Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Important Correction on Solat!!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Important Correction on Solat!!!! (666 Views)

Fasting Is Not Accepted If One Doesn’t Observe Solat! / How To Calculate Time For Each Daily Solat / How To Pay A Missed Solat When Menstruation Stops? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Correction on Solat!!!! by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Hello Everyone.
I type these words to correct the way in which most people I have seen observe solat,with evidence from the Quran.
Surah Israi verse 111

Say, “Call (Him by the name of) Allah or Ar-Rahman, ³²in whichever way you call, His are the Best Names.” Do not be (too) loud in your Salah, nor be (too) low in it, and seek a way in between.

your Salah includes all the five daily prayer and your nawafil (nofila)
At no point during the recitation of the Surah fatiha and any other surah should you read silently or with a low tone including the Zhur,Asr prayer ....Also the last rakah of the Maghrib prayer and last two rakah of the Isha prayer ....the surah fatiha should be read out audibly.
No surah should be read with a low tone while observing solat or nawafil
Also shouldn't be read with a loud tone either.
This is typed to correct those who recite silently in low tones and those who read out loudly .
Glory be to Allah
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by AntiChristian: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
MusaKalhan:
Hello Everyone.
I type these words to correct the way in which most people I have seen observe solat,with evidence from the Quran.
Surah Israi verse 111

Say, “Call (Him by the name of) Allah or Ar-Rahman, ³²in whichever way you call, His are the Best Names.” Do not be (too) loud in your Salah, nor be (too) low in it, and seek a way in between.

your Salah includes all the five daily prayer and your nawafil (nofila)
At no point during the recitation of the Surah fatiha and any other surah should you read silently or with a low tone including the Zhur,Asr prayer ....Also the last rakah of the Maghrib prayer and last two rakah of the Isha prayer ....the surah fatiha should be read out audibly.
No surah should be read with a low tone while observing solat or nawafil
Also shouldn't be read with a loud tone either.
This is typed to correct those who recite silently in low tones and those who read out loudly .
Glory be to Allah

Kindly include one or more proofs from the Sunnah and Salafs to buttress your assertions.

From what is available from https://islamqa.info/en/answers/224152/evidence-for-reciting-out-loud-and-quietly-in-the-five-daily-prayers is that:

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Pray as you have seen me praying.” The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to recite out loud in Fajr prayer and the first two rak‘ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’, and he would recite quietly in all other cases. Texts which refer to reciting out loud include the following:

The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (735) and Muslim (463) from Jubayr ibn Mut‘im (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) reciting [Soorat] at-Toor in Maghrib.

The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (733) and Muslim (464) from al-Baraa’ (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) reciting “Wa’t-teeni wa’z-zaytoon” [i.e., Soorat at-Teen] in ‘Isha’ prayer, and I never heard anyone with a more beautiful voice than him.

The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (739) and Muslim (449) from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) about the jinn coming and listening to the Qur’an from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), in which it says that he was leading his companions in Fajr prayer, and when they heard the Qur’an they listened attentively to it.

These hadiths indicate that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to recite out loud in such a way that those who were present could hear it.

Evidence that the recitation is to be done quietly in Zuhr and ‘Asr prayers includes the following:
The report narrated by al-Bukhaari (713) from Khabbaab (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which someone asked him: Did the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) recite Qur’an in Zuhr and ‘Asr? He said: Yes. We said: How did you know that? He said: From the movement of his beard [as he recited quietly].

Thus it becomes clear that reciting out loud in the prayers where that is to be done and reciting quietly in the prayers where that is to be done is the Sunnah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and the Muslims are unanimously agreed on these rulings.

Al-Bukhaari (738) and Muslim (396) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: In every prayer you should recite. What the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) made us hear we make you hear, and what he recited quietly we recite quietly.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
The Sunnah is to recite out loud in the (first) two rak‘ahs of Fajr, Maghrib and ‘Isha’, and in Jumu‘ah, and to recite quietly in Zuhr and ‘Asr, and the third rak‘ah of Maghrib, and the third and fourth rak‘ahs of ‘Isha’. All of this is according to the consensus of the Muslims, in addition to the saheeh hadiths that all indicate that.
End quote from al-Majmoo‘ Sharh al-Muhadhdhab (3/389).

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
Recitation should be done quietly in Zuhr and ‘Asr, and out loud in the first two rak‘ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’, and in all of Fajr prayer. … The basis for that is the action of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), as is proven by the narration of later generations from earlier generations. If a person recites out loud in a place where the recitation should be done quietly, or recites quietly in a place where recitation should be done out loud, he has neglected the Sunnah, although his prayer is valid.
End quote from al-Mughni (2/270).
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
AntiChristian:

Kindly include one or more proofs from the Sunnah and Salafs to buttress these?

The Quran is enough as evidence
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by AntiChristian: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
MusaKalhan:

The Quran is enough as evidence

Kindly answer the following.

1. Show us the Five daily prayers by their names in the Qur'an. Then mention where it is stated that we pray Fajr reciting aloud....

2. Show us the mode of praying Salah explicitly from the Qur'an including all the recitations from start to finish. How many Rakah has each Salah? Each Nawaafil?

3. Show us the ruling on Taharah & Istinjah as related to Salah from the Qur'an.

4. The 12 Islamic months in the Qur'an.

5. How do you know how much Zakah to pay using the Quran alone?

6. It says in the Quran to shorten the prayer when you travel. How long do you have to travel in order to be eligible to have this privilege? How short do you have to cut the prayer?

7. The Qur'an says to cut the hand of the thief. Does the word 'cut' in the verse mean to cut off or to cut in the sense of making a mark, or could it be metaphorical and mean cutting off the resources of the thief?

8. The prophecies of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) came true from the hadith, thus proving that there are divine revelations sent down to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) other than the Quran. How do you explain this?

9. The Quran says that men can beat their wives. But we know according to the hadith that this is meant to be a light beating that inflicts a spiritual punishment and not a harmful physical punishment. What is to stop a man from misinterpreting the Quran and beating his wife severely?

10. The Qur'an says that we must obey Allah and the Messenger (Surah 3:31-32,132; Surah 4:13-14, 59, 61, 64, 69, 80; Surah 24:56). There are two separate commands here. One is to obey Allah and the other is to obey the Prophet. In order to obey someone, he would need to issue a command. So if we want to obey Allah we have to do so by reading the commands of Allah in the Quran and adhering to them. If we want to obey the Prophet then we have to do so by reading the commands of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in the authentic hadith and adhere to them. Or is there another way?

11. It says in the Qu'ran (Surah 33:21) that we have the Messenger as a good example to follow. How would we know his example without the traditions to turn to?

12. We have different forms of reciting the Qur'an, which means that certain letters are taken away from the word or pronounced differently. Through authentic hadith, we know that these were accepted forms of reading approved by the Prophet (peace be upon him). But without hadith, how would we know this? Using the Qur'an alone, if I see that there are different forms of recitation then I would think that there is more than one Qur'an and I wouldn't know which one is correct.

13. In Surah 2:221, God forbids us to marry polytheist women. Yet in Surah 5:5, God says that we can marry the believing women and the chaste women from the People of the Book. This is a clear differentiation between believing women and People of the Book. You can't have a believing person today from the People of the Book who is not a Muslim. So if God were talking about the believing women from the People of the Book then He wouldn't have differentiated the "believing women" phrase from them. Furthermore, the believing people from the People of the Book were the ones who truly followed the teachings of Jesus and Moses, which are lost today. So by using the Quran alone, how do I know which verse was revealed first? Did Surah 2:221 come first and then God sent down Surah 5:5 making an exception or did God send down Surah 5:5 first and then send Surah 2:221 by completely prohibiting us from marrying the women from the People of the Book?

14. In Surah 24, verse 31 says "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof" What exactly is this part that "appears thereof"?

15. Allah says in the Qur'an (Surah 75:19) that the Qur'an will be recited. But then in the verse right after (verse 20) it is also said that the Qur'an will be explained. If the Qur'an is self-explanatory then the only thing that needs to be done is reciting it out. However, in verse 19 the function of reciting is done and then in the verse right after, the function of explaining is done. Clearly these are two different tasks, which mean that reading the Qur'an alone would not give you the full explanation required. It has to be explained through some other source. What is that other source?
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hope this is not a fight between Sunnis and Shi'a?
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by AntiChristian: 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:
Hope this is not a fight between Sunnis and Shi'a?

Hypocrisy! Shoboleyoke! Wetin be your own? The liar don deactivate the account and run away!

Qu'ran 17:81
And say: "Truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism or this Quran or Jihad against polytheists) has come and Batil (falsehood, i.e. Satan or polytheism, etc.) has vanished. Surely! Batil is ever bound to vanish."
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:11am On Jun 18, 2021
AntiChristian:

Hypocrisy! Shoboleyoke! Wetin be your own? The liar don deactivate the account and run away!

Qu'ran 17:81
And say: "Truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism or this Quran or Jihad against polytheists) has come and Batil (falsehood, i.e. Satan or polytheism, etc.) has vanished. Surely! Batil is ever bound to vanish."

Are you pained? Solomakinde

Who be the liar wey deactivate account and run away?

So you never no say allah is the Hebrew name for Satan, this one wey you dey form original
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

So you never no say allah is the Hebrew name for Satan, this one wey you dey form original

Can't you keep mute for once and must you "chook mouth" in to all discussions here?
And you telling lies again that Allah is the Hebrew name for Satan. Which Hebrew Lexicon states this?
This your "Christ-like behavior" na wa o! You tell lies brazenly and type recklessly without an ounce of thought!

May Allah guide us away from the liars and deniers...!
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by AntiChristian: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Pained? No! Holy Spirit don forget you tipe!!

The OP don flee. Na liar like you!

See another lie! Oya write the Hebrew name of Satan here and quote your Lexicon source!
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
AntiChristian:
Pained? No! Holy Spirit don forget you tipe!!

The OP don flee. Na liar like you!

See another lie! Oya write the Hebrew name of Satan here and quote your Lexicon source!

No be your brother be the OP, are you not from the same religion of allah? Shi'a vs Sunnis fighters
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by AntiChristian: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

No be your brother be the OP, are you not from the same religion of allah? Shi'a vs Sunnis fighters

See olodo rabata! He is not a Shi'a! You really have a lot to learn! Catholic and Anglican no be the same Just like Cele and Cherubim!
Re: Important Correction on Solat!!!! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

See olodo rabata! He is not a Shi'a! You really have a lot to learn! Catholic and Anglican no be the same Just like Cele and Cherubim!

Did I said he's a Shi'a Muslim? Read my post again. I said You're both from the same religion of allah, bobo let allah guides you to read my post without making any mistake

(1) (Reply)

Was Prophet Mohamed A Book Pirate ? / Debating With Non-muslims / The Reformation Of The Nation Of Islam(NOI) Is Not Yet Complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.