Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Influential Power Of Friends - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Influential Power Of Friends (218 Views)

5 Types Of Friends That Would Ruin Your Finances - Avoid Them!!! / 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden / Type Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Influential Power Of Friends by arthurndur(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2021
There is this popular saying which states and I quote, "Show me your friend, and I would tell you who you are". There is no doubt based on this context that friends are very influential in their peer groups. I have discovered based on a very critical observation and analysis that nobody was born a bad man or woman. A child at birth is like a brand new computer hardware that is yet to be programmed. And the beauty of a computer based on my perspective depends on its content, especially the software.

However, when a child is growing up, based on my personal study and analysis, he passes through three basic stages of programming, which include:

a. Parental Programming: This has to do with the parental training and upbringing. The foundation parents lay for their kids matters so much in the life of such kids. For instance, what do you expect of children who were brought up in an environment where the Papa and Mama relate like Cat and Rat thereby staging a fight every now and then in the presence of their kids. And compare it to those kids who were brought up in an environment where their Daddy and Mummy relate like Romeo and Juliet. Though, this is not my area of concentration in this study now.

b. Teachers Programming: This is the second most important stage in a child's upbringing. This is the stage when the child's Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is formally developed. The teachers play vital role in every child's upbringing and programming and need to partner well with the parents in achieving a good standard for every child.

c. Friends Programming: This is the most critical and tempting stage for every kid. This is the stage I regard as the final bus-stop of the programming process and the last determinant of who a person is.

Moreover, based on my research, I came to understand that many people who are into different crime activities where influenced by their friends. And this is why I termed it the tempting stage. This is the stage when individual's principles and polices are tested. This is the trial moment for everyone to prove his/her ability to withstand every storm that may try to take you out of your moral principles and policies. What do you think about that innocent guy from a well disciplined family background and the only son of the house who went into the higher institution and joined one of the brotherhoods and was later killed in one of their rival encounters, courtesy of the influential power of friends? What do you have to say about that innocent guy who became mad because he tasted Indian hemp which he never did before, courtesy of the influential power of friends? How do you feel about that innocent guy who joined an armed robbery gang and was shot dead in one of their operations, courtesy of the influential power of friends? And what do you expect of that innocent sweet looking Angel, the Daddy's pet and hope, who went into the secondary school and joined unpleasant clique of girls who were into series of immoral activities; got pregnant and later lost her life in the process of abortion, courtesy of influential power of friends.

Finally, who is that person you call your friend? Have you ever for once in a while asked yourself some reasonable questions about that friendship with such a person? What has been your personal assessment of the things you have learnt from such a person you called your friend? Basically, two things are involved, it is either you are being programmed positively or negatively as long as your friendship with people is concerned. I am someone who strongly believes that a very principled person cannot easily be influenced no matter the level of strategy used. But that person who dances to the tune of every beat is indeed a prey to the negative influential power of friends. I discovered that some people do what they do, not because they have a relevant reason for doing it but just because their friends are doing it and thereby deciding not to be the odd one out. Show me a man/woman who is easily influenced by friends and I would show you that one and only man/woman standing who has a single power of positive influence over his/her friends. Remember, friends can make you and friends can as well destroy you. Think about it, Good luck !

(1) (Reply)

How Ikotun Police Division, Lagos Fire Service Prevented Fire Explosion In Lago / Skin Care: 5 Tips For Healthy Skin / 2012 Toks Grey On Cream Lexus GX460

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.