Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 (48240 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96 / Presidents Buhari, Lungu, Others Mourn Kenneth Kaunda / Beji Caid Essebsi Is Dead! Tunisian President Dies Aged 92 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:

Ethnicity & Religion have never allowed us succeed.

Zambia is not as prosperous as Nigeria..(per capita gdp is less than Nigeria)..we are at the same level...and would you blame ethnicity and religon for Zambia's issues too?

Nigeria's problem is not ethnicity and religon...it is the idea that we can live on revenue from raw materials that we sell. The problem is the prices of these raw materials is never at a level that can sustain us.

And it is the same issue Zambia faces...infact their economy is dependent partly on copper exports. Over ten years ago, copper prices fell..and their economy was dancing like Nigeria's now.

And it is the problems arising from our poor revenue stream that worsens everything else.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by fergie001: 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:

Zambia is not as prosperous as Nigeria..(per capita gdp is less than Nigeria)..we are at the same level...and would you blame ethnicity and religon for Zambia's issues too?

Nigeria's problem is not ethnicity and religon...it is the idea that we can live on revenue from raw materials that we sell. The problem is the prices of these raw materials is never at a level that can sustain us.

And it is the problems arising from our poor revenue stream that worsens everything else.
You think we are where we suppose to be?

I am making comparisons wrt passion. Do our leaders have any modicum of passion for Nigeria?

How can you tell me Nigeria's problem isn't ethnicity & religion? I doubt you are in this country. Go tell MURIC or CAN that now.

Don't make excuses for these people.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:

You think we are where we suppose to be?

I am making comparisons wrt passion. Do our leaders have any modicum of passion for Nigeria?

How can you telle Nigeria's problem isn't ethnicity & religion? I doubt you are in this country. Go tell MURIC that now.

Don't make excuses for these people.

1.That's a big strawman you put up there.

2. Like I said, Nigeria and Zambia's problem is not ethnicity and religion...it is that we are resource dependent nations....who earn a trenous revenue from the raw materials we sell.

3.Go and read my comment again...slowly.

4.Also read this article by Field Ruwe...which is indicative of where I want us to be
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by tradepunter: 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
This is what will happen to Nigeria if our uselsess leaders don't stop borrowing from them

O well when that happens we will cross that bridge
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Rugaria: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Rip great man!
Very unfortunate that those you passed the batons over to are messing things up!
You guys did your best!

Kenneth Kauda!
Ssmoora Mitchell!
Julius Nyerere!
Kwame Nkrumah
Sekou Toure!
Nnamdi Azikiwe!
Robert Mugabe!
Nelson Mandela!
Patrice Lumumba!
Steve Biko!
Frantz Fanon!

Ah!
Africa failed you all..
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by fergie001: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:

1.That's a big strawman you put up there.

2. Like I said, Nigeria and Zambia's problem is not ethnicity and religion...it is that we are resource dependent nations....who earn a trenous revenue from the raw materials we sell.

3.Go and read my comment again...slowly.

4.Also read this article by Field Ruwe...which is indicative of where I want us to be
So once we become non-resource dependent, then we will be a fantastic nation?

So, you are looking at it from a financial POV? Once there is cash, everything will be fine, right?

No P.....
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:

So once we become non-resource dependent, then we will be a fantastic nation?

So, you are looking at it from a financial POV? Once there is cash, everything will be fine, right?

No P.....

Go and read the article I linked....

But to summarize it for you...once we use our raw materials to fuel our industrial development, and once we become an actively exporting industrial nation...we will prosper.

Oil will not save us.

Good evening.

And your strawmen are getting bigger.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by madridsta007(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:
Kenneth David Kaunda, (born April 28, 1924 in Lubwa,) near Chinsali, Northern Rhodesia [now Zambia]), was a politician who led Zambia to independence in 1964 and served as that country’s president until 1991.

SOURCE

Zambia Shall be Free
Kenneth Kaunda.
Africa Writers Series. (Heinneman Publishers). If you know, you know.
Sleep well. Africa is thankful to you.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by fergie001: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:

Noted...
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by manikspears: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:

Ethnicity & Religion have never allowed us succeed.

What are we now going to do?

Shey na like this we go de dey?
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by fergie001: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2021
manikspears:
What are we now going to do? Shey na like this we go de dey?

My bro......I don't know....
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Ndipe(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
May his soul rest in peace. Fought for the liberation of Zambia from colonialism and deserves a state burial.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by papilee77wing(m): 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
who goes there?
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by AfonjaConehead: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Truth is,we got lots of this type of great men in naija but coneheads will rather stand in the sun for hrs and vote for a known tout and failure..

Rip great legend
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Obec70(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
One of African finest mate him years at Zik of Africa burial. A good leader not all this rulers. My condolences
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by tillaman(m): 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Zambia shall be free
Weep not child
RIp Kk

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by AfonjaConehead: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2021
One day,he was on his bicycle going somewhere and a bush path led to where he was going.
It was lonely and there was no one around, only himself, riding on a bicycle. Not too long, from a little distance ahead,he saw a lion on the bush path and he stopped. He was looking at the lion and the big feline, already,I'm sure, thanking his God for providing it's next meal in its heart,was also staring at him...but Kaunda wasn't scared all that,he was brave and had a mission to complete..but there he was,face to face with imminent danger.. something goes wrong and he might become a TV screen superstar ,watch by millions while being feasted on by a pride!!!! No way,not me,he must have said to himself.

He made some loud sound as if to scare the curious but deadly Simba but no,Simba stood still, waiting for a chance..
Kenny then threw some sticks and other items but yet, Felix Leo still Randa gidigba..
Kenny now thought,"which Kain wahala be dis,nah,who send you come,ain't you gonna tell them say I nor dey house?"

In a final desperate move,Kaunda now gathered some courage and strength and picked up his bicycle and waved it left, right,up and down menacingly and, with the speed of sound,Simba became like a frightened puppy and disappeared into the forest.
Kenneth Kaunda was always unstoppable and always victorious.

Lzaa Imhotep adolfhitlerxxx I tried nah cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by RealAlubarika(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
beautyhd:
I read one of his books. Zambia must be free

RIP sir

Read sane during my secondary school days
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by chinedu2henry: 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
According to Achebe in his book "There was a Country" Kenneth Kaunda and Julius Nyerere of Tanzania were the first African Leaders to lend their voice in support of Biafra. For that and other reasons I celebrate him.
RIP KK may your soul find eternal rest.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
Triquetra:
We dont know what he actually did but my instinct told me he was a very great leader, even for him to share a moment with Martin luther king jnr......its worth it..

RIP legend of Zambia
great leader who held to power for years...
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by zinaunreal(m): 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
The guy just old since them born am. See all his pic
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by LZAA: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
One day,he was on his bicycle going somewhere and a bush path led to where he was going.
It was lonely and there was no one around, only himself, riding on a bicycle. Not too long, from a little distance ahead,he saw a lion on the bush path and he stopped. He was looking at the lion and the big feline, already,I'm sure, thanking his God for providing it's next meal in its heart,was also staring at him...but Kaunda wasn't scared all that,he was brave and had a mission to complete..but there he was,face to face with imminent danger.. something goes wrong and he might become a TV screen superstar ,watch by millions while being feasted on by a pride!!!! No way,not me,he must have said to himself.

He made some loud sound as if to scare the curious but deadly Simba but no,Simba stood still, waiting for a chance..
Kenny then threw some sticks and other items but yet, Felix Leo still Randa gidigba..
Kenny now thought,"which Kain wahala be dis,nah,who send you come,ain't you gonna tell them say I nor dey house?"

In a final desperate move,Kaunda now gathered some courage and strength and picked up his bicycle and waved it left, right,up and down menacingly and, with the speed of sound,Simba became like a frightened puppy and disappeared into the forest.
Kenneth Kaunda was always unstoppable and always victorious.

Lzaa Imhotep adolfhitlerxxx I tried nah cool
Nice piece

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by Technocracy: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Rest in peace one of Africas foremost nationalist who always stood by the truth spoke the truth even when everyone found it hard speak up. That is why world dominated by imperialist opressors will find it hard to celebrate you.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by steadieus: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
RIP.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by manikspears: 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:

My bro......I don't know....

Lol......doesn't that mean that Nigeria is in SOUP?
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by hush15: 9:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie001:
Kenneth David Kaunda, (born April 28, 1924 in Lubwa,) near Chinsali, Northern Rhodesia [now Zambia]), was a politician who led Zambia to independence in 1964 and served as that country’s president until 1991.

SOURCE

He for no die now...
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by planetx: 2:56am On Jun 18, 2021
adolfHitler1934:
I can sight Emperor Heil Silesia of Ethiopia, Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia and Mobutu Sese Seko Mabanga of Congo former Zaire.
Robert Mogabe was missing there though.

Our own here will never make such history except to be remembered that he banned Twitter and valued cow above human lives

Great Men of Africa... Rest on.
Emperor Haile Selassie was overthrown in 1974 and Mugabe became president in 1980 so this picture was taken probably late 60's or early 70's.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by ThatFairGuy1: 4:01am On Jun 18, 2021
I thought Buhari is dead, we're being led by jubril El sudaani. undecided

Ipob angry
ValCon888:
And this is how Buhari will die in the future.
But he will not be remembered for anything great except being a failed president, ethnic bigot, Islamic fundamentalist, and nepotistic dullard.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by CoolAmbience(m): 4:53am On Jun 18, 2021
Mokason288:
RIP SIR

When will the mannequin in Aso rock join his age grade for crying out loud?

Buhari and Kaunda na mate?

You can go first...abi your mates wey don go nor dey?
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by gidjah(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
Our president of those years,very popular and powerful ,has mingled with plenty powerful men .He was supposes to go well in bia leadership course, but missed it along the way 'die ruling syndrome of black men"he ended up being an eneny of the state.Kenneth Kaunda.
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by gidjah(m): 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Our president of those years,very popular and powerful ,has mingled with plenty powerful men .He was supposes to go well in bia leadership course, but missed it along the way 'die ruling syndrome of black men"he ended up being an eneny of the state.Kenneth Kaunda.,!
Re: Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 by gidjah(m): 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2021
I got you right bro, I have been following this jbke mans ministry since 90:s.I rember IRIRI AIYEE BY KOLAWOLE OLAWUYI ,remember yinka musician his assistant saga too way back.I also very correctly remember it was this mans matter that pushed Kolawole Olaquyi out of That station as a presenter way way back ?When I come here online and sww children cursing , disrespecting and making jest ...I laugh at their ignorance .I won't also talk about the man publicly ,his ministry is dead and gone !!One down!but his affiliations ...That I won't tall about here because of children .IF YOU ARE A TRUE MINISTER OF GOD WITH REAL DISCERNING SPIRIT,...U WILL SENSE AND CAN MAKE JUDGEMENT .A SPIRIRTUAL MAN CAN JUDGE .IT IS SCRIPTURAL ..LET KIDS SHUT UP and learn .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing / Russian Soldiers Are Like Zombies, Hard To Kill & Tireless - Ukrainian Soldier / ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.