Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood (202 Views)

One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / Father Oluoma: If Your Wife Slaps You, Go And Drink Beer (Video) / Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Eating Is Believing

For Jesus, eating is believing; drinking is believing. He promises eternal life to those who believe in him.

Believe what?

Believe that Jesus is God
Believe that his death — the breaking of his body and spilling of his blood — pays in full the penalty for our sin, and that his perfect righteousness is freely given to us in exchange for our unrighteousness.

Many believe Jesus is the son of God

But how many believe he is God

That is where the belief is embedded in..

To believe that Jesus is God is what makes you a believer and gives you access to the father (himself)

“Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper because he did not want us to forget the very core of what we believe.”

Then he said, “And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh” (John 6:51). This sounded like cannibalism. His listeners balked. He pressed it even further:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.” (John 6:53–55)

When the crowd took offense at his gruesome talk, Jesus exposed their unbelief: “The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe” (John 6:63–64).

Just as many would read what I wrote and still not believe many will wail and argue this deep truth to their own down fall

The truth is, we become what we eat.

This is my body… This is my blood,” Jesus says (Mk 14:22, 24). He offers food—real food—that is also his very self. “Feed on me,” he says. “Commune with me. Draw life from me. Absorb me into you so that I may absorb you into God.”

It is Jesus (God) who insists that unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

By eating and drinking the body and blood of Christ, we nourish our lives, commune with the Trinity, fellowship with one another, and are being transformed from glory to glory

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Well said but this is a spiritual food. Spiritual flesh not physical one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood by KnownUnknown: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Human sacrifice, implicit cannibalism, and fiery torture . A religion of savages.
Re: We Eat The Flesh Of God And Drink His Blood by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
KnownUnknown:
Human sacrifice, implicit cannibalism, and fiery torture . A religion of savages.

Note what was written upfront

Note the words

The words that I speak on to you they are spirit and life

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Last Words Of Wisdom / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday, July 5, 2021 / Adeboye,Oyedepo,Kumuyi Caused Problems In Christendom In Nigeria-Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.