Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? (2131 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy / My Brother Bought A Dog, But I Don't Know The Specie! Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Okpotud(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2021
She's just four days in place and she's not eating very well, the man that sold her to me told me he feed them with all kinds of food. She only ate goat meat pepper soup, fish pepper soup and noodles prepared with egg. She's eating well now, thank u guys i took most of advised from here and in just two weeks my pupp is looking really beautiful each time i walk her out around my neighborhood almost everyone is loving her.

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
I hope the pepper soup you’ve been feeding isn’t the one we cook with spices and all o? These animals can be sensitive to all these things at this age, curtail the amount of spicy human food you feed. That’s a beautiful puppy you’ve got(looks like a pure sable GSD, but also looks like a GSD mix). Just feed the puppy well with enough protein and it’s gonna do great.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Okpotud(m): 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
Haroldjunior:
I hope the pepper soup you’ve been feeding isn’t the one we cook with spices and all o? These animals can be sensitive to all these things at this age, curtail the amount of spicy human food you feed. That’s a beautiful puppy you’ve got(looks like a pure sable GSD, but also looks like a GSD mix). Just feed the puppy well with enough protein and it’s gonna do great.
please I'm a first timer, do know any home made food i can feed her with?
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
Okpotud:
please I'm a first timer, do know any home made food i can feed her with?

Spaghetti/noodles together with meat/fish/egg should do,Add some milk (atleast once in a while)
Note:if you're home feeding her remember to give her multivitamins
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Okpotud(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Spaghetti/noodles together with meat/fish/egg should do,Add some milk (atleast once in a while)
Ok, I've started giving her multivitamins

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Okpotud(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

can i still feed her with our normal human food?
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Okpotud:
Yh well it all depends on you (your budget)and your dog (some dogs can be picky) the main side effect is MALNUTRITION as your pup might not be getting the necessary nutrients it needs

For example,when my pup was growing up I was more focused on giving her more of protein (meat/fish/egg) and calcium (bone),some days she'll consume a whole chicken grin (This helped her growth)

But it's advisable to feed your pup with puppy food atleast till it's 8 months old (this is essential for their growth and bone formation), it'll enable your puppy grow well and strong without you worrying much.....by the way how old is she?
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
Okpotud:
Yes, once in a while. Not the ones that contain much spice. It’s best you cook for them, they sell crushed noodles in most pet stores, you can get that, cook it with little stock cube, salt and mix with fish, meat, dog food, or whatever form of protein you have to spice up their appetite. I’m sure there are cheap forms of protein around you. You can get catfish digestive tract, wash, cook and use to prepare food for the puppy. Cod liver oil is also very vital.

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Walekennel: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
Okpotud:
Yes you can,but not all the time you can indomie waste with chicken head you can see for 10naira per one i.e my location i dont know fr yours.
Feed her with egg,meat,rice,milk give her more protein.
Nice dog you gat there
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2021
As a puppy, your dog needs enough protein. For the feeding, you can go for regular dry food, canned food or personally prepared food. And for personally prepared,
I'd advice you to use rice because, spaghetti or noodles are fibers, this will cause your dog's poo to be watery and it's not a healthy sight. For your protein you can use either egg, meat or fish.
You can prepare it by cooking your rice white(no salt) then pre heat (egg or meat or fish) then mix with the rice, add either olive oil, palm oil or coconut oil, then add carrots and spinach.
Feeding your puppy taking milk, milk should stop when she's 4months of age, so as to avoid diarrhea. As of now, she needs enough milk and eggs(pre heat for 2 minutes) mixed together in the morning an hour before she eats her main food. You can do this once or twice a week.
You can get Xtreme booster, multivitamins, zito booster oil as supplements.

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 8:45am On Jun 19, 2021
Okpotud:
She's just four days in place and she's not eating very well, the man that sold her to me told me he feed them with all kinds of food. She only ate goat meat pepper soup, fish pepper soup and noodles prepared with egg..
As a puppy, your dog needs enough protein. For the feeding, you can go for regular dry food, canned food or personally prepared food. And for personally prepared,
I'd advice you to use rice because, spaghetti or noodles are fibers, this will cause your dog's poo to be watery and it's not a healthy sight. For your protein you can use either egg, meat or fish.
You can prepare it by cooking your rice white(no salt) then pre heat (egg or meat or fish) then mix with the rice, add either olive oil, palm oil or coconut oil, then add carrots and spinach.
Feeding your puppy taking milk, milk should stop when she's 4months of age, so as to avoid diarrhea. As of now, she needs enough milk and eggs(pre heat for 2 minutes) mixed together in the morning an hour before she eats her main food. You can do this once or twice a week.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
harmargedon:
Fibers don’t cause watery poop o boss. Fibers actually help solidify stool bro... fibers regulate constipation... plus noodles and pasta no be just fiber na, you just dey exaggerate the thing. It’s when the food is not prepared properly, taken in too fast that it can lead to loose stool. Plus, why would you say a dog needs milk till it’s 4 months? Why would their mum wean them if they’d still need the milk? Look bro, dogs have a tendency to enjoy human foods and, like other human foods, evaporated milk should only be given to a dog in moderation. Just because you see them enjoy eating it doesn’t make it healthy for them. It is important to understand that many dogs are lactose intolerant and drinking cow's milk or concentrated versions of cow's milk, such as evaporated milk, can cause stomach upsets. Plus OP, abeg no give that puppy anything wey contain chocolate. Have a nice day, and raise that puppy well.

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 12:52am On Jun 23, 2021
Haroldjunior:

Fibers don’t cause watery poop o boss. Fibers actually help solidify stool bro... fibers regulate constipation... plus noodles and pasta no be just fiber na, you just dey exaggerate the thing. It’s when the food is not prepared properly, taken in too fast that it can lead to loose stool. Plus, why would you say a dog needs milk till it’s 4 months? Why would their mum weaned by their mum if they’d still need the milk? Look bro, dogs have a tendency to enjoy human foods and, like other human foods, evaporated milk should only be given to a dog in moderation. Just because you see them enjoy eating it doesn’t make it healthy for them. It is important to understand that many dogs are lactose intolerant and drinking cow's milk or concentrated versions of cow's milk, such as evaporated milk, can cause stomach upsets. Plus OP, abeg no give that puppy anything wey contain chocolate. Have a nice day, and raise that puppy well.
I don't enjoy argument, but I guess experience teaches faster. I said he should stop feeding his dog milk after 4 months and not before, because you cannot tell a dog that's lactose intolerant until you've experienced it. I learnt all these the late way. Whenever you give a beginner and advice, let him understand the reason for such, not because it works for you, doesn't mean it would go the same way for him.

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
harmargedon:
I don't enjoy argument, but I guess experience teaches faster. I said he should stop feeding his dog milk after 4 months and not before, because you cannot tell a dog that's lactose intolerant until you've experienced it. I learnt all these the late way. Whenever you give a beginner and advice, let him understand the reason for such, not because it works for you, doesn't mean it would go the same way for him.
Oga what are you even saying? Who is arguing here? You posting screenshots of things gotten from the internet like it’s not the same thing I was talking about! I obviously pointed out giving them human food only in moderation, and it had to be prepared properly. Omo, OP, just take care of your puppy.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Haroldjunior:

Oga what are you even saying? Who is arguing here? You posting screenshots of things gotten from the internet like it’s not the same thing I was talking about! I obviously pointed out giving them human food only in moderation, and it had to be prepared properly. Omo, OP, just take care of your puppy.
I never said anything about human food. I'll assume you never read what I wrote. Adios!!!

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 10:34am On Jun 24, 2021
harmargedon:
I never said anything about human food. I'll assume you never read what I wrote. Adios!!!
The rice you mentioned, na wetin? Guy what are you even saying? Shey rice no be human food? grin grin grin
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

The rice you mentioned, na wetin? Guy what are you even saying? Shey rice no be human food? grin grin grin

Let's all calm down hmmm....... there are a diverse way/approach to this and we all have our methods, methods that we've been using and its working fine for all of us.... besides one man's food is another man's poison (I've seen dogs that won't even eat noodles/spaghetti whereas some will even eat it bare without you adding anything) and no man is an island of knowledge,what you know I might not know and vice versa,we all get to learn everyday and that is why this forum was created

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

so chicken meat, beef, fish, are dog food abi? I don't think you know how to read or own a dog.

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by harmargedon: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Let's all calm down hmmm....... there are a diverse way/approach to this and we all have our methods, methods that we've been using and its working fine for all of us.... besides one man's food is another man's poison (I've seen dogs that won't even eat noodles/spaghetti whereas some will even eat it bare without you adding anything) and no man is an island of knowledge,what you know I might not know and vice versa,we all get to learn everyday and that is why this forum was created
I don't think the guy knows how to read.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by tatutatu: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

if I may ask, what do you think dry dog food and canned dog food are made of? the guy earlier made sense with his write up, he even attached proof to back it up. you haven't written anything other than attack people who wrote theirs. signing out.

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
harmargedon:
so chicken meat, beef, fish, are dog food abi? I don't think you know how to read or own a dog.
This guy you be comedian o grin grin grin
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
tatutatu:
if I may ask, what do you think dry dog food and canned dog food are made of? the guy earlier made sense with his write up, he even attached proof to back it up. you haven't written anything other than attack people who wrote theirs. signing out.
I'm not even sure you read anything here at all before commenting... I dey tire for una at times o. Now you're saying that all I've done is "attack people who wrote theirs...". Baba please read prior conversations properly before commenting. I never attacked anyone. All I did was give an advice based on what he wrote, and the both of you now are just talking wayyyyyy off point. Omo, y'all have a wonderful day. E be like say I go stop to advice people concerning their dogs.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by tranxo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

I'm not even sure you read anything here at all before commenting... I dey tire for una at times o. Now you're saying that all I've done is "attack people who wrote theirs...". Baba please read prior conversations properly before commenting. I never attacked anyone. All I did was give an advice based on what he wrote, and the both of you now are just talking wayyyyyy off point. Omo, y'all have a wonderful day. E be like say I go stop to advice people concerning their dogs.

And petlander will die abi? Lol. Special Adviser.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
tranxo:

And petlander will die abi? Lol. Special Adviser.
The last time I saw something like you, I flushed it down the toilet... I do not have time for neverdowells like you. Jobless zebra!
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by tranxo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

The last time I saw something like you, I flushed it down the toilet... I do not have time for neverdowells like you. Jobless zebra!
Lol. Dreamer. Jobberman
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Haroldjunior: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

See ehn guy, we both actually want the best for the puppy. But the other guy now dey feel say me and am dey get argument or dey drag who get knowledge pass... all I did was give an advice based on the loop I saw in the advice he gave... but him now come dey go online dey do research like say I been talk otherwise the same thing they wrote in the screenshots he posted. I specifically pointed out feeding in small portions, and also, I corrected him when he made mention of noodles and spaghetti being fibers, and talks about fiber causing loose stool and all that. The puppy isn't mine, I just want to enlighten the owner, gaskiya!

1 Like

Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

Sir,nobody said you're wrong,I was only trying to say there's no need to argue over it,you gave your opinion and he also gave his own too...infact we both suggested noodles and pasta and till now they're a huge part of my dog's favorite dish/delicacy and she's doing fine... although just like harmageddon said sometimes I notice watery poo (although only when I add Jojo can food so I guess this might be the cause) but that doesn't mean it is dangerous for the dog (see it as telling a teen not to take junks not that it will outrightly harm the teen but such a kid might end up spending quality time in the toilet)

In conclusion,no one is wrong here he has a reason for not wanting to use noodles and pasta,that doesn't flag the pasta and noodles as dangerous for the dog's health,I hope you get what I mean...After I noticed the watery poo I reduced the pasta/noodles routine and because I was suspicious of the can food causing it,most times I either give her red meat/chicken meat.
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Haroldjunior:

See ehn guy, we both actually want the best for the puppy. But the other guy now dey feel say me and am dey get argument or dey drag who get knowledge pass... all I did was give an advice based on the loop I saw in the advice he gave... but him now come dey go online dey do research like say I been talk otherwise the same thing they wrote in the screenshots he posted. I specifically pointed out feeding in small portions, and also, I corrected him when he made mention of noodles and spaghetti being fibers, and talks about fiber causing loose stool and all that. The puppy isn't mine, I just want to enlighten the owner, gaskiya!
Alright
Re: What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? by Okpotud(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2021
She's eating very well now and learning command as well thanks to you guys for the advised u shared here..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd / sold... / Dog Breeder: 9 Months Old Female Caucasian Sherpherd Needs A New Home In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.