Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,733 members, 7,959,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:15 PM

Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness (211 Views)

Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness - Pastor Adeboye / Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness - Pastor Adeboye / Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by kpakpandoN(m): 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
It is a common saying that salvation is free. While this is true because no one can pay for the salvation Jesus offers, the reality is that Jesus already paid for it on our behalf. Thus, we would be correct if we say salvation is not free after all. Also, it is not free because recipients too have a token to offer in obtaining eternal life, as we will see today.

In Matthew 13:45-46, Jesus describes how precious the Kingdom of God is, by likening it to what a rich man had to sell all his fortune for. In Matthew 5:29-30, Jesus explained how important it is to gain entrance into the Kingdom of God by advising that we do away with anything that would disqualify us from gaining entry into God’s presence, even if it’s our eye!

Today, some Christians are very careless with matters of Heaven. So many people trivialize sin and the harm it is capable of wreaking on their souls. Revelations 21:8 contains a plain truth about the kingdom of God:
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Jesus calls us into free salvation but He adds in Matthew 11:29
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

This is the cost of eternal life – meekness. This is why He said “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.” (Matthew 5:5). He also said that blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (Matthew 5:6). These, no doubt are the cost of discipleship that we must pay to access the free salvation that gives eternal life. Beloved, if you desire eternal life, you must bear the cost even though Jesus has paid the supreme price.

It is sad that today, some leaders in the Church are encouraging people to be comfortable with sin. They explain away the reality of hell and teach grace with gross irresponsibility. You must do away with such people. Today is the day of salvation, now is the acceptable time. Make your way right with God now.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

The best gift I recieved at the 40th Anniversary of living faith church was having dominion over sin...
Join us tomorrow ..am confident u will have ur own testimony as well. Congratulations
Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

The best gift I recieved at the 40th Anniversary of living faith church was having dominion over sin...
Join us tomorrow ..am confident u will have ur own testimony as well. Congratulations
Dominion over sin, according to Jesus Christ, can only be attained through submission to and obedience of the commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant - John 8 vs 31 - 40. Only who know (submit to and obey) the Truth of God can be set free from slavery to sin - are become Holy/Perfect as the Father is perfect. undecided

So how were you able to attain this at your 40th anniversary celebration? undecided
Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
What we mean when we say it's free is that the individual doesn't need to pay for it.

so it's not out of place to say salvation is free.
Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:53am On Jun 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Dominion over sin, according to Jesus Christ, can only be attained through submission to and obedience of the commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant - John 8 vs 31 - 40. Only who know (submit to and obey) the Truth of God can be set free from slavery to sin - are become Holy/Perfect as the Father is perfect. undecided

So how were you able to attain this at your 40th anniversary celebration? undecided

Have u read scripture and can even quote it but u go to church and hear it explained and u catch rhema? That's what I mean..it's like wen Jesus was talking with disciples after the resurrection on that journey, explaining things to them and their eyes were opened
I hope u now understand
Don't comment on my post again
Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Jun 20, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Have u read scripture and can even quote it but u go to church and hear it explained and u catch rhema? That's what I mean..it's like wen Jesus was talking with disciples after the resurrection on that journey, explaining things to them and their eyes were opened
I hope u now understand
Don't comment on my post again
I can guarantee you that the so called explanation you were fed in church were nothing but lies, doctrines and traditions of men, something warned us against listening to and imbibing- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14.

Why am I able to guarantee that what you heard were lies? Because God does not lie. For instance, Jesus Christ never taught us to pray about overcoming sin , nor did He teach that by claiming it, you can cause it to happen. Instead He said those who submit and obey(doers) are those who over come sin and are able to be Holy just as the Father in Heaven is Holy. undecided

The same Jesus Christ taught that those who use the understanding they have, not that they get from the pastors or Mogs, are those who are rewarded with more understanding. Those who however do not use the understanding they have, even the little they have will be taken away from them. I say this to mean that the disciples who Jesus Christ spoke to, did not out of nowhere gain understanding. No, they had to have used what they had already been given for more to have been given them. undecided

You need to trust God over men in order that God can give you the understanding that you seek of His Word and His ways. undecided
Re: Hunger And Thirst For Righteousness by Karlovych: 2:30am On Jun 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed Even the pastors don't thirst for righteousness

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye,Oyedepo,Kumuyi Caused Problems In Christendom In Nigeria-Primate Ayodele / Qur'an Proves The Existence Of God By Resolving The Paradox Of God Impersonation / Nature Of Life's Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.