Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos (13798 Views)

Wike Approves Property Tax In Abuja / Non-Indigene Resident Form And Tax In Oba, Anambra Cause Stir Online / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by NGpatriot: 7:13am On Jun 19, 2021
Redoil:
Who is collecting the tax on behalf of lagosians

with the huge tax been collected daily yet nothing to show for it

Lagos my Lagos i hail thee

Even though we see them build and commission major projects everyday while others commission kerosene and wheelbarrow with their allocations and taxes.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 19, 2021
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by toinbeatz(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2021
What have they done with the ones they collected in the past.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by efficiencie(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Una never suffer...una go still suffer more...when election time comes they will pay one artist to create campaign songs and mumu lagosians will start dancing until they vote in another stooge. They will see credible candidate they will not vote for him instead they will say "oh, he does not have the political experience and capacity to be a president/governor" until they vote in another political experienced despotic demagogue!

Nigeria deserves the leaders it gets!
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by pooozeee(m): 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
So increase there salary
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
harjay1986:

the funny things is that the new tax take effect since last month ... the company that i work with just have to do wayo for us by increasing our gross but our net still remain the same naa the mata we still dey settle since

You guys are lucky. Some companies reduced the take home of their staff to meet up with the new paye.

1 Like

Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
codemaniacs:

Yoruba politicians not "our politicians".

Don't tell me you don't understand that the ACT governs the entire country and not just Lagos.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
codemaniacs:

The news is about Lagos State not "for this kwantry".

It is not only Lagos. Read more to get more enlightened.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
BlackBaron:
Increase tax for workers...
And Alpha-Beta still continues collecting 10% on tax returns right?

Tinuke Jagaban and his company still feeding fat on Lagos treasury even in a time of limited resources.
cry
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
tunapawizzy:
Lagosians shouldn't complain,Tinubu 2023, shey na Americans go fund d campaign?

1 Like

Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
codemaniacs:

I'm just saying don't blame the entire country for something that happened in the SW.

Lol. Did you not see Finance Act 2020?
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ayo2004:

Okay,you are right

He is not right. The Law was passed by the National Assembly and therefore applicable to all States in Nigeria. Lagos just seems to be the only one giving its residents full notification.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
tunapawizzy:
Lagosians shouldn't complain,Tinubu 2023, shey na Americans go fund d campaign?

Every state in Nigeria is affected

1 Like

Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by codemaniacs: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
agabusta:

It is not only Lagos. Read more to get more enlightened.
agabusta:

Don't tell me you don't understand that the ACT governs the entire country and not just Lagos.
agabusta:

Lol. Did you not see Finance Act 2020?

Lagos is the first to implement... other states haven't implemented it.. so for now, its just Lagos...
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by harjay1986: 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
agabusta:

You guys are lucky. Some companies reduced the take home of their staff to meet up with the new paye.

if I have my way i will not pay the money bro because i can remember during the lock down the tax payer are all neglected
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by Ayo2004: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
agabusta:

He is not right. The Law was passed by the National Assembly and therefore applicable to all States in Nigeria. Lagos just seems to be the only one giving its residents full notification.
Na him sabi...he just wan use style troll SW
Me no get time for all that kin banter
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by agabusta: 5:33am On Jun 20, 2021
codemaniacs:

Lagos is the first to implement... other states haven't implemented it.. so for now, its just Lagos...

It is not the state that will implement Oga. You people just like to argue.

Lagos as a pacesetter is only giving organisations advance notification and explanation.

It is the employer that will implement. Both private and public. All what tax authorities will do afterwards is to audit. And they don't do this Audit often, but when they finally have your time and do the Audit, no matter how many years, they will calculate your short falls and give you. They may even slam you some penalty fine.

That was why I said you need to read more to get more informed.

Once the law is passed by the National Assembly and signed to law by the president, all employers Nationwide are expected to comply. It does not need any special implementation.

For companies that have branches all over Nigeria, like banks and others, the implementation is effected across-the-board nationwide.

Standard well-managed organisations will implement immediately the law is gazetted as they do not always want to run foul of tax authorities.

This advisory is mainly even coming from PWC, I don't know how it became a Lagos issue sef.
Re: LIRS: Workers To Pay More Income Tax In Lagos by Cabardin: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2021
It frustrates me how difficult it is to find out accurate and correct Tax information today. I've heard stories from people I know that they had misunderstandings about taxes, and I had a case where it turned out I was overpaying taxes. And so I started to read more about taxes and laws in our country.
But it's an even more unpleasant situation when a person is entitled to a tax exemption, and no one informs him about it. Or on the contrary, can receive benefits, and while the documents aren't drawn up, the money isn't accrued. And one has to hope for the quality of work of state institutions and that they'll tell what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax / Edo 2024: Shaibu Has The Right To Contest – Obaseki / Picture Of A BRT Bus Being Pushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.