Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post (37342 Views)

Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Umahi Orders The Arrest Of Godfrey Chikwere Over Facebook Post He Made / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by dre11(m): 6:45am On Jun 16, 2021
A civilian, Emmanuel Odaudu, has regained his freedom after languishing in the Nigerian Army Special Investigation Bureau underground cell in Abuja for over eight months because of an old Facebook video.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Emmanuel was released on Friday, June 11, 2021, following a series of reports by this medium drawing attention to his plight and the involvement of human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN.

Falana had described Emmanuel’s continued detention by the military as illegal and unconstitutional, adding “Our law firm is taking up this matter and we are going to demonstrate through this case that the Nigerian Army has no power under the law to arrest a civilian without transferring him/her to the police in line with the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.”

Emmanuel’s mother, Helen, had lamented that her son’s ordeal started when he was in the Army, explaining that he was detained over an old video posted on Facebook, where he was seen rapping while in uniform.

She also said that efforts to secure his release after he was arrested in their hometown of Otukpo, Benue State, proved abortive.

Helen, who spoke to PUNCH Metro on Tuesday, said though the case against her son was still ongoing, he had been released from detention.

The joyous mother stated, “My son has been released, but when I went to see the lawyer representing us from Falana and Falana Chambers, he said the case is still on and that the Army is not withdrawing it.

“He was released on Friday, June 11, 2021. I was very happy when I saw him; it was like a dream come true. I appreciate God, my special thanks goes to PUNCH Newspapers, the Falana and Falana Chambers and every other person, who stood by me during my trying period.”

https://punchng.com/army-releases-civilian-detained-for-eight-months-over-facebook-video/

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by WHOYOUUU: 6:49am On Jun 16, 2021
Wahala
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Antoeni(m): 6:50am On Jun 16, 2021
Army Self Na Cult

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by colorsofrainbow: 6:51am On Jun 16, 2021
The Nig.army has descended to a Terrorist organisation

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by thorpido(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2021
Wetin him rap?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by ivolt: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2021
This is wrong.
But could rapping while on uniform really be his main crime?

31 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by owobokiri(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2021
Former Army officer spends almost a year in an underground gualuag for doing what? "Rapping"!!!
You read right!
Quick one; how many months do "repentant Boko Haram insurgents" spend in five star hotels before being released to continue from where they stopped

174 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by tomilayomi: 7:04am On Jun 16, 2021
Just imagine Nigerians has no choice than to use Adamu yeye App call crowwe, the arresting and detaining go be like say we're going to churches/mosques grin

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by tydi(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2021
No repentant Boko haram would had stayed in captive of the Fulani military formation for 8 months

65 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Grace001: 7:10am On Jun 16, 2021
Eight months wasted just like that, no compensation or apology. Useless country

Happy one Nigeria jor

8 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Zonex1(m): 7:21am On Jun 16, 2021
Hehehehehe I kw say by nw rap don tire am lol

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by BabaOneChance: 7:28am On Jun 16, 2021
I'm sure the mom said many things except "my special thanks goes to PUNCH Newspapers".

This one na advert.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by NaMe4: 7:31am On Jun 16, 2021
8 months in an underground cell for Rapping?

And Boko Haram Dem are sent abroad on scholarships?

grin Nigeria!

Pure absurdity!

hmohammed:

Repentant you mean? You guys are pained LOL. Buhari is winning.

Oh sorry bros. That guy was an unrepentant rapper

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Seniorwriter(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2021
dre11:

https://punchng.com/army-releases-civilian-detained-for-eight-months-over-facebook-video/

Lalasticlala

Just wow @the height of Injustice and sufferings in Nigeria.
Charmingrascal:
Arrested for rapping in Uniform?

So once you join the Nigeria Army you can't have any leisure time.
You are not entitled to any form of relaxation.

You have to be serious with a "stone face" all the time.
That is very bad, I have seen military personnel from other Countries singing and rapping while in their full kits.

Sometimes they do that to relax and free their minds from trauma and tension.
Being a soldier should not stop them from being human and doing extra curricular activities that make them happy.
This is the same military my Uncle wanted me to join Four years ago. Uncle I for no forgive you if to say I get that work.
Deep Quote
Citizens suffer when there is bad leadership in power/position.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Charmingrascal(m): 7:54am On Jun 16, 2021
Arrested for rapping in Uniform?

So once you join the Nigeria Army you can't have any leisure time.
You are not entitled to any form of relaxation.

You have to be serious with a "stone face" all the time.
That is very bad, I have seen military personnel from other Countries singing and rapping while in their full kits.

Sometimes they do that to relax and free their minds from trauma and tension.
Being a soldier should not stop them from being human and doing extra curricular activities that make them happy.
This is the same military my Uncle wanted me to join Four years ago. Uncle I for no forgive you if to say I get that work.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Cosmatikka: 8:52am On Jun 16, 2021
Idoma man enjoy ur one Nigeria tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Xscape047: 8:52am On Jun 16, 2021
No b small thing
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Yankee101: 8:52am On Jun 16, 2021
Why detain him in the first place?
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Elzakzaky: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2021
angry
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Sleekdesign117: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2021
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Coldshisha: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2021
After the 8 month detention and training they should just employ him as a Lance corporal
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by Kingluqman(m): 8:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by foeedaba: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Great
Re: Emmanuel Odaudu: Army Releases Civilian Detained For 8 Months Over Facebook Post by E70MAN: 8:55am On Jun 16, 2021
Buhari is a Terrorist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Mourns Pastor TB Joshua / Peter Obi Is Ahead Of Atiku - Festus Keyamo (Video) / Police Hand Over Delta King, Ikolo To Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.