Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

US Defender Mark Mckenzie Targeted With Online Racial Abuse - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Defender Mark Mckenzie Targeted With Online Racial Abuse (136 Views)

Why New York Health Chief, Defender Of Cuomo Policies Is Resigning / Swissgarde Defender Capsules / The Benefit Of Defender Capsule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Defender Mark Mckenzie Targeted With Online Racial Abuse by WinifredVII: 3:34am On Jun 17, 2021
American defender Mark McKenzie was subjected to racial abuse on social media following his team's 3-2 victory over Mexico in the CONCACAF Nations League final.
“The amount of racial abuse and personal attacks on myself and family from ‘supporters’ and ‘non supporters’ just ain’t it,” McKenzie, who is Black, wrote on his Instagram Stories late Monday.
The posting included an example of the abuse.
“The racial abuse and attacks on myself, my teammates and our families just isn't acceptable — not as athletes, not as HUMANS,” McKenzie added on Twitter on Tuesday night, capitalizing for emphasis. “There's no denying it wasn't my greatest performance in a massive match. I accept that. Mistakes aside, the remarks DURING and AFTER the match have no place in the beautiful game we love or in spaces supposed to unite. Supporters or non supporters, fans or not ... it's about having respect for your fellow brothers and sisters from various corners of the earth because our diversity is what makes us so powerful. We as a people MUST do better and the organizations and corporations with the power to hand out repercussions NEED to step up and be held accountable as well. No more lip service — your either for positive change or part of the problem.”

(1) (Reply)

German Biologist Refutes COVID-19 Lab Leak Theory / I Need Help On Severe Throat Pain / COVID-19 Closely Related To The Pandemic Virus Discovered In Japan And Cambodia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.