Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala (1324 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by Kennyblues(m): 11:02am On May 05, 2011
In what seemed like a valedictory speech, Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala of Oyo State on Wednesday said that his administration had worked hard to achieve a better living condition for the people of the state.

A statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Abraham Ojo, said the governor, who lost re-election bid last week, made the claim while inaugurating 33 units of waste compactor trucks purchased by his administration in collaboration with the state chapter of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria.

The governor said that his administration’s record of achievement would continue to speak for him.

Alao-Akala also said that the procurement of the waste compactors was a further demonstration of his administration’s determination to rid Oyo State of dirt, adding that the equipment would be distributed to the 33 local government areas for effective waste disposal.

He disclosed that his administration had also purchased 25 units of roll-on, roll-off refuse trucks to remove refuse on the roads while skip bins were also procured and strategically located along major roads to discourage dumping of refuse on roads.

The governor also stated that flood and erosion control of major streams were undertaken to control flood, which had made destruction of lives and properties a thing of the past, adding that modern public toilets, tagged “Alao-Akala comfort stations” had been provided for the comfort of citizens and visitors to Ibadan.

He appealed to all the 33 local government authorities to make judicious use of the waste compactors and ensure their regular maintenance.

In his address, the state chairman of ALGON, Mr. Ademola Ojo, said that the procurement of the waste compactors was part of Alao-Akala’s administration’s efforts aimed at taking the state to the promised land in the area of environmental sanitation.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by ThinTima(f): 11:17am On May 05, 2011
hmmm, IMO(IN MY Opinion), the state never changed from the big village it has always been, angry
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On May 05, 2011
^^^ na lie you dey talk sooo!! What about the 1000 graduates who now drive cabs around the state? What about the public toilets --- imagine if you need to go quick, you are still miles from home-- don't you think you will thank heaven for the Akala toilets? Please give praise to Akala for all that ! angry
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 05, 2011
thunder fire any jobless Arrow who decides to prosecute akala after all the wonderful things he did for oyo state
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by purplelady: 9:18pm On May 05, 2011
Some of Akala's achievement:‎​

LETTER OF ANNOYANCE TO YOU
I, Otunba (Dr) Adebayo Alao-Akala, rememba i am still your governor ooo. I write this letter with great loss in my heart that after i gave you all Plasma TV's, UPS, DSTV decoders and dishes in your hall of residence and generators in your faculties and even put TV in spices for you, u all still treated me bad in Tuesday's gubernutoral elections. My opponents most especially that Ajimobi small glasses boy, though cuter than me because he doesn't know how to use bleach won your votes. What did i not do for you? I even wore gold chains to look hippy like your hip hop stars and even on my feets. I still bribed you to vote for me and gave out "oyato soaps", "oyato souvenirs", don't you know it is money i used for all these even if i stole small of your money. Because you want ibadan to look like lagos abi?, U'll see ooo, Infact i av vex, i cannot keep on yping correct english. Una dey madt sef. If e sure 4 unna, 4get curfew ooo, Come outside ur stupid skul gate. I av been a police man, I still have my shooting skills. "E ti ya were paa", "Ise rere o ni duro se". "E o ni wotan", "Emi naa omo getto ni mi", Nitori baba Adedibu ti ku abi?, Wo, mscheeew, I'll deal with u. I'm coming to collect my things i gave u 2moro, 2moro, If u try do rubbish, Unna don finish una school 4 dis landio.
Yours Annoyingly
Broda Bayo.aka
Mr blinblin.
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 05, 2011
oyb:

thunder fire any jobless Arrow who decides to prosecute akala after all the wonderful things he did for oyo state

abi o. All the wonderful things.

Akala is a neanderthal. LOL ROTFLMAO @ his impeachment of alaafin Oyo, what a sore loser! Back to his police job or whatever he decides to do.
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by kasiem(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2011
This the best gov'nor in SW, cos u cant expect more from a Yoruba man. Obj, tinubu, ogd, tafa balogun, iyabo etc are all proud Yoruba leaders
Re: I Have Made Life Better For Oyo People – Alao-akala by ThinTima(f): 12:51pm On May 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ na lie you dey talk sooo!! What about the 1000 graduates who now drive cabs around the state? What about the public toilets --- imagine if you need to go quick, you are still miles from home-- don't you think you will thank heaven for the Akala toilets? Please give praise to Akala for all that ! angry
seriously rolling on the floor laughing out loud. I guess the idea behind the public toilet is to relieve indigenes of the excess amala that is being consumed everyday in IB, grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs Total Restructuring To Achieve Economic Growth - Soludo / Boko Haram - Baba Fugu Killed After Talks With Obasanjo / History Already Repeating Itself-south Sudan Is To Sudan As Biafra Is To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.