unfortunate if we try to divide.
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Deputy1111(m): 9:54pm On Jun 14, 2021
Nigeria need such a leader especially in a critical situation like the one Nigeria is now. A leader that has vision. Osinbajo will fit for the post.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Thormiwah(m): 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2021
You are a leader whose path we will always follow just like the monarch described you, a leader who has vision for this country, a leader of class and act

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by abel619: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
I trust Osinbajo and his words, this man is the first politicians I've ever taken his words serious because I can see the true and genuine urge to serve and please citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Deputy1111(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
Osinbajo is a man of peace and unity.
We are great and stronger together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Yellowface1220(m): 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
A leader like Osinbajo is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by OC831: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2021
The absolute truth. This man has preached unity more times than some people in this comment section have had their bath in a while yet all they have to spew to him is hate. Not all of us want secession, we just want things to be okay - together ❤️
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by DameAnnah(f): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
This is the absolute truth, and that is what we see our leader, Vice President Osinbajo, doing now.

We need more of him in the system, as Nigeria has been deprived of exemplary leadership for long. Things have started changing though, but it must be sustained.

That is what the VP is saying and we need to support him in this regard.

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Maxymilliano(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
This man is not elected to be a motivational speaker and for him to admit indirectly that the present leader is not uniting Nigeria is enough for the country to return back to PDP because they tried to unite and bring the country together as one.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Lifted2000: 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2021
His Royal Majesty, Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal to Vice President Osinbajo.

“I want to assure you, Mr Vice President that I will not disappoint you, I will ensure the progress of this kingdom and I will be just.”

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by brightsbella(m): 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
We still have hope in this government and that hope is Osinbajo. ❤️

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Generalnomercy: 10:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that Nigeria needs more leaders who are proactive and prepared to bring the country together.

He said this in Lagos on Sunday during a courtesy visit to the palace of Oniru of Iruland, Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal, on the occasion of the monarch’s first coronation anniversary.

Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, revealed this via a statement titled, ‘Nigeria needs leaders prepared to unite Nigerians, Osinbajo says at Oniru’s One Year Coronation Anniversary’.

While extolling the Oba for his leadership to the inhabitants of Iruland who hail from diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds, Osinbajo said, “Our country needs all the leaders, the best leaders, the most proactive leaders, leaders prepared to bring the country together.

“Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria, everybody is here, if things work out well here, things will be okay in the country.

“I am sure your role here is that of someone who brings together communities not just Yorubas, but everybody. And I can see that from your choice of chiefs, you have gone to other parts, and I think this is the attitude of great leaders.”

The Vice President added that it is impossible to relegate traditional rulers because of the exposure and education of those who occupy those positions today.

In his remarks, the Oniru of Iruland thanked the Vice President for his leadership and commitment to the progress of the country.

“You are a leader whose direction we will continue to follow. The relationship between the Vice President and I has been very cordial.

“I want to assure you, Mr. Vice President, that I will not disappoint you, I will ensure the progress of this kingdom and I will be just.”

https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-leaders-who-will-unite-country-says-osinbajo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1623699824

This idiotically idiot talking as of he can.

Useless man has forgotten so soon how he was abusing Goodluck Jonathan just to look good before his terrorist masters. Now he's preaching unity.

Oga go and appease the gods you offended first.

Fake pastor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by fitzmayowa: 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
Taking a shot at his oga, 2023 is shaping little by little...
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Laghondi2008: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
You just hit the head of the nail Sir, yes sure we are looking for leaders just like VP Osinbajo. Dedicated and hard working
Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by Lifted2000: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2021
The statement is specific, understanding is an uphill task for you.

Read through the
link https://www.yemiosinbajo.ng/nigeria-needs-leaders-prepared-to-unite-nigerians-osinbajo-says-at-onirus-one-year-coronation-anniversary/
Maxymilliano:
This man is not elected to be a motivational speaker and for him to admit indirectly that the present leader is not uniting Nigeria is enough for the country to return back to PDP because they tried to unite and bring the country together as one.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by TeeMoney99: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2021
Unity is what we need now not division and all leaders need to speak up

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country by OgundeleTeju: 10:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
We all need leaders not looters,well said by the Vp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Grants Automatic Employment To Kogi Best Graduating Students / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Numan Adamawa Killings By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen / Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.