Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. (1825 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / Who Has Applied For And Gotten NATIONAL ID Of Recent (this Month / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Has any one been to Ghana of recent kindly assist. Going for an appointment by month end.

What's the Covid situation like?
Did they require Covid test or vaccine card.
What's it like with travel cost to and fro.
Getting around Accra hotels, Airbnb and all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by PetroDolla2020: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
The covid situation in Ghaba is very much under control.

You are required to have had a covid test in Nigeria not less than 72 hours before arriving at the Accra airport. You will doa mandatory covid test at Accra airport for $50.
Transport costs are much higher in Ghana than Nigeria because instead of subsidy, Ghana has taxes on every liter of petrol.

webshopNG:
Has any one been to Ghana of recent kindly assist. Going for an appointment by month end.

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
In addition to the below, Uber, Bolt your best bet but hold your cash in Cedis to pay. The most hail app drivers don't accept card payment.

There are lots of affordable AirBnB to chose from but beware of scammers posing as AirBnB owners. Always insist on seeing the apartment.

PetroDolla2020:

You are required to have had a covid test in Nigeria not less than 72 hours before arriving at the Accra airport. You will doa mandatory covid test at Accra airport for $50.
Transport costs are much higher in Ghana than Nigeria because instead of subsidy, Ghana has taxes on every liter of petrol.

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 18, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

Thanks much broda
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 18, 2021
bigtt76:
In addition to the below, Uber, Bolt your best bet but hold your cash in Cedis to pay. The most hail app drivers don't accept card payment.

There are lots of affordable AirBnB to chose from but beware of scammers posing as AirBnB owners. Always insist on seeing the apartment.

Thanks for your reply.
How much Ghana cedis do you advise to exchange for 3days stay. Exchangers are operating at the airports at this time?
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by academySteps(m): 12:43am On Jun 18, 2021
webshopNG:

Buzz me before your covid test in Nigeria If you reside in lagos..I will direct you to where you can do it at a cheaper price in lagos

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 6:46am On Jun 18, 2021
Depends on your living tastes though. $100 = GhS 570 and for context,

1. From the airport to your hotel or AirBnB may cost between Ghs20 - 40 via Uber/Bolt depending on the time of the day. It would cost more using the airport taxis.

2. A bottle of 50cl pet coke cost like GhS 5 at the airport or GhS 4 outside

3. A decent KFC (or other posh eateries) meal may set you back like GhS 40 - 60 They have local eateries but beware of food poisoning and ensure you also get your preventive medications like Imodium, activated charcoal tablets etc Malaria tablets and mosquito repellant.

4. Hotel or AirBnB may cost you like $100 a night or less

I will advise you do this on arrival

1. After sorting out your airport tests (if you can pay online better for you), change very little dollars for your first day expense. Airport rates might be exploitive.

2. Get a SIM Card - MTN is popular but wahala too much, Vodafone is good but may have coverage issue depending on your location, Airtel is good too but coverage area may be an issue.

3. Request they enable Mobile money on your line whichever network you chose - might come handy later on. It's a very secure and reliable payment mode here and it's called MoMo

4. Get data on your line to enable you do your Uber searches etc. Try not to use your Nigeria sim card to receive calls or browse. Veery expensive.

5. Your hotel room or AirBnB may come with Internet

Again depending on your location and itinerary in the city, not every where you use Uber /Bolt to, sometimes it might be cheaper to use Trotro (more decent than our danfo buses but very similar). Always ask for directions and how to use the bus before embarking on your local run around.

Avoid exploitive people looking to latch on tourists and protect your mobile phone. Avoid showing off too much. Robberies are now a thing here.

webshopNG:

Thanks for your reply.
How much Ghana cedis do you advise to exchange for 3days stay. Exchangers are operating at the airports at this time?

4 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2021
WebshopNG, Avoid cheap tests so you are not issued fake results and be turned back at the airport. Use renown labs for your tests before departure. Ensure you have your Yellow card too.

academySteps:

Buzz me before your covid test in Nigeria If you reside in lagos..I will direct you to where you can do it at a cheaper price in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2021
bigtt76:
WebshopNG, Avoid cheap tests so you are not issued fake results and be turned back at the airport. Use renown labs for your tests before departure. Ensure you have your Yellow card too.

Thanks a lot
Can you reply DM or
Whatsapp my no below.
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2021
Unfortunately no, any issue?

webshopNG:

Thanks a lot
Can you reply DM or
Whatsapp my no below.
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
bigtt76:
Unfortunately no, any issue?

Ok I'll figure the rest out.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by academySteps(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
bigtt76:

Lol you will just sit at the comfort of your home in ojuelegba and be typing like lawyer.
Oga its people like you that will make others who have dream of travelling not to move anywhere and youve not even crossed oshodi
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thank God for you revealing your own narrative, I pray God open the travel gates for you to see the world in a honest manner. Stop trying to dupe people with fake test results... Idiot!

academySteps:

Lol you will just sit at the comfort of your home in ojuelegba and be typing like lawyer.
Oga its people like you that will make others who have dream of travelling not to move anywhere and youve not even crossed oshodi
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Thank God for you revealing your own narrative, I pray God open the travel gates for you to see the world in a honest manner. Stop trying to dupe people with fake test results... Idiot and your father left leg angry

academySteps:

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Easthood5(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Op if you not gonna stay for long I'll let my bro host you I'm in Kumasi & he's in Accra Madina
I'm a Ghanaian okay.
You can send me email ysamuel880@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
bigtt76:

Hi thanks a lot for you help. I'm there.
Any food recommendation ? This groundnut soup is not going well with my system

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nice one. You can try jollof rice, waakye (mixed rice + beans), yam + egg sauce, banku (corn + cassava mixture) with okro soup, plantain fufu (like our amala made from plantain) with okro etc. You also have lots of Nigerian chop bars (chop bar is equivalent of our buka) depending on the area you are at. Stay safe and out of trouble cheesy

webshopNG:

Hi thanks a lot for you help. I'm there.
Any food recommendation ? This groundnut soup is not going well with my system
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
bigtt76:
Nice one. You can try jollof rice, waakye (mixed rice + beans), yam + egg sauce, banku (corn + cassava mixture) with okro soup, plantain fufu (like our amala made from plantain) with okro etc. You also have lots of Nigerian chop bars (chop bar is equivalent of our buka) depending on the area you are at. Stay safe and out of trouble cheesy

Thanks lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by com1234: 8:49am On Nov 08, 2022
Please is the covid test or card still compulsory in 2022?

Any suggestion on how to go about getting a sim card ?
@biggtt76
And others that have knowledge of it please help.

bigtt76:
Depends on your living tastes though. $100 = GhS 570 and for context,

1. From the airport to your hotel or AirBnB may cost between Ghs20 - 40 via Uber/Bolt depending on the time of the day. It would cost more using the airport taxis.

2. A bottle of 50cl pet coke cost like GhS 5 at the airport or GhS 4 outside

3. A decent KFC (or other posh eateries) meal may set you back like GhS 40 - 60 They have local eateries but beware of food poisoning and ensure you also get your preventive medications like Imodium, activated charcoal tablets etc Malaria tablets and mosquito repellant.

4. Hotel or AirBnB may cost you like $100 a night or less

I will advise you do this on arrival

1. After sorting out your airport tests (if you can pay online better for you), change very little dollars for your first day expense. Airport rates might be exploitive.

2. Get a SIM Card - MTN is popular but wahala too much, Vodafone is good but may have coverage issue depending on your location, Airtel is good too but coverage area may be an issue.

3. Request they enable Mobile money on your line whichever network you chose - might come handy later on. It's a very secure and reliable payment mode here and it's called MoMo

4. Get data on your line to enable you do your Uber searches etc. Try not to use your Nigeria sim card to receive calls or browse. Veery expensive.

5. Your hotel room or AirBnB may come with Internet

Again depending on your location and itinerary in the city, not every where you use Uber /Bolt to, sometimes it might be cheaper to use Trotro (more decent than our danfo buses but very similar). Always ask for directions and how to use the bus before embarking on your local run around.

Avoid exploitive people looking to latch on tourists and protect your mobile phone. Avoid showing off too much. Robberies are now a thing here.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by bigtt76(f): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2022
com1234:

Please is the covid test or card still compulsory in 2022? - Yes you need a fully vaccinated status to enter without being subjected to on-arrival test which cost $50 or being vaccinated at the airport before entry.

Any suggestion on how to go about getting a sim card ? - You can get a SIM card for 30 days use after which you would need a Ghana Card to retain the line if staying beyond 60 days.

@biggtt76
And others that have knowledge of it please help. - Avoid any illegality or criminal behaviour that would put you at logger heads with the authorities. All the best

Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by Konjiboii: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Eeii challey I miss my Ghanian controls, I been dey chop dem baza baza like tuwo.
Re: Has Anybody Been To Ghana Of Recent? This Month Esp. by com1234: 12:09am On Nov 09, 2022
[quote author=bigtt76 post=118218507][/quote]

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Easy Guide To Find Cheap Umrah Package In 2023 / Germany Visa / Australia Tourist Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.