Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Science and Religion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Science and Religion (395 Views)

What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / College Of Health Science And Technology Nguru Yobe State / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology , Su Denounces Hike In Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Science and Religion by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet:

Science speaks, record or document what we have seen (observed) happened over-and-over again in the real-world.

Whereas,

Religion on the other hand speaks, record or document people's thoughts, feeling or emotions about the real-world.

So, in essence, science tells us what the world is like when we looked, but religion is about what they think the world should/shouldn't be like.

Here's example:

Religion: There's God.

Science: You don't know that because we lacked a concrete proof at presence.

Religion: You're not serious, the proof is us! - something must create something.

Science: Yea - base on our common experience, but if we may ask: who created God?

Religion: God was never created or s/he created itself.

Science: So, we can as well say that the Cosmos can create itself?

Religion: No! You can't because the Cosmos is Not God, but was created by God.

Science: Serious?, why invoked the 'special plead' for God ONLY?

Religion: Because it's God. Can you tell us what consciousness is or where you are when you fall asleep? These are things that science cannot explained, so they are the workings and proof of God existence.

Science: Now you are also taking gaps in scientific theories as proof for a God existence?

Religion: Of course! How else can you explain that.

Science: We are not sure. Yes, we admit that there are stuffs about the Cosmos that we cannot explain at presence, still there's no sign of a God everywhere we've looked.

Also remember that science is a process, you can remember that they were stuffs in the past we couldn't explained but we have explanation for them now (e.g day/night, rainfall, lightening...), so maybe someday we might be able to explain consciousness and all the rest that are currently unexplained now like gravity.

Religion: Unless God gives you the power, you would not!

Science: Hmmm

Religion: Better repent ASAP and follow the ways of the Lord (Christians will add: before the sound of the trumpet).

Science:

Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I am sure you have the Bible in mind, therefore, is the Bible not records about "what we have seen" exactly as the science textbooks?

And are science texts not about people's thoughts, feelings and emotions about the real world?

So in Truth, you science tells us what it sees while the Bible told us how all we see began.

In law we would have shouted objection to science's answer! Why?

Because science can not rightly and validly say "You don't know that"! Why?

Because, science is not my eyes, nose, senses and all. It did not see what I see and can not do so.

So science's first foundational answer here has is already bad and therefore the remainder of its building on it falls down.

Might be back, let me do some work.

Oh! Now you think Religion is doing the same thing as Science, but just a bit differently, right?

Let's assumed for a moment that you're right. But science has something called empericism (which is analogous to Evidence Act in Law - a decipline you mentioned previously) and a laboratory such that, those thing we have observed about the world can easily be reproduced (replay) for anyone direct experience.

For example, if you want to be sure whether the Earth "as-a-whole" is round Not flat as most religious/some people in general thought in the past. All you have to do is travel to Russia and buy at ROSCOMOS, Soyruz tickets for the ISS (too and from is $128m) - it can be sold to anyone who wants to experience science firsthand and who can afford the transportation cost, which also covers feeding.

For more than 10 years now since the US (NASA) retired the space shuttle, Russia has been the only superpower capable of such feat, as their space shuttle outlived those of the US in many year after the Cold War, until SpaceX came along about a year ago, but I don't think they offered that provision (civilian trip to the ISS), so Russia is where to go, besides, the ISS was their (ROSCOSMOS) conception before the US (NASA) and others came along.

Where can I go to witness your record regarding resurrection for example?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Nope! Everything sphere and subject has got its place and purpose and yet they are all connected having Similarities.

I am right!

Simple, why you have to go to Russia with so much cost and suffering just to witness something, I would prove the flatness of the earth but simply placing a smooth ball on the ground, if it stays in place, that is the proof of flat, if it rolls non-stop, then that is the proof of round or oblong.

Alas after the experiment, balls, tyres and rollers stay in their inertias. Proof of Flat!.

But i love being balanced and giving balanced Truth full opinions to the best of my knowledge, so I further say, that when I fly and look out the window, I do observe that earth from above the ground does look "Ball like" therefore round.

Thus, there are 2 Truths:
1) the earth is flat and undulating if viewed from the ground as the Bible reported

2) it is round and ball like when viewed from great heights above ground with such view being unachievable during biblical times.

So there is really no issue on these things.

And your new found road for attacking God Worship has been done and abandoned by your elders. Why? Because, we answered them all so they fell silent.

And you are canvassing exactly what they presented word for word, special pleadings, fallacies, change of posts, outright Lies and cunning Lies and in the end they, could never reasonable counter our answers and they saw that they were standing on Lies

Whilst everything in the Bible stood Solidly True and Unchanged!

So, No Road! Every Fact in the Bible and the Devotion to God has a Very Perfect and Unassailable Explaination.

And Every one has the right to either be foolish or wise, to live or die! But as Natural Living has shown us, we all pay for whatever we do or do not do.

It would seem you are here to win a argument. I AM NOT HERE TO WIN ANY ARGUMENT with a religious fanatic or lunatic, but to learn.

If you are ask for example: what is the shape of the Earth? The inquirer wants to know how the Earth looks as a WHOLE!

The phenomena that you have described for a huge sphere, which looks locally flat is know as a MANIFOLD in Mathematics/Physics or the Elephat-effect in certain areas of Philosophy.

But that doesn't makes those in the past right, naturally whether they are aware that the Earth is a manifold or not. If for instance there were to build a long bridge between villiages with concrete, such won't last long without compensating for the Earth's curvature. Also, if they were to set in motion whatsoever they had placed on the earth's rolling, the object would follow the shortest path, which in Euclidean Geometry is a Straightline but in General Relativity, it's a curve and in Reality/Actuality is a curve.

But here's the crucial question the two of you omitted: Religions, especially the most popular talks of raising people from the death with powers from God. So, How can I experience this claimed (resurrection)? or Is God no more?
Re: Science and Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
budaatum:

I hope your "the two of you", is not you joining buda with that person who thinks square roots is a mstery and deception,

See, a Liar shall Always Lie, budaatum, the Liartuum, the Satanson! See your statement in proof it is you who called the Unatural square root "a mystery", he Satanspawn!

budaatum:

...Pity you posted this in the religious section where Mathematicians wouldn't see it, and those who might would likely shake their heads at you misunderstanding of the MYSTERY of square roots....

I clearly said square root is deceitful
"Neither is Square Root seen or Used in Nature, So where did it come from?

I have told you before one of the most destructive weapons in this world is True-Lies or Lies-Truths or Half-Truths or Half-Lies."

And of course Satan and his children cry out when Lies are destroyed.

BUT I NEVER SAID IT "IS A MYSTERY" but budaatum the Serpentum must always be the Liartum!

And of course I will choose beheading than to be ever joined with you, Satan.
Re: Science and Religion by budaatum: 12:33am On Jun 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
I am here to establish only that which is True as there are so many lies flying around which are not properly challenged and destroyed, so that Only Truth is Seen and Consumed.

It is impossible for any human person to properly supply a True report about the whole view of the earth because we are inside it and it is larger than everyone one of is.

You are "here to establish only that which is True as there are so many lies flying around" even though "it is impossible for any human person to properly supply a True report about the whole view of the earth"?

buda is pleased to see you realise you are human and therefore understand how impossible it is for you to "properly supply a True report"!

Your new found humility is befitting.

Dtruthspeaker:
Secondly, I think you have departed from the flow of the thread which is about comparing the opinion of one set of observers called scientists with the opinion of another set of observers called Christians.
Jesus would say "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eye is dim all your senses would be useless".

A scientist would say "as far as we currently know or understand", so as not to continue believing in light of further evidence, so I don't think I need to say which observer is more valid since we all have the eyes to see with!

Dtruthspeaker:
So as we say in law and Crime enforcement, your question is beyond our jurisdiction and above our pay grade.
Oh come on dt. Surely this is where you claim you are a lawyer and so must be on a higher pay grade than everyone else!

Or is that not why you are "here to establish only that which is True as there are so many lies flying around which are not properly challenged and destroyed"?
Re: Science and Religion by budaatum: 12:40am On Jun 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

BUT I NEVER SAID IT "IS A MYSTERY" but budaatum the Serpentum must always be the Liartum!

Isn't the following mysterious enough for you?

Dtruthspeaker:
Every other Truth was shown you in Nature by mummy and daddy and Teacher but everyone is unable to explain how Square Root works!

Mathematicians can not explain it either,(I have asked them) they just chew their mouth raising big big grammar, which they did not do for the other settled Truths in Nature.

Neither is Square Root seen or Used in Nature, So where did it come from?

I have told you before one of the most destructive weapons in this world is True-Lies or Lies-Truths or Half-Truths or Half-Lies.

It does show how little you understand!
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Science and Religion by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Quantitative Reasoning, Someone Should Help / 17 Nigerian Students make the list of this year's WMI Scholarship / Do’s And Don’ts For Writing The First Draft Of An Essay - Guide 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.