Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria (1470 Views)

Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria / Kankara Abduction: Northern Coalition Storms Katsina With #BringBackourBoys / IPOB Deputy Leader Storms UN With Petition For Biafran Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:13am On Jun 19, 2021
Continue here https://www.nairaland.com/6609770/ibom-republic-akwa-ibom-coalition#102850224

Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Demands Ibom Republic, Plans To Leave Nigeria

The Akwa Ibom group alleged that the Nigerian state had not treated its indigenes fairly and it therefore wanted its own republic.
A group, the Akwa Ibom leader coalition, has reached out to the United Nations Organisation, saying it wants Ibom Republic and plans to break away from Nigeria.

A member of the coalition, Offiong Offiong, in a video made at the UN headquarters after submitting its documents, said the group would follow up on their request to ensure that the UN granted its request.

He said, “I am here today to present the communiqué that was issued after our meeting on June 5, 2021. Unfortunately, because of the back and forth of the lockdown and reopening of the UN secretariat, where the commission is based, we only ended up leaving our documents with the officers.

“But we are happy today that we were able to come. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 restrictions had not allowed us to present the documents to all the offices.

“We are asking for Ibom Republic. The Ibom Republic will be an attempt for us to demonstrate our emancipation as an indigenous group from the Nigerian state. We want a referendum and we want a decision made. We want our people to go on their own based on the way they have been treated by the Nigerian state.

“It is an exciting day for the Ibom Republic. Those documents have been submitted and we will continue to follow up.”

Similarly, Igbo and Yoruba peoples have been demanding Biafra and Oduduwa Republics.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/18/akwa-ibom-coalition-storms-un-demands-ibom-republic-plans-leave-nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpxIoKL9Hw

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by lordixon(m): 6:17am On Jun 19, 2021
Jokers everywhere
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SmartPolician: 6:19am On Jun 19, 2021
This is getting interesting. Before anyone starts approaching the UN, there must be aggressive grassroots support for secession.

BTW, I think Akwa Ibom should pursue this with Cross River because they have taken all the Cross River's oil wells while Obasanjo has given oil-rich Bakassi to Cameroon. grin It feels bad to be a Cross Riverian right now.

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2021
lordixon:
Jokers everywhere
That guy is not joking

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:23am On Jun 19, 2021
SmartPolician:
This is getting interesting.
Exactly.

Lalasticlala FP
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SILVERLINES: 6:23am On Jun 19, 2021
cheesy

Very brilliant move I must say
It's time we go out separate ways

Those still clamouring for one Nigeria are of lesser intelligent than animals

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by Vicotex(m): 6:27am On Jun 19, 2021
Una mind go dey
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by Grace001: 6:35am On Jun 19, 2021
Buhari will be like “ So you people too want to start, na to send soldier and police to them if they do anyhow”

Happy one Nigeria by fire by force.
Even even if there is no unity just pretend. Nigeria must be one so northern oligarchy can continue to see money to find oil in the north, to buy more weapons to fight the monster (Boko Haram) they created and to finish the railway project to Niger republic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SLAP44: 6:36am On Jun 19, 2021
I think they deserve their own country. They have been milked dry by the north for the north's selfish needs.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by emae009(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2021
SmartPolician:
This is getting interesting. Before anyone starts approaching the UN, there must be aggressive grassroots support for secession.

BTW, I think Akwa Ibom should pursue this with Cross River because they have taken all the Cross River's oil wells while Obasanjo has given oil-rich Bakassi to Cameroon. grin It feels bad to be a Cross Riverian right now.

how can someone take something from you that wasn't yours in the first place??

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SmartPolician: 6:44am On Jun 19, 2021
emae009:

Please don't mind my divisive comment. grin The major reason I suggested that is that the two states share a lot in common.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by orisa37: 6:47am On Jun 19, 2021
AKWA IBOM LAND OF CULTISM. BUHARI HAS DRIVEN THEM TO THE U.N
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:52am On Jun 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Are you a cross riverian?
Will you want to join the said Ibom people republic?
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:52am On Jun 19, 2021
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Very brilliant move I must say
It's time we go out separate ways

Those still clamouring for one Nigeria are of lesser intelligent than animals
Exactly we need it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:53am On Jun 19, 2021
Grace001:
Buhari will be like “ So you people too want to start, na to send soldier and police to them if they do anyhow”

Happy one Nigeria by fire by force.
Even even if there is no unity just pretend. Nigeria must be one so northern oligarchy can continue to see money to find oil in the north, to buy more weapons to fight the monster (Boko Haram) they created and to finish the railway project to Niger republic.
cool
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:54am On Jun 19, 2021
SLAP44:
I think they deserve their own country. They have been milked dry by the north for the north's selfish needs.
Exactly bro. We all need to be free from the shackles called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:54am On Jun 19, 2021
emae009:

Ask him oo
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by emae009(m): 6:55am On Jun 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Please don't mind my divisive comment. grin The major reason I suggested that is that the two states share a lot in common.

Efik, Ibibio, Annang have a lot in common. There are so many other tribes in both Akwa Ibom and Cross River that don't share something as simple as Language.
When Akwa Ibom broke out from Cross River, our dear cousins choose to stay in Cross River so that's their identity and their choice.
I'm happy if the two states can join together to become one and be prosperous but when you go to the grassroots you'll see they both have a very strong sense of state pride joining them together will bring about who should be the Alpha instead of meaningful development

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Them no go agree join us oo
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SLAP44: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Exactly bro. We all need to be free from the shackles called Nigeria

As an Igbo person, I will support an Ibom nation because I don't want any other tribe to suffer under the fulani when Biafra exits Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:57am On Jun 19, 2021
orisa37:
AKWA IBOM LAND OF CULTISM. BUHARI HAS DRIVEN THEM TO THE U.N
You wanted saying Rivers state land of cultism . So correct yourself asap

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:57am On Jun 19, 2021
All the best to you guys from an Igbo Man.

But please include Cross River in your self determination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by FakeUnity: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2021
nigeria has expired tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2021
emae009:

Efik, Ibibio, Annang have a lot in common. There are so many other tribes in both Akwa Ibom and Cross River that don't share something as simple as Language.
When Akwa Ibom broke out from Cross River, our dear cousins choose to stay in Cross River so that's their identity and their choice.
I'm happy if the two states can join together to become one and be prosperous but when you go to the grassroots you'll see they both have a very strong sense of state pride joining them together will bring about who should be the Alpha instead of meaningful development
Exactly
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 6:59am On Jun 19, 2021
SLAP44:

As an Igbo person, I will support an Ibom nation because I don't want any other tribe to suffer under the fulani when Biafra exits Nigeria.
Good man

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 7:00am On Jun 19, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

They may not want to join us oo

1 Like

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 7:00am On Jun 19, 2021
FakeUnity:
nigeria has expired tey tey.
You sure?
@ Lalasticlala we need people views on this oo... Take it to front page bro
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by SLAP44: 7:02am On Jun 19, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

All Igbos will be happy for having a peaceful and progress seeking nation as our neighbours. This will mean strong bilateral relationships post independence.

Go Ibom nation, go for your freedom and prosperity!

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by orisa37: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

THEY RIC SAME WAY, RIVERS, IBOM, CROSS RIVERS.
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 7:05am On Jun 19, 2021
SLAP44:

All Igbos will be happy for having a peaceful and progress seeking nation as our neighbours. This will mean strong bilateral relationships post independence.

Go Ibom nation, go for your freedom and prosperity!
God bless you
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by NkanAkpanika: 7:05am On Jun 19, 2021
orisa37:

THEY RIC SAME WAY, RIVERS, IBOM, CROSS RIVERS.
Which state are you from?
Re: Ibom Republic: Akwa Ibom Coalition Storms UN, Plans To Leave Nigeria by orisa37: 7:06am On Jun 19, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

THEY RIC SAME WAY, RIVERS, IBOM, CROSS RIVERS. THEY'RE BAKASSI BOYS

(1) (2)

Security Forces Trailing Nigerians On Buhari's Watchlist - NSA Monguno / What Do Onyeka Onwenu Know About Anambra And Igbo Culture? / Ogidi PG Apologized To IPOB For Sit At Hom Protest: VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.