Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman (78657 Views)

Soldiers Flog An 'Unknown Gunman' In Nnewi, Anambra (Disturbing Photos) / Tomorrow's Sit-At-Home Will Be Bloody - Masked Unknown Gunman Threatens / Naked Unknown Gunman Hailed In Owerri As He Entertains Imo Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Idiko1: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:

Nigerian Army, Police Kill Father Of Two Attending Funeral, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman

Police and Nigerian Army operatives have shot dead a 48-year-old father of two, Ifeanyi Obi, who was attending a funeral in Owerri, Imo State.

He was shot dead during a raid by the security operatives.

SaharaReporters gathered that Obi, a shoe manufacturer based in Aba, Abia State, rather than being arrested and properly interrogated, was shot dead at the scene by the security agencies, his attire was stripped off him and he was paraded alongside others as an unknown gunman belonging to the Eastern Security Network (ESN).

Sources and residents familiar with the incident told SaharaReporters that the victim hailed from Oguta in Imo State but resided in Aba, Abia, and it was the funeral that brought him home – he had nothing to do with the crisis in Imo. He was shot dead while still in the attire he wore to the event.

A top security source said, “The deceased was a prospering shoe manufacturer at Powerline Women's Shoes Market in Ariaria Market, Aba. You can go and verify from his fellow traders. He was married with two kids. He had travelled to his hometown in Oguta for a funeral alongside his in-law who is married to his sister.

“That was on Friday, June 4, and two days after, on Sunday, June 6, they boarded a bus to Aba and on getting to Alvan Ikoku College of Education area in Owerri, there were rains of gunshots. The driver hurriedly discharged all passengers and asked them to find their way to safety and the passengers ran in different directions, including Ifeanyi and his in-law who ran in separate directions.

“It was where Ifeanyi ran to and was taking refuge and dodging the flying bullets that soldiers stormed and shot him dead instantly. His corpse was picked up and the trousers he wore were removed.”

SaharaReporters learnt that the army and police took all the persons shot dead at the scene to the police command headquarters in Owerri.

“The next thing was that his corpse was paraded later by the security operatives with a gun placed on him as one of 'the five unknown gunmen or Eastern Security Network (ESN) or Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members killed during an exchange of gunfire' while attempting to attack the Imo State Police Headquarters. We were so infuriated. How could the army and police do this? Is it because the dead don’t speak?” another source queried.

SaharaReporters had on Saturday also exposed how the police and the army in carrying out mass raids and arrests of South-East residents shot dead some of the suspects, allegedly labelled as gunmen terrorising the region.

SaharaReporters had obtained the photographs of two of the victims, who were living in Umuahia, Abia State, whom residents confirmed to be part of them and not unknown gunmen as they were labelled by the police and the army.

The first victim had been identified as Obinna Ejekwu, 30 years old, and Onyebuchi Amadi, 27 years old.

Both men were killed by the security operatives on May 29 and thereafter labelled as ESN members.

“Rather than using intelligence-based crime detection and investigation to go after criminal elements, the Nigerian security forces are let loose on unarmed and defenceless Igbo citizens, hatefully targeting and killing them and labelling them as terrorists,” the source who released the photographs to SaharaReporters had lamented.

A civil society organisation, the International Society for Civil Liberties and Rule of Law, said it called on the international community not to fold their arms amid the “silent massacre” going on in the South-East region but must prevail on the Nigerian government to respect the rule of law and sanctity of life.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/15/nigerian-army-police-kill-father-two-attending-funeral-parade-his-corpse-unknown-gunman

The Fulani army and police cum Nigeria army and police are bunch fools who have to heart to fight and lacked every iota of gallantry meant for decent men and women in uniform. It is known that UGM (Unknown Gun Men) do not run away from the Fulani army and police. Instead the UGM will engage the fools in serious gun fight where both Fulani army/police and UGM will record loses. It is display of cowardice and act contrary to the rules of engagement by men and women in uniform to chase and execute citizens of Nigeria in cold blood. These actions by the dullard and his cohost further subject Nigeria to perils of ultimate destruction. Nigeria will never stand. The call to disintegrated the cesspit called Nigeria gains supporters everyday due to idiotic actions of Fulani army and police. When this is done and settled, Rwanda will look like a child's play.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by chrismastre5(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
UstazAhmed:

As a faithful Muslim I am not afraid to die. I have a better reward in heaven unlike you
72 virgins abi? idiot terrorist
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by BabaOneChance: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
Abagworo:
99% of those killed and paraded as unknown gunmen are innocent citizens. That's the strategy employed and it's very bad. They believe that by killing innocent citizens it will serve as a deterrent to unknown gunmen who in most cases neither live nor are the indigenes of the places they operate.
Did you skip your zombie liquor? You're not supposed to sound normal.
I'm surprised.
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by techWriter1: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
Your kill s and their children will never have peaceful

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
Am a Christian , but I will proudly offer Sacrifices to the gods the day I leave Nigeria. And I will make sure I don't come back to settle down again till am old. Am not interested in being a Billionaire in Naija as others say it's easy to be here than those abroad. I just want a peaceful life in a functioning Government. That's all.
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by sapientia(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
Jackson105:

The soldiers and police the UGM were killing, are which people?

Your foolishness is 5G

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Standing5(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
Twitter was right about censoring the dullards in power then. He actually meant the indiscriminate killings of armless youths in SE.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Lamasta(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
So sad innocent people being killed on a daily basis

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Adekunle555: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
this is damn crazy.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by yusluvad(m): 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
Same here...
Mokason288:
lipsrsealed
Nothing will take me to Imo State at the moment.... even if they say come collect your American visa from Imo State government house

OR COME COLLECT 30billion from Imo State government house

My reply will be NO THANK YOU SIR

Meanwhile BUHARI IS WORKING WITH FULANI JIHADIST TO TAKE OVER NIGERIA

GOV ORTOM

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Gjmff: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by mekaboy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
UstazAhmed:

When IPOB came first which violence was recorded against them? When army came to kill MNK in his house, what violence did crime did MNK and IPOB do against them

Didnt he say he was going to Aso Rock to bring buhari's head?
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by ScamHunter: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
Jackson105:
Chain reaction: Uknown Gunmen ---> Soldiers

We told them this unrest will be brutal for their region, yet they cheer them on.

RIP to the Man.
Wicked soul spotted

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2021
Just like ur mother, ur sisters, ur future daughters and ur wife. Talking like a cursed and bewitched animal
Dissap:
Buhari is just a woman with a Dick! He sucks! sad

Yo Hommies, you know that gender that I was talking about, they are dumb ass bitches...
Fucking irritating creatures with no sense at all!
Either stay out of their way or you fùck em real hard like a Cholo!
This is what the white guys are doing to them, because they know that they ain't worth the effort!
Damn it!
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Okoroawusa: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
It will never be well with Nnamdi Kanu. Both in this world and the world to come
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Shikini: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
Sad
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by gidgiddy: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
owobokiri:
When this guy's corpse appeared here the first time, everyone that saw it knew he was an innocent man! Someone even opened a thread to explain that he never looked like an unknown gunman! Hundreds have been killed like this. Raw executions by those who want to rule by force and by spilling blood...

The first time I saw the picture of the 5 men paraded and said to be ESN that went to attack police station, I knew that something was wrong. Some of the men were wearing cloths that someone who was armed and going to attack a Police station would not wear. One of the men was wearing a colourful blue shirt. That type of shirt would attract attention, why would he wear it to go and attack a Police station?

This guy in question, was dressed like he was going for occassion. But they shot him, pulled down his trousers and put fake gun on him

I now believe that those 5 men were innocent people killed by the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian Army and Police have a huge cache of guns and weapons recovered from previous operations against criminals. What they do is keep it in storage. Whenever they kill an innocent person, the go to their storage, bring out a few guns, place it around the dead body, then call the Press and the general public to come and view. Sometimes, to make the whole thing more believeable, they will tie one fictitious charm anybody can make, on the body

They know that most Nigerians who see a gun on top of a dead body, will assume the person is a dangerous criminal. Rarely do they stop to ask themselves if the whole thing was staged

The Police and Army have been framing people for years, both alive or dead

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Ojiofor: 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Mokason288:

Your fadaaaa

What has my comment gat to do with supporting violence?

Ok good.
Those who are in support of UGM activities should not avoid Owerri or any of the hot spots.
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Mokason288(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

Ok good.
Those who are in support of UGM activities should not avoid Owerri or any of the hot spots.
G2H
Go 2 HELL
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by dododawa1: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
Is Their no senior IGBO soilders in forces
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Sleekfingers: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
FreedomWinsNow:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/15/nigerian-army-police-kill-father-two-attending-funeral-parade-his-corpse-unknown-gunman

shebi we dey tell una to stop the killing of police, army and burning of police stations etc........una hear word? No be clap una dey clap for them? Now toy guys are wailing to international communities for intervention.......can the usa , uk , germany, france allow the killing of police and army in their countries.....and do nothing?

Make una enjoy the fruitd of una labour.....and stop wailing like a jackal on social media.......

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by dododawa1: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
Okorocha and co needed to be questioned
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Lakabana: 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
So sad !!!!.
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Sleekfingers: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Jackson105:
Chain reaction: Uknown Gunmen ---> Soldiers

We told them this unrest will be brutal for their region, yet they cheer them on.

RIP to the Man.

i said, similar thing as well.....but they were calling me all kinda names.......now their eyes don dey clear.......do they expect the FG to just fold their arms and do nothing? They can cry me a river.....

Anyway, rest in peace to the dead....thats if he is innocent oooooo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by gidgiddy: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
Sleekfingers:

i said, similar thing as well.....but they were calling me all kinda names.......now their eyes don dey clear.......do they expect the FG to just fold their arms and do nothing? They can cry me a river.....

Anyway, rest in peace to the dead....thats if he is innocent oooooo

Going about killing innocent people, putting gun on their dead body and framing them as unknown gunmen, is not what anyone expects the authorities to be doing

It could easily happen to you or anyone

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by ThePlugg(m): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
this is getting too much na

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Jackson105: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
sapientia:

Your foolishness is 5G

Just like yours, you can as well go hang yourself
Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Sleekfingers: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

Going about killing innocent people, putting gun on their dead body and framing them as unknown gunmen, is not what anyone expects the authorities to be doing

It could easily happen to you or anyone

thats why we should condemn any form of criminality.......what were the southeast people saying when those criminal elements were killing the police and army? They are kept mute......

Inasmuch, that i dont support the killing of innocent people....but the southeast brought this on themselves.........my advice to any sensible person living in the southeast is to relocate to southsouth or southwest temporarily..........becuase buhari no dey joke oooooo

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Brightest04(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
While terrorists,bandits and herdsmen are killing innocent people in the north and the government doing nothing about it,the same government diverts their energy in systematically trying to wipe the Igbos out of existence.

But it's a pity the Igbo leaders are so blind to see the agenda of the government.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Vitally123: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hey, hey, must everything end up in shooting and killing? Do people remember life after work? People still remember the un-hidden comment "We will use the military and the police to pursue them". Thank you, the entire world is watching and God is recording.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
owobokiri:
When this guy's corpse appeared here the first time, everyone that saw it knew he was an innocent man! Someone even opened a thread to explain that he never looked like an unknown gunman! Hundreds have been killed like this. Raw executions by those who want to rule by force and by spilling blood...

Hmmmmm...... I hope ordinary citizens in the SE won't go and take up arms o.....

The Nigerian Armed Forces cannot withstand the sheer population o.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Ifeanyi Obi, Parade His Corpse As Unknown Gunman by Tapout(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
owobokiri:

Same here, I knew instantly something was off from his outfit. But what the international community/groups is concerned with is Twitter Ban.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apc Wanted To Stop Defectors But It Fail - Buhari / Sit-At-Home Enforcer Burnt Alive By Mob In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Benue People Gave President Buhari A Cold Reception As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.