Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

How To Been A Christian Mother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Been A Christian Mother (110 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Been A Christian Mother by Imodjedivine(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
M
others are important not only to the family but to society as well. Regardless of any challenges you may have faced in your relationship with your mother while you were growing up, she was given to you by God and played an essential role in your life. Even in Scripture, we find all kinds of mothers, and many of them show valuable characteristics of godliness. Timothy had a godly mother and grandmother who so greatly influenced him that he followed in their footsteps of faith.

When the apostle Paul wrote to encourage Timothy as he led the church in Ephesus, he described Timothy’s faith heritage this way: “For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well” (2 Tim. 1:5).

Mothers are characterized in many different ways based on external beauty, wealth, or accomplishments, but the most important quality of a mom is godliness. This doesn’t mean perfection, but she has a quality that serves as an important model for her children. No women will completely express every single one of these characteristics, but the ideal godly mother is one who is growing in all these ways:

A godly mother prays and reads the Word of God. This is not an occasional practice but has become the habit of her life. She believes Scripture and knows its instructions will help her become a better wife and mother. In fact, prayer and Bible reading affect every area of her life—how she dresses, handles herself, and works. Her conversation, character, and conduct are rooted in the Word, and her children are a reflection of this.
She is a mother who has learned to trust God for every need. Because she is praying, reading, and meditating on Scripture, she comes to know and trust God’s promises. She is confident that He will meet her needs, whether physical, material, or emotional. Instead of focusing on what she lacks, she speaks of God’s sufficiency in her life and is grateful whether He provides much or little.
Re: How To Been A Christian Mother by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Imodjedivine:

A godly mother prays and reads the Word of God. [/b]This is not an occasional practice but has become the habit of her life. [b]She believes Scripture and knows its instructions will help her become a better wife and mother. In fact, prayer and Bible reading affect every area of her life—how she dresses, handles herself, and works. Her conversation, character, and conduct are rooted in the Word, and her children are a reflection of this.
She is a mother who has learned to trust God for every need. Because she is praying, reading, and meditating on Scripture, she comes to know and trust God’s promises. She is confident that He will meet her needs, whether physical, material, or emotional. Instead of focusing on what she lacks, she speaks of God’s sufficiency in her life and is grateful whether He provides much or little.
I am afraid all the above is meaningless where the Word of God, Jesus Christ is concerned. undecided

For you see, according to Jesus Christ, a mother, in His Kingdom, is one who submit to and obey the teachings and comandments/rules of Jesus Christ, the Will or God, just as Jesus Christ Himself did and calls all His followers to doing- Luke 18 vs 20 - 21. undecided

(1) (Reply)

"The Lord Is My Light And My Salvation; Whom Shall I Fear? / Priest Distributes Free Food To Artisans In Nnewi / Divine Compensation(video SERMON)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.