Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,368 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India (668 Views)

Demond George: Man With 33 Children Speaks (Video) / Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women / The Radfords: UK's Largest Family Welcomes Baby No 22 Amidst Coronavirus Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by GOOOGLE504(m): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
GOOOGLE504:
A 76-year-old man, Ziona Chana, who married about 39 wives with 94 children died in northeast India on Sunday.

Reuters reports that the deceased headed the world’s largest family With a total of 167 members.

Despite the large family, Zion told Reuters in an interview a few years before his death that he wanted to grow the family even further.

“I am ready to expand my family and willing to go to any extent to marry,” he said.

“I have so many people to care for and look after, and I consider myself a lucky man.”

Zion, who was said to have lived in a four-story building with over a hundred rooms, attracted tourism to his village, in Mizoram.

He had 33 grandchildren who were all living with him, making the family a tourism attraction.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/15/man-with-worlds-largest-family-dies-in-india/

Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by Chocholeechocho(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2021
Wow
Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by ChiefSosa(m): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
This is just crazy. Even if you have all the money in the world, that shouldn't make you do dumb things like this. I pray the offsprings don't end up crossing paths unknowingly and having relations or even getting married....we've heard of such cases over and over again. There's no how he'll recognize all of them. He must have given each one of them Matric number for better identification. Na everyday e go dey mark attendance. There's always jealousy and competition in a polygamous family. Why would any female see men like this and would still want to procreate with them.
Mohammed Abubakar Bello comes to mind. No be small headache that man give Sharia court. But, his record is only beaten because ziona's grandchildren were counted. Over to the northern brothers. Oya e ji masun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by Emvico34: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2021
Imagine. Trying to brake king solomon's record. Now that he's gone, who will take care of his family? Always look b4 u leap.
Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by illicit(m): 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
Poor man
Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by Sikay19(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2021
ChiefSosa:
This is just crazy. Even if you have all the money in the world, that shouldn't make you do dumb things like this. I pray the offsprings don't end up crossing paths unknowingly and having relations or even getting married....we've heard of such cases over and over again. There's no how he'll recognize all of them. He must have given each one of them Matric number for better identification. Na everyday e go dey mark attendance. There's always jealousy and competition in a polygamous family. Why would any female see men like this and would still want to procreate with them.
Mohammed Abubakar Bello comes to mind. No be small headache that man give Sharia court. But, his record is only beaten because ziona's grandchildren were counted. Over to the northern brothers. Oya e ji masun.
I am not a northerner but there's nothing dumb about having large family if you have the financial capability to take care of them, it is only stupid when one lacks what it takes to be responsible. As for the rivalry and envy that happens when the polygamy is minimal. In a battalion like this, minding ones business is the order of the day grin
Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by sylve11: 8:31am On Jun 16, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Over to the northern brothers. Oya e ji masun.

Some of our ijaw brothers still dey do the same thing.

As for offspring crossing each other, in ijaw world, i can't say for them, but cousins do. It's almost entirely normal to them.

@ op, may be that man would have lived up to 100 years plus, but with family wahala he had while he was alive, death would have been calling on him in different forms before he finally transited. sad cool
Re: Man With World’s Largest Family Dies In India by ChiefSosa(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2021
Sikay19:
I am not a northerner but there's nothing dumb about having large family if you have the financial capability to take care of them, it is only stupid when one lacks what it takes to be responsible. grin
Bro, there's more to taking care of a family than just finances. Just giving out money to the mothers and telling the kids "go and meet your mother" whenever they need you, is just not enough.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Advice From Married Men / View Some Of Our Home Furniture Works. / Did The Admins Help To Hide Americandad Digital Footprint ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.