Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,135 members, 7,953,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Insecurity: we are living by the mercies of God in Nigeria - Anglican Archbishop - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Insecurity: we are living by the mercies of God in Nigeria - Anglican Archbishop (184 Views)

At My Age, How Can I Start Living By Myself, I Don't Want To Be A Burden For An / Governor Emmanuel Re-dedicates Akwa Ibom, Banks On God's Mercies In 2022 / Insecurity: We Need To Look For Foreign Support - Senator Smart Adeyemi (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: we are living by the mercies of God in Nigeria - Anglican Archbishop by TGNEWS(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
......Our Leaders Should Rise Up To Their Responsibilities Of Protecting Us

The Archbishop of Anglican Communion of Jos Province and Bishop of Yola Diocese, Most Rev Marcus Ibrahim Anfani said is the Mercies of God that is keeping Nigeria and Nigerians safe.

According to him because of insecurity we are still looking for a greater Nigeria, a country of our dream void of any political crisis, void of any religion, tribal differences, a country where there is justice and equality and all forms of insecurity threats.

He worried that the glory of Nigeria should be more than what we are seeing considering how and when the country became an independent nation.

"We are far from being a country you can close your eyes and sleep, far from being a country with buoyant economy.

" I'm calling on government to rise up to our responsibilities. This is a government that came with a change agenda, we were all eager to see that change coming to pass. But you will agree with me that we didn't see that change. We are now in a kind of reverse order in this country as we are not seeing the change they promised us as a nation." Ibrahim said

He opined that the security of the nation is one of the areas the present government is failing to proffer lasting solution to it.

He stated that the president Muhammadu Buhari should not relegate the issue of security of this nation to the governors because the governors will like wise shift the work to local government council chairmen and at the end of the day there will not be solution.

"I'm calling on the leadership of this country to rise up to their responsibilities to salvage this nation. I pray God to raise up leaders among us that fears Him and serve the masses." He reiterated

The Cleric who in an interview granted to our Yola correspondent in his office at the Church Secretariat to mark his fifty six years birthday said he has every reason to thank God for.

He said he has an overwhelming joy despite the plaque of Boko Haram, banditry, kidnappers and all kinds of insecurity in Nigeria but God's mercy has figured him out in good and perfect condition.

While recounting the numerous achievements God has used him to achieve, he said his fifty six years are full of his blessings, the birthday made him to remember how the course of barrenness was broken in his marital life.

According to him God has shown him mercy after twenty five years of marriage with no child but He blessed him with children after which.

"One of the greatest achievements that I will thank God for is the attaining the office of the Archbishop, is what I can look at it in my life to appreciate God, in our church, to be an Archbishop is not a mere business, I have been in the office of a Bishop for fifteen years, it is for the glory and miracle of God I'm an Archbishop.

" After twenty five years of our marriage God has given us our first Son, the Secretariat is another achievement, last year we celebrated our thirty years anniversary as a diocese in Yola. These are all great achievements at fifty six years." Anfani said

(1) (Reply)

Enugu To Anambra Foxxymobile Car Chatter Hire Rental Services In Enugu Nigeria / Charter Car Vehicle Charter Hire Rental In Enugu State Nigeria 08086510264 / Chief Sunday Igboho Unveils Venue, Time For The Yoruba Nation Awareness Campaig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.