Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara (29663 Views)

Raphael Babatunde Adeniyi: Missing UNILORIN Professor (Photo) / Update About Missing Unilorin Student!!!!!! / Missing Unilorin Student Found In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Ayomarcel(m): 7:53am On Jun 19, 2021
Hopefully he is found alive.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by olanikeh: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2021
I pray he is still alive and well
My prayers are with him and his family
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Abeyjide: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2021
I pray he will return home safely.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by AljaanIVQ007(m): 7:54am On Jun 19, 2021
I hope he get found,I hope he is not a sadist tho?
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by KosiGee(m): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2021
Police shouldn’t have disclosed this news.

The kidnappers are playing mind games. They will be nearby watching and monitoring the child to see how detectives deal with him. They know he wouldn’t be harmed. The phone might have been planted for the boy to pick it up and play as toy. He might not be able to give a credible lead or say who gave it to him.

If the detective team were more professional, they would’ve had the kidnappers by now.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Abeyjide: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Skull miners at work in Kwara

Get sense
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by xmaticguy(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Mathematics department if I recollect.eyah.ale police do the needful
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by AuroraB(f): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Baby girl......make una dey read
Did the News specifically say anything else but it was found in Lafiagi Lafiagi is a town in Kwara State. Was it found on someone? Explain to me as you read pass me
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 19, 2021
palsenator:

Honestly we are backward... By now they should have run a test of every phone on the same mast with his own in Tanke and the Lafiaji.

Tech has advanced but we chose to be behind

They probably have...but using phone mast records only shows where the phone was...it does not indicate whether the owner of the phone was with the phone, or whether the phone was used by the owner at that time.

It is possible he dropped the phone at the ATM when he was kidnapped, and someone picked it up and used it..and dashed his bro in Lafiaji as a gift. Or someone in the area who was visiting Illorin from Lafiaji picked the phone and played finders keepers. Either scenairo, if it happened, renders the phone mast evidence useless.

1 Like

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by AuroraB(f): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2021
iwaeda:

Police said the phone was found with a small boy.
Please if you live in Lafiaji help us to follow up.
This is more like it! Found with a small boy.... and, No, I don't live in Kwara State
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Romanoff(f): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2021
Musty112:
Seeing detective series only makes me aware of how much we are behind in crime solving. By now a solid lead should have been established but then......May he be found alive and in peace

No database na. No fetal records, no DMV, no solid bank paper trail, no digital prints etc.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 19, 2021
KosiGee:
Police shouldn’t have disclosed this news.

The kidnappers are playing mind games. They will be nearby watching and monitoring the child to see how detectives deal with him. They know he wouldn’t be harmed. The phone might have been planted for the boy to pick it up and play as toy. He might not be able to give a credible lead or say who gave it to him.

If the detective team were more professional, they would’ve had the kidnappers by now.

Or the Kidnappers dropped the phone to throw the police off the scent.

All it just takes is someone dumping the phone in the opposite direction
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by DivineDynamics: 8:13am On Jun 19, 2021
God will restore peace to our land in Jesus name.

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by filleSouriante(f): 8:21am On Jun 19, 2021
iwaeda:
Earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6607293/raphael-babatunde-adeniyi-missing-unilorin

Missing Unilorin Professor’s Phone Found At Lafiagi, Kwara

https://dailypost.ng/2021/06/18/missing-unilorin-professors-phone-found-at-lafiagi-kwara/

Lord please, wherever he is protect him and bring him back to us safe and sound. He is one of the good lecturers i know. The man no dey find wahala, na jeje him dey waka hin waka. Just to withdraw money from GTBtanke, don cause wahala like this.

They should check the CCTV and the ATM cameras probably it would have capture someone watching closely as he made d withdrawal. Just that Naija police and the way dem dey investigate ehn.....
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by kamzibobo(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2021
May be Na all these cult boys hijack this man
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Josywhyte: 8:29am On Jun 19, 2021
This insecurity,banditry, killing,kidnapping and human parts harvesting has have really gone beyond line. We've got the president and his service chiefs and governors who don't care about the lives of the citizens except theirs. Series of meetings have been held but none has ever come to fruition. No plan, no tactics, and no structure has been put in place to tackle all this menace. Come 2023 you will still see fools go out to vote these vampires called politicians because of 5000 and two cups of rice.

Sometimes, the youths are also one of the causes of our problem in this country. A politician will beckon on them to carry arms and help them loot ballot boxes and rig elections for a mere token,you will see them gladly do it. Why can't their(politicians) children carry those arms and do such?

#youthbewise

1 Like

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by kingturky224(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2021
I just hope this professor is still alive
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by shegzhkn: 8:36am On Jun 19, 2021
Beancounter93:

You should not watch detective series to get an idea of how crimes are solved...especially detective series from the USA...

Detective series give an idealized and sometimes unrealistic version of crime solving. In real life, crimes can SOMETIMES take decades to solve...even in developed countries. Also preliminary investigations can take weeks...not days or hours as the series shows.

If you want an idea of how crimes are realistically solved...watch the channels ID and CBS justice if you have DSTV.

In Nigeria, because most of us don't pay taxes...due to most of us being in the informal sector...police forces get poorly funded. The Nigeria police force gets one fifth of what the NYPD gets to police 211 million people compared to the NYPD's 26 million people. Corruption worsens the matter. Let's not even get started on state forensic labs...

Finally some crimes don't get solved on time because people lie. No one is going to tell police forces anything about a crime he or she knows something about, especially if he or she had anything to do with the crime...that's jail time. So, they lie.(One famous case of a missing child in Nigeria was not solved on time because one of the prime suspects withheld information from the police for years.)

Few of your submission are right.

But the crimes that takes long to crack are mostly committed by an adversary with lot of resources or an highly skilled individual that allows him stay ten steps ahead of the law enforcement.

I also get the issue of funding but c'mon look at the quality of the personnel who do this work for the Nigeria Police they are not trained for this kind of situation i mean at this stage and time they can barely extract dna samples from a crime scene if they manage not to contaminate the scene first and let not talk about the system that will run it.

You should not have compared them with NYPD at all.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by palsenator(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2021
Beancounter93:

They probably have...but using phone mast records only shows where the phone was...it does not indicate whether the owner of the phone was with the phone, or whether the phone was used by the owner at that time.

It is possible he dropped the phone at the ATM when he was kidnapped, and someone picked it up and used it..and dashed his bro in Lafiaji as a gift. Or someone in the area who was visiting Illorin from Lafiaji picked the phone and played finders keepers. Either scenairo, if it happened, renders the phone mast evidence useless.

Number A and Number both registered on a mast in Tanke, and a run through also indicate same numbers on the same mast in another town... It calls for questioning.. Even if the phone was dropped, the previous data can be used.

1 Like

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Geobenny(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2021
This man taught me in school. He added value to my life. I pray he is found soonest. I pray God be with his family. It is well.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Originalsly: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2021
If the kidnappers never used the phone then there is no helpful information they can get from it.... as in locations it was used....who calls were made to and their locations. If they couldn't bet any helpful lead after questioning the small boy then there was no need to broadcast the phone was found. Such announcement can only benefit the kidnappers... not the investigation. This announcement was very unprofessional.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2021
shegzhkn:

Few of your submission are right.

But the crimes that takes long to crack are mostly committed by an adversary with lot of resources or an highly skilled individual that allows him stay ten steps ahead of the law enforcement.

Which is what also happens in developed countries.

Criminals don't want to get caught...so they think ahead.

I also get the issue of funding but c'mon look at the quality of the personnel who do this work for the Nigeria Police they are not trained for this kind of situation i mean at this stage and time they can barely extract dna samples from a crime scene if they manage not to contaminate the scene first and let not talk about the system that will run it.

Again because the NPF is poorly funded...remember they get 2billion dollars to police 211million people, while the NYPD gets 10 billion to police 25 million people. How can they afford DNA extraction and analysis materials?(DNA is also not necessarily a magic bullet.)

Money is very important. You need money to build capacity to solve crimes more efficiently

You are expecting someone to do 10 billion dollars work on just one million dollars budget. Not possible.

Also, the US police has its own share of incompetent cops, and a lot of Nigerian cops are very competent.

1 Like

Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by TooMuchStuff: 9:09am On Jun 19, 2021
Its obvious that the unexpected has happened...! RIP
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by FIRDAUS3(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2021
A Professor roaming the street without Single Security to protect him, you'll see a stacked functionally illiterate Politicians with heavy Security left and right.
It takes between nothing less 13 to 15 years in Academia to smell the honor of Professorship, but you'll see a deranged politicians emerged from nowhere behaving like a King.
O wrong naa undecided
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Skillsnigeria: 9:11am On Jun 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by FarahAideed: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2021
In Nigeria, because most of us don't pay taxes...due to most of us being in the informal sector...police forces get poorly funded
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Joetttimua1811(m): 9:29am On Jun 19, 2021
Ok thank God
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by Akpabioemi: 9:46am On Jun 19, 2021
God please help us to find prof.olaniyi
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by highbee02: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2021
The missing Professor in the Mathematics Department of the University, is an expert in Chebyshev Polynomials, a mathematical formula for solving polynomials and approximation functions for detecting, analysing and solving errors.
Re: Phone Of Missing UNILORIN Professor Adeniyi Found At Lafiagi, Kwara by mrlycan: 10:27am On Jun 19, 2021
My former HOD...............Department of Mathematics. This man is gentle to a fault....Approachable and super nice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How UNN Students Eat During Exam (photos) / I Scored 260 In Jamb But I'm Very Sure I Deserved More / 2021/2022 Post Graduate Scholarship Award Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.