Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature (3036 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) / "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Toyinig(m): 9:17am On Jun 16, 2021
So have you ever wondered why Facebook & Instagram seem to have the ‘perfect’ ads?

Take a guess

Yes you got it right...

Well they use your data(Web searches,chats,possibly calls,etc) to find suitable ads for you

Let me explain

You’ve been looking to buy a Car or Land

But you’re not sure about where would get you the best deal...

You search online on Google,make calls or chats asking your friends or family for enquires

Then all of a sudden...

You get a Plug through an Directed Ad on Facebook or Instagram

Now here’s the interesting part...

You didn’t search on these Apps

So how did they know?

Have you ever witnessed this?

Well you’re not alone

Basically they have access to your devices and Yes....

Your Privacy...

Well,Mark Zuckerberg claims it’s just a means of serving you better,personalized Ads,making these apps free and also helping Business owners connect.

TRUE

But Tim Cook(Apple’sCEO),you and I definitely have a different perspective about this...

Facebook doesn’t just get your Info for products or services you need....

They get EVERYTHING they can...

Yes...Everything

Your ‘secrets’,private life and more

Who likes invasion of Privacy?Well not you and I.

But how about being in control of what gets out there?

Apple recently came on with a Feature on iOS 14.6 that enables you restrict tracking and all on other apps by Facebook

Simply put,Facebook would need your permission to get your data and all

Sweet right?Well I call it the best I ever heard...

What do you think?Let me know��

1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Edibles20: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2021
Sometimes I could just think of something, without even saying it out, and the next day, it’s an ad on Instagram. I don’t even know how possible this is. But it has happened to me lots of times. It’s gotten me so so so paranoid of recent. I’m thankful for the new update; a step in the right direction.

15 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Toyinig(m): 10:09am On Jun 16, 2021
Edibles20:
Sometimes I could just think of something, without even saying it out, and the next day, it’s an ad on Instagram. I don’t even know how possible this is. But it has happened to me lots of times. It’s gotten me so so so paranoid of recent. I’m thankful for the new update; a step in the right direction.

Likeeee,it’s crazy.

God bless Tim Cook.
God bless Apple.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by sunshineV(f): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2021
i saw a stranger on my street, facebook showed her as "people u may know"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by stupidmod3: 10:41am On Jun 16, 2021
i saw an old friend in a bus n i got a message saying people u know are near u undecided

10 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by phemmyfour: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2021
Very annoying, was checking a tv in Jumia and the next thing, numerous unsolicited ads on tv on my Facebook page

11 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by armadeo(m): 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
phemmyfour:
Very annoying, was checking a tv in Jumia and the next thing, numerous unsolicited ads on tv on my Facebook page

This on do me like witchcraft.

I was baffled till it got explained to me.

I'll check something on YouTube and be bombarded with videos on Facebook.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Vulcanheph(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
I knew about these ads a long time ago and the shit doesn't surprise me anymore.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by traihit: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2021
sunshineV:

Both of you probably had your locations turned on or they've tracked the network you're using. These are well designed algorithms to make you more "social" or isn't that why you're on FB?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by sunshineV(f): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2021
traihit:

Both of you probably had your locations turned on or they've tracked the network you're using. These are well designed algorithms to make you more "social" or isn't that why you're on FB?
that's creepy

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by RuMiRgO1stSon: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2021
sunshineV:
Location LoL
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Mohlara1: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
Have been wondering how this is possible, so this explains it all� Thanks for the update.

Am into CAC registrations, lemme handle your business, company, schools charity, church or mosque registration �‍�

Toyinig:
So have you ever wondered why Facebook & Instagram seem to have the ‘perfect’ ads?

Take a guess

Yes you got it right...

Well they use your data(Web searches,chats,possibly calls,etc) to find suitable ads for you

Let me explain

You’ve been looking to buy a Car or Land

But you’re not sure about where would get you the best deal...

You search online on Google,make calls or chats asking your friends or family for enquires

Then all of a sudden...

You get a Plug through an Directed Ad on Facebook or Instagram

Now here’s the interesting part...

You didn’t search on these Apps

So how did they know?

Have you ever witnessed this?

Well you’re not alone

Basically they have access to your devices and Yes....

Your Privacy...

Well,Mark Zuckerberg claims it’s just a means of serving you better,personalized Ads,making these apps free and also helping Business owners connect.

TRUE

But Tim Cook(Apple’sCEO),you and I definitely have a different perspective about this...

Facebook doesn’t just get your Info for products or services you need....

They get EVERYTHING they can...

Yes...Everything

Your ‘secrets’,private life and more

Who likes invasion of Privacy?Well not you and I.

But how about being in control of what gets out there?

Apple recently came on with a Feature on iOS 14.6 that enables you restrict tracking and all on other apps by Facebook

Simply put,Facebook would need your permission to get your data and all

Sweet right?Well I call it the best I ever heard...

What do you think?Let me know��

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Youngpo413: 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
Abeg click allow make I see those 'bwest' wella..

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
how do you expect Facebook and Instagram to make money while you use their service for free ?

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by solidmyk(m): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2021
I used to think it was due to my frequent searches on google until recently I was speaking about a tool set I wanted to buy and it was surprising to see this tool listed on FB and insta ads I think it's now more than catching your browser cookies theres also a way your microphone records things you talk about and it been used to target you for this ads
it just shows one ain't got no privacy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by efembaba(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
I taya oo. Very soon Facebook will start charging u guys for using Facebook, instagram and whatsap. You wont see ads again then. Guess you prefer that.
ARCHEMEDESME:
how do you expect Facebook and Instagram to make money while you use their service for free ?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Flamees(m): 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
sunshineV:
100% true
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
I was searching for runz babes on Instagram - when ever I am driving past VI or Lekki, I see a lot of profile suggestions to add as friends - all babes grin grin grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Onyenna(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
sunshineV:

They’re probably aware both of you are in same vicinity via “location”.......
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2021
efembaba:
I taya oo. Very soon Facebook will start charging u guys for using Facebook, instagram and whatsap. You wont see ads again then. Guess you prefer that.
I guess the would prefer that
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2021
as long as you are using any tech product.. you are 100% not safe
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by wiseone28: 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2021
Wow time to buy iPhone
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by TechCapon(m): 4:56am On Jun 17, 2021
Tracking data for ads purposes is not a bad thing. Would you rather see ads that are not relevant to what you are looking for? Whether you give them permission or not you will still see ads on your Facebook and Instagram, but they won't be relevant to what you want. What privacy are you guys even talking about? Is the new ios feature affecting Google? It only affects apps installed from the app store. Google still have full access to everything because it's browser based.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by careytommy37(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2021
Very soon, I'll be able to afford this iPhone
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by careytommy37(m): 8:04am On Jun 17, 2021
TechCapon:
Tracking data for ads purposes is not a bad thing. Would you rather see ads that are not relevant to what you are looking for? Whether you give them permission or not you will still see ads on your Facebook and Instagram, but they won't be relevant to what you want. What privacy are you guys even talking about? Is the new ios feature affecting Google? It only affects apps installed from the app store. Google still have full access to everything because it's browser based.
Your personal information are being taken by third party apps without your knowledge. This is nothing less than technological rape
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Geesarki(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2021
Kind of surprise too that I now frequently see ads on babies stuff. How they knew my wife is pregnant got me worried. Now I know.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Stop using shitty Android phones grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Tim Cook‘s Number One Hater Because Of This New iOS Feature by Eyanbahose: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
This is exactly how it should be. At least before we give anyone our data they should ask for our permission

(1) (Reply)

Help My Nokia 3230 Phone / How To Flash Your Phone Manually (no Need Of Pc) / How Much Is Gionee M5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.