Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. (661 Views)

Reno Omokri Reports Obi And Baba-Ahmed To UK, US And EU On LGBTQ Statement / Twitter Ban: The Position Of House Of Representatives - Femi Gbajabiamila / Buhari Arrives Togo Ahead Of ECOWAS-ECCAS Summit(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2021
First of all, i am not in support of the ban on twitter but since the ban took place, i have realised the hypocrisy of the west.
They are now acting very concerned but where was the West when Boko haram came?
Where was the West when chibog girls were kidnapped?
Where was the West when Ebola came to Africa?
But since it involves a business that concerns them, since it involves a platform they can control and push their agenda, they are now acting as if they care.

And who the hell is ECOWAS to summon the president of Nigeria?
Who the hell are EU or UN or USA to dictate to the government of Nigeria on which social media to ban?
What did they do to China after they ban Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Instagram?

How many people summoned them?

Nigeria is a sovereign state and have the right to determine which social media to use.
What did they say about India that wanted to ban Twitter?
Didn't they respect the wishes of the India government?

The ban was unnecessary but let us call a spade, a spade.

Is the tweet of the president of Nigeria the only bad tweet made by any head of State on twitter?
There are more dangerous tweets made by many head of states and people in government even in USA and yet Twitter did not delete them.

I don't like the way the current administration are running the affairs of the country but ECOWAS, USA, UN and EU has no right to tell our government which social media to allow.

This is just my humble opinion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by Coldshisha: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2021
cool

When Chibok girls got kidnapped US and UK offered assistance which Jonathan rejected, they even gave real time Satellite imagery days after

On Boko Haram, all weapons we fight with comes from them, they make donations through many NGOs

US and UK barely commented on free speech and equal access of everyone to social media, they never sanctioned Nigeria because of twitter, they didn't even help Nigerians ISP bypass the twitter block

And believe it or not if America doesn't want the twitter ban they can use their IPV6 to unban the ISP and Buhari can't do a single thing

Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by matrixmuzi: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2021
CardiNice:
First of all, i am not in support of the ban on twitter but since the ban took place, i have realised the hypocrisy of the west.
But since it involves a business that concerns them, since it involves a platform they can control and push their agenda, they are now acting as if they care.

Who the hell are EU or UN or USA to dictate to the government of Nigeria on which social media to ban?

Nigeria is a sovereign state and have the right to determine which social media to use.

Is the tweet of the president of Nigeria the only bad tweet made by any head of State on twitter?
There are more dangerous tweets made by many head of states and people in government even in USA and yet Twitter did not delete them.

I don't like the way the current administration are running the affairs of the country but ECOWAS, USA, UN and EU has no right to tell our government which social media to allow.

Then tell ur half ape of a president to stop asking the west for loan or bail out funds then they will leave him alone
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by Chidexter(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2021
No just bring that leg.
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by longetivity(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2021
Another zombie
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by tutudesz: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

When Chibok girls got kidnapped US and UK offered assistance which Jonathan rejected, they even gave real time Satellite imagery days after

On Boko Haram, all weapons we fight with comes from them, they make donations through many NGOs

US and UK barely commented on free speech and equal access of everyone to social media, they never sanctioned Nigeria because of twitter, they didn't even help Nigerians ISP bypass the twitter block

And believe it or not if America doesn't want the twitter ban they can use their IPV6 to unban the ISP and Buhari can't do a single thing

Weapon used in fighting BK were bought from China and Russia, US donated 10 MRAP and gave premission to buy Super Tucano.
US will never unbanned Twitter, because that will involve hacking network provider systems.
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by BabaOneChance: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
[s]
Coldshisha:
cool

[/s]
We know you're doing this for Nairaland "likes". Not that it came from your Buhari infected mind.
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by FoolishBoy419: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
You even have their time. Same people that supported bombing of media houses and arrest of activists in Gaza now want to lecture Nigeria on human rights. I just hope we strengthen our relationship with China so that we can be giving them proper middle fingers

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by blasterman(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
CardiNice:

U want them to send soldiers to help with their tax payers money shey

Send other people children to help nigeria fight islamic fundamentalist that northern nigeria created.

nigerias problem is nigeria own doing
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by meccuno: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
[s]
CardiNice:

[/s] Rubbish
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by MalcoImX: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
FoolishBoy419:
You even have their time. Same people that supported bombing of media houses and arrest of activists in Gaza now want to lecture Nigeria on human rights. I just hope we strengthen our relationship with China so that we can be giving them proper middle fingers
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by Mangekyo: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
You're very right, Abōki man.
Who the hell are the US, UK and Ecowas.
You might as well cut all the ties you have with them if you knw you won't harken to their advices.
Don't buy arms from them, don't engage in business with them nd that includes crude oil, and lastly, don't seek for their help when you need one. Then, they will never have a say in your so called sovereign country, just like China.
Re: Twitter Ban. The Hypocrisy Of ECOWAS, USA And EU. by rottennaija(m): 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
A United Africa is a threat to the western world. Those guys are interested in seeing Africa in a destabilise state.

(1) (Reply)

Jagaban. / DSS Parades 12 Allies Of Sunday Igboho Arrested In Night Raid, As Igboho Escapes / Meet Wiseman Daniel That May Take Over TB JOSHUA'S Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.