Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH (507 Views)

Boko Haram Leadership Crisis Stalling Negotiation For Chibok Girls’ Release- PMB / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister / Rains, Major Challenge To Power Transmission, Distribution – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2021
Speaking during a courtesy call on the Minister of Water Resources, Adamu Suleiman, in Abuja, the Managing Director, NDPHC, Chiedu Ugbo, said power plants under the management of his firm had 4,099MW of electricity.

He, however, stated that a very large percentage of this quantum of electricity was not taken by operators in the value chain due to transmission and distribution bottlenecks.

He said, “We have 4,099MW but not all are taken in the grid due to systemic problems.

“If you check today, we have 500 – 700MW on the grid. That is not to say our machines are bad; it is because of transmission and distribution challenges.”

Ugbo stated that the NDPHC had to also invest in transmission and distribution to help in the evacuation and distribution of electricity.

He said, “In those areas too, NDPHC has done significant work. We pride ourselves as having invested about 50 per cent of the transmission assets in the country.

“We have invested heavily in transmission and distribution assets all over the country, in every state.”

On the visit to the water ministry, the NDPHC boss said it was to seek the ministry’s as his company works towards developing small and medium hydro projects across the country.

He explained that the NDPHC was looking at setting up small hydro plants on existing dams in Nigeria, especially those in the northern part of the country.

He explained that most irrigation projects required a lot of water but could not operate without electricity, and urged the NDPHC to support the projects by installing solar power plants in them.

https://punchng.com/transmission-distribution-challenges-stalling-3599mw-electricity-supply-ndphc/?
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2021
We have not reach 5000mw, yet we are shouting this government is doing well on infrastructure. Reason they want to ban social media, so you cant fault their lies.

1 Like

Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by rottennaija(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2021
Imagine the under utilised power from just one GENCOS Niger Delta Power Holding Company, its one the GENCOS (NDPHC).

There is need to fix transmission urgently because they are losing money from idle plant. And most importantly, what will force the DISCOS to sit-up is mass metering. Allow people buy their meters from the open market (just like we do with mobile phones), preferably smart prepared meters. Just allow people get their meters and see how the DISCOS will be forced to work so people have electricity.
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by rottennaija(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2021
Omooba77:
We have not reach 5000mw, yet we are shouting this government is doing well on infrastructure. Reason they want to ban social media, so you cant fault their lies.

I don't think you understand what you are saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2021
rottennaija:

I don't think you understand what you are saying

You can read. Half of what is 'claimed' to have been generated is not getting to consumer. Yet government lies it is now generating more than 10000mw, whereas it is below 7000mw we have been having in the last six years.

1 Like

Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
Phcn and nerc are just fleecing us with bills some people sat behind computers to generate, termed estimated billings. No light since o, but Ekedp, Aedc and co can manufacture bills for undeveloped plot.
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Chidexter(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
But that transmission and distribution challenges never air it's head when providing other countries with electriity abi?. Idiots
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lalasticlala, what sort of country is this, phcn cut your light, no light, you still get bill.
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by rottennaija(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Omooba77:

You can read. Half of what is 'claimed' to have been generated is not getting to consumer. Yet government lies it is now generating more than 10000mw, whereas it is below 7000mw we have been having in the last six years.

I think one of the problems you people have is comprehension and the urge to rush in commenting, especially if the story sounds bad and would place the govt in a bad light.

Go through the news again and ask yourself if 500 – 700MW can power the whole country? From his statements, he said they have a capacity of 4,099MW which are not taken to the grid but only 500-700MW is on the grid. It would mean that they have a capacity of almost 5000MW.

Besides NDPHC means Niger Delta Power Holding Company, its one the GENCOS (generation company) which generate electricity. If NDPHC has a capacity of about 5000MW of which 500-700MW is in the grid (representing 10-14% capacity on the grid), what makes you think other GENCOS don't have capacity that will sum up to 10000MW?

I know we all have distrust of govt. But we also owe it to ourselves and our sanity to research before rushing to comment.

Sometimes, a Cigar is just a Cigar.
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by vedaxcool(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Omooba77:
Lalasticlala, what sort of country is this, phcn cut your light, no light, you still get bill.

But you said Jonathan built all the infrastructure why don't you ask him to pass you the lighter?

Those who defend the reckless privatisation of NEPA which has sold to pdthives goons should have the decency to collect light from them. At least the 100mb you are distributed to attack PMB online should be enough for you.

P&ID defenders that join hands with foreigners to fleece the nation. Op any update about P&ID scam?
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
rottennaija:

I think one of the problems you people have is comprehension and the urge to rush in commenting, especially if the story sounds bad and would place the govt in a bad light.

Go through the news again and ask yourself if 500 – 700MW can power the whole country? From his statements, he said they have a capacity of 4,099MW which are not taken to the grid but only 500-700MW is on the grid. It would mean that they have a capacity of almost 5000MW.

Besides NDPHC means Niger Delta Power Holding Company, its one the GENCOS (generation company) which generate electricity. If NDPHC has a capacity of about 5000MW of which 500-700MW is in the grid (representing 10-14% capacity on the grid), what makes you think other GENCOS don't have capacity that will sum up to 10000MW?

I know we all have distrust of govt. But we also owe it to ourselves and our sanity to research before rushing to comment.

Sometimes, a Cigar is just a Cigar.

NDPH controls more than 70% of GENCOS and if you check the generation of everyone together it is less than 10k mw. Go and study about Power generation.
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
vedaxcool:

But you said Jonathan built all the infrastructure why don't you ask him to pass you the lighter?

Those who defend the reckless privatisation of NEPA which has sold to pdthives goons should have the decency to collect light from them. At least the 100mb you are distributed to attack PMB online should be enough for you.

P&ID defenders that join hands with foreigners to fleece the nation. Op any update about P&ID scam?
You are still fixated with GEJ, the man is still enjoying his lifeas he watches your Principal Buhari setting the whole nation ablaze with outdated policies. Hope Government has collected the prize won in court over P&ID. You all see the railway. Hope you read World Bank report on Power generation. Enjoy your change to next suffering grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by vedaxcool(m): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Omooba77:

You are still fixated with GEJ, the man is still enjoying his lifeas he watches your Principal Buhari setting the whole nation ablaze with outdated policies. Hope Government has collected the prize won in court over P&ID. You all see the railway. Hope you read World Bank report on Power generation. Enjoy your change to next suffering grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Uncle why vomiting all over the place? I only advise you collected a lighter from the man you claimed built all the infrastructure. GEJ is cool with PMB but he has left you in darkness, I only advised you beg him to give you lighter for your candles.

And abeg how far with your p&ID scam, I just need update, after all the free propaganda you do for them, at least dem suppose give you generator set or inverter make you take help your life. Betraying one's country is usually done for a prize beg them to pay up. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
vedaxcool:

Uncle why vomiting all over the place? I only advise you collected a lighter from the man you claimed built all the infrastructure. GEJ is cool with PMB but he has left you in darkness, I only advised you beg him to give you lighter for your candles.

And abeg how far with your p&ID scam, I just need update, after all the free propaganda you do for them, at least dem suppose give you generator set or inverter make you take help your life. Betraying one's country is usually done for a prize beg them to pay up. grin grin grin grin grin

Ask Lai, Malami and co. You dont love the country more than I do, by God's grace I can enter anywhere in the world without much I do. We only fight for the down trodden increasing on daily basis due to miss rule of your principal. Even yam has become gold, not to talk of other necessity of life!
Re: Transmission, Distribution Challenges Stalling 3,599MW Electricity Supply – NDPH by Omooba77: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2021
No light, but will pay for darkness which is estimated!

(1) (Reply)

Court Voids Anambra PDP Congress, Nullifies Delegate List / My Uncle Said I’ll Die Poor, Aisha Yesufu Narrates Childhood Ordeal / How does not arresting Bandits In d North favour North?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.