Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Laughter Of Unbelief - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Laughter Of Unbelief (595 Views)

Is Unbelief In God A Sin? / Atheism & Willful Unbelief / God Does Not Leave Us In Spiritual Darkness–in Our Ignorance & Unbelief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Laughter Of Unbelief by yommyuk: 5:39am On May 06, 2011
In the book of Genesis 17, we read about how Abram at the ripe age of 86 became a father through his wife’s maid servant, a concubine, named Hagar. And over that 13-year period, the idea had grown in Abram’s mind that the promise that God had made to him to make him a father of many nations was actually going to be fulfilled through this son, Ishmael. However this was contrary to the will of God.

What was the will of God?

Genesis 17:15-16
Then God sais to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife- her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah. And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations, Kings of nations will be among her descendants.”

How did the man we have learnt to know as the “Father of Faith” accept this promise?

Genesis 17:17
Then Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in DISBELIEF. “How could I become a father at the age of 100?” he thought. “And how can Sarah have a baby when she is ninety years old?

My point!

Even the father of faith, the father of Israel succumbed to the spirit of unbelief. Meaning it can happen to the best of us. Sometimes our natural circumstance can lead us to feel totally hopeless.

How do we conquer unbelief?

MY TESTIMONY

I remember when I was given the doctors report regarding my daughter that she only had a maximum of 10 percent chance of survival. I reversed Abraham’s laughter of unbelief to an “INWARD SMILE OF BELIEF”. My inner man rejected the doctor’s report and I laughed. Went home and did a 3 day dry fast. The rest is history. Even the doctors report mysteriously went missing.

CONCLUSION

With God, all things are possible. Keep the good fight of faith

God bless wink
Re: The Laughter Of Unbelief by Nobody: 6:46am On May 06, 2011
This made my day.

(1) (Reply)

Message Delivered By Lord Jesus To Susan & Sabrina (may 14, 2011) / You Can Know When The World Will End, Just Read: / The Heaven You Want To Go!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.