Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Court Sentences Former Bank PHB Boss, Francis Atuche To Over 6 Years In Prison - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Court Sentences Former Bank PHB Boss, Francis Atuche To Over 6 Years In Prison (262 Views)

Former Bank Chief, Dr. Alex Otti Buries Father-in-law In Grand Ceremony / He Called After 5 Years In The US (read) / I Don’t Have A Hand In The Collapse Of Bank PHB: Atiku Replies FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Former Bank PHB Boss, Francis Atuche To Over 6 Years In Prison by Worldtopnewsng1: 5:04am On Jun 17, 2021
The two were convicted on at least 6 of a 27-count amended charge of conspiracy to commit a felony and stealing brought against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

While Atuche who was found guilty on counts 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 23 of the charge would serve a 6-year term for each count, Anyanwu will serve a 4-year jail term for counts 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 22 and 24 of the amended charge.

They are to serve their jail term consecutively. This sentence is coming after a trial that lasted over 12 years.

In delivering her sentence, Justice Okunnu held that the EFCC successfully proved its case against the convicts beyond a reasonable doubt.

https://worldtopnewsng.com/court-sentences-former-bank-phb-boss-francis-atuche-to-over-6-years-in-prison/
Re: Court Sentences Former Bank PHB Boss, Francis Atuche To Over 6 Years In Prison by Drakkernoir: 5:16am On Jun 17, 2021
Can you imagine

Trial lasted over 12 years....

The judiciary is our main problem in this country.
Re: Court Sentences Former Bank PHB Boss, Francis Atuche To Over 6 Years In Prison by ShenTeh(m): 5:55am On Jun 17, 2021
Francis Atuche used to be a household name like the Jim Ovias, Cecelia Ibrus, of this world in that generation when bank MDs where demigods.

The woes of BankPHB seems to had worsened with the purchase of a struggling Spring Bank and Atuche's insistence of running the banks separately, hence disregarding the economics of scale that that purchase brought.

The BankPHB story always brings emotions to me because I loved that bank and their branding and customer service was great, but I guess the controversial Sanusi Lamido Sanusi tsunami knew better.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Oldest Man, Ichie Ozo Nwibe Nwosu Dies At The Age Of 120 In Awka / Bluehost_wordpress / Is A Temporary Phone Number Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.