Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From (351 Views)

Amotekun Combs South-West Forests For Fleeing Terrorists From The North-West / Sunday Igboho Issues Another Quit Notice To Fulanis In Yorubaland. / IGP Adamu Orders Arrest Of Sunday Igboho Over Eviction Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by deantimes(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Popular Yoruba activist Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho has issued a fresh eviction notice to violent herdsmen residing in forests reserves in the South-West geo-political zone.

The new order made on Wednesday comes five months after he issued a similar directive in January, an ultimatum which elicited mixed reactions nationwide.

Mr Igboho who issued the new eviction order through his spokesman, Oluyomi Koiki, vowed to implement his threat beginning from Monday, June 21, 2021.

“We want all Fulani on Yoruba land to leave. I, myself will monitor compliance to the eviction notice,” Mr Igboho vowed. “I don’t issue an order without ensuring compliance. As from Monday, we don’t want to hear of any kidnapping in Yorubaland again. I will show them the stuff Yoruba people are made of.

“Tell President Buhari, if he doesn’t understand Yoruba, tell him in English Language that we don’t want bandits in our zone again. Work has begun already and as from Monday, I will begin combing all forests in Yoruba land.

“How can six million people be commanding about 250 million other Nigerians? Marriage is not by force. We can’t live with you again.

“Yoruba nation is a vehicle of salvation and I want all Yoruba to board the vehicle and have their seats.

“There is no going back on the agitation for the Yoruba nation. How can we go back when we are almost at our destination? Those who have not joined us should do so now because there’s no election coming in 2023. Yoruba will go,” the activist added.

Last month, 17 state governors from Southern Nigeria banned open grazing to secure lives and properties and prevent age-long clashes between farmers and herders who now bear AK-47 rifles.

The action of the governors irked Nigerians from the Northern regions including the officials of federal government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/igboho-issues-fresh-eviction-notice-to-herdsmen-to-comb-south-west-forests-from-monday/amp/
Re: Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by Temmylee01(m): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
As much as I think igboho is trying to do the right thing how I wish the kings in Yoruba land would support him and lend their voices publicly it would have be a good thing.
Re: Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by Fahdiga1: 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
Igboho is the greatest Yoruba man alive or dead
Re: Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by deantimes(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
grin

Another round of shivering in Northern Nigeria is expected.
Re: Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by RisenJoe(m): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
No man would in his right senses watch as his house burns down and refuse to take action atleast to arrest the fire....

Having said this, we all know that Nigeria is on fire and those who set it on fire are those who are stopping people from parking out their belongings before it becomes engulf in the flames.....

I support people who want to save themselves from this fire that is ravaging every nook and cranny of this nation, stopping them means that you are an enemy of their survival and they will rightly fight you with all they've got...

Let there be peaceful separation now or we will have a violent divorce....
Re: Igboho Issues Fresh Eviction Notice To Herdsmen, To Comb South-west Forests From by OduduwaYoruba: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2021
Peaceful herdsmen + violent herdsmen = violent herdmen.
Therefore, all herdsmen should be given a marching order.

(1) (Reply)

NBA, Oyo Fault Buhari’s Grazing Routes Gazette / Air Peace Is A Globally Competitive Aviation Powerhouse Says Senator Ifeanyi Uba / Osinbajo: Those Waiting For Nigeria To Break Up Will Be Sorely Disappointed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.