Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

7 Things To Never Say To A Nigerian Mother - Funny List - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Things To Never Say To A Nigerian Mother - Funny List (622 Views)

Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / Funke Akindele’s Role In Avengers: 7 Things You Should Know / Ray Hushpuppi: 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The Flamboyant ‘Big-Boy’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things To Never Say To A Nigerian Mother - Funny List by Businesslist: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2021
Nigerian mothers are the most sweetest people, they are courageous, gorgeous, hard working and selfless. They have a way of blessing our hearts and our pockets but they can also be very extra and overly dramatic with everything.

Here are things to never say to your Nigerian mother or the wrath comes down:

Number one on the list today would be "Calm down", never ever tell a Nigerian mother to calm down during an argument or correction or there is going to be having a family meeting on your behalf. I don't know why but this statement triggers them to start being dramatic, but a friendly advice don't. Funny yea? but true.

Secondly, when they ask you during a conversation or an accusation "Am I lying" don't you ever say " Yes mum you're lying" or "Yes" even if she is telling a lie or you were going to say it politely DON'T!! or you're going to see yourself on the sick bed in no time.

Next would be, telling your mum to help you get something from the kitchen or any other room in the house. Something like " Mum, please help me with a cup of water" all hell is gong to break loose. In few minutes your aunt or uncle would be calling to tell you how your mum said you insulted and disrespected her.

Fourthly, never ever tell your Nigerian mum "NO" when she sends you on an errand. Instantly to do it or you're not going to be having a good night rest, she is going to be moving around the house reminding you of everything she has done for you and how you have chosen to repay her.

Number five on our list today is "Mum, but you're old" or "Mum you're fat" if you aren't going to say this nicely or politely, don't say it at all. Try everything within your reach to avoid being in conversation that would require you to say this, or you might just be having an appointment with your pastor or mentor on how disrespectful you are.

Next would be "Sorry" never try to use sorry to end a conversation with your mum, they find it disrespectful. they go like " You're telling me sorry so I can shut up" or "Sorry for yourself". Dramatic yea! I know.

Finally, forgetting to compliment them when dress up. Make it an obligation to always hype your mum whenever she dresses up to step out, throw in some nice words, take her some pictures and make her laugh or smile. The result of not doing this will be her reporting you to family members or her referring to it in every conversation.

Hope you had a good laugh, and learnt a few tips on how to relate with your Nigerian mother.

Written By Donald Illikannu

cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer, Dare Justified Welcomes Second Baby / Bbnaja Maria Kissing Boma During Practice (video) / Sound Sultan's Wife Speaks Out A Month After His Passing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.