Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? (596 Views)

Why Is Web Development The Most Commonly Talked About Career In Nigerian Tech / Is Web Development The Only Lucrative IT Field In Nigeria? / Is Programming Now A Mediocre Thing???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by cbrass(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2021
I could remember some 10 years ago web developers were not considered or regarded as programmers, even here on nairaland there used to be a fight between web developers and computer science students.
The fact that these web guys make more money even caused most CSE students/graduates to get angrier.
This fight is not limited toNairalnd alone, it happens on almost any forum at that time.

Now it seems the science guys may be winning now as things have changed.
Now if you didn't study computer science or Mathematics in the University you may find it difficult to cope during interview sessions and tests.

The term "Web developer" or "Coder" has been faced out gradually hence the word Software Engineer/Developer is in vogue now.

You need to be grounded now in Data structures, design patterns, algorithms, etc for you to fit in.
If you didn't study computer science while in school you may find it hard to navigate your way,
Then with the way the tech world is going so many branches are now been created eg DevOps and the likes.

Let me know what you guys think
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Only the naive and valueless coders will be edged out o the industry. The experienced ones who have been in the game for sometime will always make money more than the computer science graduates you're talking about. You think it's about degree and some stupid theories that are being taught in schools, the real coders don't need interviews for jobs, they know how they make their money.

2 Likes

Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by cbrass(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:
Only the naive and valueless coders will be edged out o the industry. The experienced ones who have been in the game for sometime will always make money more than the computer science graduates you're talking about. You think it's about degree and some stupid theories that are being taught in schools, the real coders don't need interviews for jobs, they know how they make their money.

Bro calm down nw, you don dey vex ni grin
This is not a fight o, just stating the new trend now
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2021
cbrass:

Bro calm down nw, you don dey vex ni grin
This is not a fight o, just stating the new trend now

No vex jare, my blood dey hot ni! grin
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by cbrass(m): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:

No vex jare, my blood dey hot ni! grin

i understand you grin grin grin
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by Bigshoe2028: 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
Of u know the kind money wey dey web dev omo u go fear
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by Karleb(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
Bros, e be like say you don dey interview with Microsoft.

In case you need to know, I'm doing well! grin
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by cbrass(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Karleb:
Bros, e be like say you don dey interview with Microsoft.

In case you need to know, I'm doing well! grin

seems you don dey learn witchcraft o cheesy cheesy
how you take know
Re: Is Web Programming Now Shifting Base? by Karleb(m): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
cbrass:

seems you don dey learn witchcraft o cheesy cheesy
how you take know

I don join witchcraft now. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Learning An I.T Skills! / Claim 7 BNB In Trust Wallet / Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.