Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph (1198 Views)

Official Commissioning Of International Conference Centre Awka(video&photos) / Anambra International Convention Centre, Awka Nears Completion: PICTURES / Collapse Of Imo International Conference Centre Built By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2021
As Anambra International Conference Center nears completion, Governor Willie Obiano has challenged owners and operators of hotel business in Anambra to think of businesses they can do, leveraging on the center.

Governor Obiano was speaking during an inspection visit to the center in company of Hoteliers in Anambra state.

According to the Governor who encouraged hotel owners to build more infrastructure as the ones already in existence can no longer service the surging population, he asked them to begin to brand their hotels using known global brands.

He said that with Anambra international airport in place, more international people will begin to view Anambra as a destination.

Governor Obiano said that with the inauguration of the ICC, Anambra would further become a hub for hospitality, in addition to the huge investment his administration has attracted.

The Governor, while charging the contractor to deliver as scheduled, promised to complete all the signature projects in line with specifications.

He however promised prompt completion of the ICC, to host national and international Conferences and other activities that will boost the economy of the state.

Conducting the team round the facility, the Commissioner for Housing, Architect Michael Okonkwo who said that the auditorium alone is about eight basketball fields, pointed out that the governor had fully ordered for materials and would always ensure quality delivery.

The Contractor, Mr. Mark Tu said that they are trying to push the project faster than they used to, to ensure timely delivery, assuring that they will finish installing the internal ceilings in two weeks time.

He added that they will start to install the lift and escalator next Wednesday, to fully deliver the project by the end of July.

Speaking after the inspection on behalf of the hotel owners, the Traditional Ruler of Umueri, Igwe Ben Emeka who promised to embrace the Governor's advice, described the ICC as a legacy project which was designed in line with international best standard, adding that it will project the state to limelight.

Commissioner for Works, Engineer Marcel Ifejiofor, member representing Dunukofia, Mr Lawrence Ezeudu, some of the project consultants, among others were also present

Lalasticlala

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
More

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Fahdiga1: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
Another uncompleted project loading. His trademark

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
Please He should stop dragging Bishops around.

He can gather the whole ground and go there..

Till November ka anyi neta onye owuna na Onu ogugu Olu..

His Lordship's should stop heeding to such invitations.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Henix(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
There are still a lot of work to be done at the site

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Henix(m): 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Please He should stop dragging Bishops around

Is he dragging them with rope, or are they been forced out from their house for such tour?

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
Henix:

Is he dragging them with ropes?

Yes, If the bishop refuses it will seem as if he is not in support of the growth of the church.

No compromise at this moment till the blow is delivered in November.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Uncompleted project loading. His trademark
Obiano have till March 2022 for his tenure, the project will be ready before November election save my post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Fahdiga1: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102854884:

Obiano have till March 2022 for his tenure, the project will be ready before November election save my post
let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Dovegrey: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Uncompleted project loading. His trademark

Ewu yoruba even Nsukka is more developed than ur forest Ekiti state.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
Henix:

Is he dragging them with rope, or are they been forced out from their houses for such tour?
The boy share the same brain with Ewu ndi Ugwu

2 Likes

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Dovegrey: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2021
Anambra amaka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Fahdiga1: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2021
Dovegrey:

Ewu yoruba even Nsukka is more developed than ur forest Ekiti state.
Anyi ma ndi bu ndi

2 Likes

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by imaxdocuments: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2021
Great project. This is the largest international conference centre in Nigeria. Awka amaka

2 Likes

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102854953:

The boy share the same brain with Ewu ndi Ugwu

Apga will soon be done and dusted by eghu ndi ugwu.

Otondo local politician. Kee Ife Ima.
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by DrSamOnowu87(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102854884:

Super story. Why wait till d final days of his tenure to start such project when we should be talking of it's gain to d state. Ofcourse,we know he is campaiging for his successor.
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Dovegrey: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Anyi ma ndi bu ndi
Onye ofe mmanu

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Apga will soon be done and dusted by eghu ndi ugwu.

Otondo local politician. Kee Ife Ima.
Me and you dey this forum no time for utobo now until after election.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Super story. Why wait till d final days of his tenure to start such project when we should be talking of it's gain to d state. Ofcourse,we know he is campaiging for his successor.
No Wahala just watchout that was what cynical minds like you said about Anambra airport guess the stage now grin grin soon you will see the new update of the wonderful edifice both interior and exterior of the cargo Airport and the dual carriageway of Anambra Airport

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102855238:

Me and you they this forum no time for utobo now until after election.

Mtcheew

Kwughaa n'uzo Biko.
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by DrSamOnowu87(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2021
This thing nearing completion?
Every sensible govt with less than 1 year to go should be commissioning all it's giant,state of d art project and not making empty boast,promises,lavishing money on media/press and logistic advertising unrealistic project and inadvertently campaiging for d would be successor.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
This thing nearing completion?
Every sensible govt with less than 1 year to go should be commissioning all it's giant,state of d art project with lesr than 1yr to go and making empty boast,promises,lavishing money on media/press,logistic advertising unrealistic project and inadvertently campaiging for d would be successor.

You have enough time to criticise him if he didn't finish the project before the end of his tenure next year

See the last update of the conference centre as at 17th of March this year compare the progress
https://www.nairaland.com/6459227/update-anambra-international-conference-center

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by DrSamOnowu87(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102855652:

You have enough time to criticise him if he didn't finish the project before end of his tenure next year

See the last update of the conference centre as at 17th of March this year compare the progress
https://www.nairaland.com/6459227/update-anambra-international-conference-center
My brother,i hope he finishes it b4 leaving office. This is a gigantic & commendable project but shud ve be finished b4 now,we shud be calculating d gains and not touring,making promises of completion,same with d airport project. Doing it now makes it look like it is for campaign purposes,which 70% it is. He shud curb d alarming rate of agbero,touts in d state & concentrate on roads. 80% of d citizens has no need of dis conference centre/airport but 99% have need of good tarred roads & sane,secured environment.
kudos 2 d infos,ur update here. Also tel him dat my pple of Unubi are still waiting 4 him over his numerous unfulfilled promises esp. d road to Akwa Ihedi.

1 Like

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
My brother,i hope he finishes it b4 leaving office. This is a gigantic & commendable project but shud ve be finished b4 now,we shud be calculating d gains and not touring,making promises of completion,same with d airport project. Doing it now makes it look like it is for campaign purposes,which 70% it is. He shud curb d alarming rate of agbero,touts in d state & concentrate on roads. 80% of d citizens has no need of dis conference centre/airport but 99% have need of good tarred roads & sane,secured environment.
kudos 2 d infos,ur update here. Also tel him dat my pple of Unubi are still waiting 4 him over his numerous unfulfilled promises esp. d road to Akwa Ihedi.
Campaign will start August election November it's till far, I know Gov Obiano he will not like anybody to glory of the project he intiated, I'm very optimistic he will finish the project before November last week I visited site they where doing landscape, it was on Sunday, they were on site working

Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by hedonido: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
Where is the ICC located in Anambra? Is it in the same area as the airport?
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
hedonido:
Where is the ICC located in Anambra? Is it in the same area as the airport?
Awka
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by EMMY76: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2021
How many times will obiano inspect this project why not allow the engineers complete the work before all these inspections? This project is not even massive enough if you compare it to what other state governors are building in their various states.
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by DrSamOnowu87(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2021
post=102856516:

Campaign will start August election November it's till far, I know Gov Obiano he will not like anybody to glory of the project he intiated, I'm very optimistic he will finish the project before November last week I visited site they where doing landscape, it was on Sunday, they were on site working
I was expecting u to say something about roads in d state. If u ply all d roads leading to d biggest market in West Africa 'main market'. u wil mercy for d traders,transporters making use of dat road on daily basis & be ashamed of d state. This market generates d highest revenue/return to d state coffers more than every oda market in d state. If u also ply d Road leading to Nnobi>Awka-Etiti>Ichida>Igboukwu>Isuofia d home of his would b anointed successor Soludo u wil be filled with fury. Anambra state has taken over 4rm Lagos as d number 1 agbero,touts hub in d federation.We've neva had it dis bad b4. He shud buckle up.This tins matters to pple dan d airport &ICC
Re: Gov Obiano/anambra Hotel Owners Inspect International Conference Centre, Awka(ph by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Good.. I like how you said buckle up. What do you think he's supposed to do at this point. I don't know what the state budget looks like but if you can give a rough estimate and best possible way to invest it in Roads and evacuation of touts taking into consideration the projects at hand I'll really appreciate. Thank you in advance, and don't get me wrong, I understand that access roads are more basic than ICC but Obiano can't fix all the roads na, even the next Governor can't, and you should know somethings are just as important as roads.. Electricity to begin with which Obiano took into consideration, health too is basic and the man did something in these sectors even tho he didn't touch the entire state. I don't ply these roads you mentioned so I don't know your pain but I've seen good roads in Anambra and it is wrong to hang a man without a fair trial.
DrSamOnowu87:
I was expecting u to say something about roads in d state. If u ply all d roads leading to d biggest market in West Africa 'main market'. u wil mercy for d traders,transporters making use of dat road on daily basis & be ashamed of d state. This market generates d highest revenue/return to d state coffers more than every oda market in d state. If u also ply d Road leading to Nnobi>Awka-Etiti>Ichida>Igboukwu>Isuofia d home of his would b anointed successor Soludo u wil be filled with fury. Anambra state has taken over 4rm Lagos as d number 1 agbero,touts hub in d federation.We've neva had it dis bad b4. He shud buckle up.This tins matters to pple dan d airport &ICC

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pro. Akinyemi O: Nigeria Cannot Defeat The Igbo And Yoruba At The Same Time / Simon Epka Vs Kanu's Secretary: IPOB Leaders Clash Over Money / Pray For Southern Kaduna Buhari Is Killing Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.