Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. (20619 Views)

How Did You Cope After Getting A New Job Without Cash At Hand? / How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / I Got A Job Without Knowing Any Senator, Minister Or Anybody In Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by cobso35: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2021
Biggest forum in Ghana 4316275
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by professore(m): 10:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
Easyincome24:
You need the experience to get a job but you need a job to get experience.

How do you get started if you are freshly out of college?

How do you start gathering experience if you have not worked in your area of specialization before and looking forward to working?

This article examines 5 ways to land a job without experience.

1. Do not shy away from the truth

The mistake most job seekers make is trying to be diplomatic about their lack of experience. The truth is irrespective of how much falsehood has been sold, honesty pays. If you don’t have the required experience for the job, don’t shy away from this. Construct a very catchy cover letter and be open about your lack of experience.

2. Focus on the things you have

Beyond not having the required experience, focus on the things you have. Experience matters but there are other things like the right kind of attitude, motivation, and resilience. All these are necessary to do a good job. Let what you have cover up for the things you don’t have.

3. Think through the experience you don’t know you have

Most time, we are too focused on the experience attached to the job that we ignore some experience we have. Think back to some little jobs you have done but did not count as experience. For instance, if you have ever organized a successful meeting before, this can be counted as an admin experience. Think deeply before you put down your lack of experience in your cover letter.

4. Get some experience

If you keep waiting to get a job before gathering experience, you might wait for too long. Brush up your level of experience by doing some voluntary work. An internship is a good place to start.

5. Get on platforms that can help you land your dream job.

Getting jobs without experience can be very difficult. To reduce your worry, get on as many professional platforms as you can.

Some of these platforms include Indeed, LinkedIn, and Bixex. Indeed is ideal for job vacancy notification. However, LinkedIn and Bixex do not just post the job openings, you get to meet professionals on the platform.

Opening an account on Bixex does not only position you to meet professionals but also helps you learn and grow.

Bixex also has different professional and educating communities. As a job seeker on Bixex, beyond connecting with business professionals, join communities, and promote yourself by sharing posts, articles, and engaging with other people’s posts. In no time, you would be sharing these tips with other job seekers.

https://blog.bixex.com/?p=1012
can I put "church youth PRO" as an experience.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Karleb(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lack of experience is one big factor that hinders most job seekers prayers.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Eriokanmi: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Point number 4 has knocked off your post OP. Your topic was about getting a job without experience yet your number 4 point read... GET SOME EXPERIENCE. you should have rather made your topic...HOW TO GET A JOB SMARTLY. Only a smart job applicant would go for freelance, internship and other free stuffs in related fields. I never had any paid job experience before i got my first job a good job. I offered to work for free in a company as sales executive where I acquired computer skills. I never went to any computer school. When my first job came, I was placed on a computer test, hands-on. Those who claimed to understand how to use a computer failed, among the finalists. Only those of us who were proficient in computer skills were taken, about 4 of us...3 of us scaled through the rigours of aptitude tests and interviews while the 4th candidate came through one of the directors. He schooled abroad. He didn't participate in the tests and interviews but passed the computer test.

My people, no matter what, experience counts. Even if you've not been employed yet, apply to companies for free services. I wrote to nestle, Cadbury, coca cola etc back then. People love freebies. Theyd gladly take you. Some people have ended up securing jobs through this means too. Once you're known to be hardworking and result-oriented, you'd be integrated in no time, instead of the company spending millions to recruit those whose expertise and experience can't be vouched for.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Zubydeangelo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2021
Easyincome24:
You need the experience to get a job but you need a job to get experience.

How do you get started if you are freshly out of college?

How do you start gathering experience if you have not worked in your area of specialization before and looking forward to working?

This article examines 5 ways to land a job without experience.

1. Do not shy away from the truth

The mistake most job seekers make is trying to be diplomatic about their lack of experience. The truth is irrespective of how much falsehood has been sold, honesty pays. If you don’t have the required experience for the job, don’t shy away from this. Construct a very catchy cover letter and be open about your lack of experience.

2. Focus on the things you have

Beyond not having the required experience, focus on the things you have. Experience matters but there are other things like the right kind of attitude, motivation, and resilience. All these are necessary to do a good job. Let what you have cover up for the things you don’t have.

3. Think through the experience you don’t know you have

Most time, we are too focused on the experience attached to the job that we ignore some experience we have. Think back to some little jobs you have done but did not count as experience. For instance, if you have ever organized a successful meeting before, this can be counted as an admin experience. Think deeply before you put down your lack of experience in your cover letter.

4. Get some experience

If you keep waiting to get a job before gathering experience, you might wait for too long. Brush up your level of experience by doing some voluntary work. An internship is a good place to start.

5. Get on platforms that can help you land your dream job.

Getting jobs without experience can be very difficult. To reduce your worry, get on as many professional platforms as you can.

Some of these platforms include Indeed, LinkedIn, and Bixex. Indeed is ideal for job vacancy notification. However, LinkedIn and Bixex do not just post the job openings, you get to meet professionals on the platform.

Opening an account on Bixex does not only position you to meet professionals but also helps you learn and grow.

Bixex also has different professional and educating communities. As a job seeker on Bixex, beyond connecting with business professionals, join communities, and promote yourself by sharing posts, articles, and engaging with other people’s posts. In no time, you would be sharing these tips with other job seekers.

https://blog.bixex.com/?p=1012
No 4 don rubbish your headline
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by IamRandy: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kizyte:
Nice one! Please confirm if the following abbreviations are correct:

NAIRA - Never Allow Igbos Rule Again

PHCN - Problem Has Changed Name

APC - Association of Past Criminals

NYSC - Now Your Struggles Continue

PDP - People Deceiving People.

MTN - Maintain Total Nonsense

ABACHA - After Babangida, Another Criminal Has Arrived

NEPA - Never Expect Power Again

BUHARI - Brought Unnecessary Hardship Among Reasonable Individuals

And you must ROLL UP Igbo into your NONSENSE?
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Number one is man no man..

Make 5 Usdt per day..
Check my signature
you dn make your own?? Liar and a bastard mohfuxker
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 17, 2021
Kizyte:

This is a great job with no experience grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Ashirioluwa: 2:33am On Jun 17, 2021
Anybody can write anything
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by hakym619(m): 3:12am On Jun 17, 2021
Kizyte:

Nice one .

Add more cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Chamberlin1983(m): 5:56am On Jun 17, 2021
You did well but the following should be corrected NEPA- Never expect power always PHCN- Please hold candles now. hope is taken?
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Kizyte(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2021
IamRandy:

And you must ROLL UP Igbo into your NONSENSE?
LOL! I'm an Igbo man. Just have fun and forget tribalism.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by derolemode(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2021
Paperbag:
Fullz for sell
Na which kind fullz?
You have my calm permission to DM me for more info on this.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Jacksparrow7(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
kokakola:
I'm not a fan of soft drink. I decided to buy plastic Coca Cola today so i gave the young girl N500 note behold she gave me N350 as change. I now asked her how much is Coke, she gave me a Long hiss and said "you're behaving as if you"re not a Nigerian." I just respected myself and faced front.
That was rude of her
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by shameonyou(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kizyte:

mr man go and look for factory job na if u don't have job...
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by Kizyte(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
shameonyou:
mr man go and look for factory job na if u don't have job...
Provide me with one sir.
Re: 5 Ways To Get A Job Without Experience. by shameonyou(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kizyte:
Provide me with one sir.
don't worry let me consult mr buhari first, then i'll get back to you...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Help My Husband Before He Commits Suicide / Vacancies At Guinness Nigeria Plc / My Job Hunt Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.