Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Olokode Olawale, The Police Boss With A Midas Torch - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Olokode Olawale, The Police Boss With A Midas Torch (244 Views)

Seun Kuti: Tinubu In-law, Tee Mac Sends Police Boss Strong Message / AESID Demands Sack Of Ebonyi Police Boss, Proscription Of Ebubeagu / Danfo Gets Stuck On Rail Track While Trying To Evade Arrest From The Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olokode Olawale, The Police Boss With A Midas Torch by Jimsonjaat96(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
The Osun Commissioner of Police, Olowale Olokode has been around in the state for quite 6 months effectively since January this year. However I did not take strong notice of this gentleman cops enigma until recently but I have been a follower of the security developments of the police force in Osun State under his watch. My keen interest is largely due to the necessity that we all know in that security business is a serious business at that for everybody. The happenstance on June 12th 2021 when the whole country was indecisively unsure of what was going to happen next whether we will live to see a Country Nigeria of ours afterward was a turnaround for me in Osun State. This was as a result of organise agitation of sectional populace on one part who wanted a fresh order, and on the other side those who felt that Democracy deserves more. As a student of politics and governance, I was not ready to rely on ear says in case something terrible will happen, I jumped on the streets crisscrossing Osun State myself. I stayed in major cities including Ede and Oshogbo intermittently. I planted my Comrades in Ife and Ilesha and Ikirun haven realised that it was enough to base a meritorious judgement because the enumeration covered all the senatorial districts of Osun State. Ejigbo was not left out too.

I dare to say that the success of June 12th in Osun State without any incident of arrest will remain a commendable feat to remember for many years to come by those who have a stake in the security welfare of our state. No thanks to Commisoner Olawale Olokode of the Osun Police Command for this peaceful ambience. Unlike the plethora of arrests witnessed in most parts of Nigeria as a result of cankerworm of confrontations between civilians and police, Osun was absolutely immune to police abuses yet there was record protests by gallant comrades. The implication is simple, the Osun police command is adherent to the rules of fundamental rights of protesters and citizens as enshrined in the constitution of Nigeria even as it will never shy away from enforcing orderliness and ensuring peace in the state. No thanks to the urbane and matured leadership of the fine Commissioner of Police in Osun State, Olawale Olokode. I saw plethora of public felicitations by the ordinary masses for this Commissioner of Police Olawale Olokode sometimes recently ago on his birthday. The torrents of birthday wishes by people who are civilians attest to the acceptance of Mr Olokode as an accessible police chief who runs a friendly policing in the state to which the masses are showing him love in return for his decency and professionalism.

After June 12th, I took time to analyse the police boss's tenure in Osun State in the last 6 months. For a fact, Mr Olokode inherited barrage of serious security logjams before he assumed office. Security epidemics such as kidnapping, ritual activities etc. However, the deaf can hear and the blind can see clearly that the police under Olawale Olokode's watch is evidently nipping this challenge in the bud. I have watched the police parade criminals before the press on several occasions where suspected apprehended ritualists confessed to their heinous crimes of killing their victims and dismembering their bodies. This could not have happened except there was holistic security man-made blueprints. Kudos to the Commissioner and his untiring men in the force for their continuous steadfastness to ensure that the people can sleep peacefully and their assets and properties secured without a threat.

Contagious unrest has drastically reduced in Osun State and there have been recoveries from splinter kidnapping experiences. We laud the collaboration of the sister security outfits under the supervision of the Commissioner of Police being the Head in charge of internal security safety of Osun State while we task them not to relent to achieving more feats.

Because of the strategic place of security of the people, i have commendably observed the efforts of the Commissioner of Police in bringing virtually all security unconventional outfits into the moderated security pursuits in Osun State which is gaining traction and yielding results. This is the way to go. Osun State will always remember the civil conduct of this topnotch police officer and his friendly policing.

I wish the Commissioner of Police in Osun State Olawale Olokode a continuous and successful stay in office in Osun State. We hope he never goes tired haven started well. May he end well and may all challenges security wise that may arise under him in the course of his operations in Osun State be subdued without consequences.

Akintunde Bello Sheriff ABS writes in from Osun State.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet T.B Joshua's Successor Emerges, All You Need To Know About His Successor / Professional Freelance Copywriter / I’m So Short Of Ideas, Please Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.