Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo (2299 Views)

INEC Holds Supplementary Elections On Saturday In Imo, Taraba & Abia / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / Shoot-at-sight Order: APC Asks Supporters To Stayoff Kaduna Streets This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 9:31am On May 06, 2011
According to latest reports reaching our desk, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) guber candidate, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has instructed all his supporters in the four affected LGAs and Orji ward to boycott today’s supplementary elections in Imo State.

The statement, personally signed by Chief Rochas Okorocha, reads: Great Imo people, it is important I explain my recent decision to drag INEC to court over the Imo governorship race. After due consultations with our campaign staff, stakeholders and legal team, we arrived at a conclusion that today’s supplementary election is illegal. I have filed a suit at the Federal High Court, Abuja which you are all aware of. APGA and my humble self are not participating in any supplementary election. We stand firm on the April 26th guber election outcome and urge INEC to announce the results. I urge all my supporters to boycott today’s election and remain focused on our quest to reclaim our mandate. I will be addressing a World press conference by 10am today at sam Mbakwe Hall, Imo Concord hotel on same issue. Thanks for your support. Anayo Rochas Okorocha (Imo APGA guber candidate).

The report urged all APGA supporters to stay tuned for further directives and disregard any call from unauthorized sources, government officials or any news media, asking them to come out for today’s poll, as updates on the issue will be communicated through credible party channels.

Chief Rochas Anayo Okorocha, who contested for the guber elections in Imo State on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), is claiming victory at the April 26th guber elections held in Imo state, which was declared inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission returning officer in Imo State.

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/news/861
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by friedrice1: 9:40am On May 06, 2011
I underestimated Ohakims criminality and desperation,
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by williams85(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2011
@thread owner. Now i know u're one of those sending text massages against rochas. Either rochas wins or head roll!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by enyojo(f): 9:52am On May 06, 2011
[size=45pt]THAT IS WHY WE CALL IKEDI OVERSIZED LIAR IN OVERSIZED COAT[/size]

Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by Odunnu: 10:02am On May 06, 2011
Same way evil men woke up on election day and sent messages of Sullivan's death
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by mbatuku1: 10:09am On May 06, 2011
Good decision by Rochas. Jega has boxed himself into a tight corner. It would be pointed to go down the drain with him when his best option would have been to declare the existing results. I think Rochas would have somehow won if he boycotts today's sham elections.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by rasputinn(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2011
Ohakim again,I urge Imo people to do all decent people the world over,a favour today by voting out that tramp called Ihedi Ohakim
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 10:13am On May 06, 2011
@thread owner. Now i know u're one of those sending text massages against rochas. Either rochas wins or head roll!

I just saw some news and pasted here for comments and clarifications and everybody is accusing me? What have I done Is it a crime to support Ohakim
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 10:16am On May 06, 2011

I just saw some news and pasted here for comments and clarifications and everybody is accusing me? What have I done Is it a crime to support Ohakim
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by chiozor: 10:18am On May 06, 2011
big crime to support a criminal and non performer angry
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 10:44am On May 06, 2011
big crime to support a criminal and non performer Angry

I thought this is democracy and we have freedom of expression and association Why cant we see reason for once Ohakim has tried. He was distracted and blackmailed, yet he tried his best. Lets all support him to surpass all expectations this time!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 10:49am On May 06, 2011
Ohakim again,I urge Imo people to do all decent people the world over,a favour today by voting out that tramp called Ihedi Ohakim

If you are in Imo, tell me you do not like what you see there Please lets tell Imolites the truth for once. Lets support Ikedi Ohakim to finish his second tenure. The blackmail and lies against him will not blind us. we have discovered the truth.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by HamidO1(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2011
I smell mischief here. @op what a cheap way to bring your position down, I doubt if anyone will fall for this though.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 10:53am On May 06, 2011
THAT IS WHY WE CALL IKEDI OVERSIZED LIAR IN OVERSIZED COAT

Stop insulting the Imo State governor! We are supporting him till the end. We are not fools to believe your lies against him!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by Nobody: 11:03am On May 06, 2011
And he waited till this morning to complain undecided
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by enyojo(f): 11:14am On May 06, 2011
solotuonye:

I just saw some news and pasted here for comments and clarifications and everybody is accusing me? What have I done

solotuonye:

Stop insulting the Imo State governor! We are supporting him till the end. We are not fools to believe your lies against him!

YOU ARE SO UNDEPENDABLE AS YOUR DEMI-GOD OHAKIM.
LITTLE WONDER BOTH OF YOU TALK FROM TWO SIDES OF YOUR MOUTH
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by Dandas: 11:16am On May 06, 2011
@solotuonye,

U re not ashamed.Even in streets,everywhere,in NL,Ohakim has no supporters.U re really an evil man who is interested in supporting evil and bad people.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by mbatuku1: 11:17am On May 06, 2011
Ujujoan:

And he waited till this morning to complain      undecided

No. He had been in court all week to get a directive to cancel this illegal election.

I wasn't surprised if this instruction came from Rochas, since Victor Ume has made an earlier call for some sort of non-participation by the APGA party.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by cinzo: 11:33am On May 06, 2011
Its is a LIE!!!!!!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by texazzpete(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2011
mbatuku1:

Good decision by Rochas. Jega has boxed himself into a tight corner. It would be pointed to go down the drain with him when his best option would have been to declare the existing results. I think Rochas would have somehow won if he boycotts today's sham elections.

Are you on crack?
Boycott the election and he loses. I think you're one of the Ohakim trolls here.

solotuonye:

If you are in Imo, tell me you do not like what you see there Please lets tell Imolites the truth for once. Lets support Ikedi Ohakim to finish his second tenure. The blackmail and lies against him will not blind us. we have discovered the truth.

truth? Or you mean you're a jobless sycophant who has been paid N2000 to come on Nairaland and spread fake news. You and your shameless cohorts that will use an official state website to spread falsehood in favour of the Government.
Damn all you petty crooks to hell, selling your souls for mere breadcrumbs.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 11:41am On May 06, 2011
@solotuonye,

U re not ashamed.Even in streets,everywhere,in NL,Ohakim has no supporters.U re really an evil man who is interested in supporting evil and bad people.

We were misinformed at first, but we have found the real truth about Ohakim. Unfortunately, not many people have seen what we saw, hence the slow support rate. My job is to enlighten everybody, and with time, everybody will come around and know Rochas is a scam!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 11:43am On May 06, 2011
Its is a LIE!!!!!!

The news is all over the place! I am getting information that APGA supporters are staying at home and not voting.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by cinzo: 11:46am On May 06, 2011
solotuonye:

The news is all over the place! I am getting information that APGA supporters are staying at home and not voting.

The fools are handing PDP the keys to Imo state on a platter of gold
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by texazzpete(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2011
solotuonye:

Rochas will win this election cleanly. When your man is kicked out, we'll see who will be giving you pocket money in the future.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by rhymz(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2011
My Take on this is simple: Rochas is more Likely to get his mandate from the courts than from this illrgal re-run ordanized by INEC.
I come from Ngor-Opkala and since the announcement of this supplementary elections, there have been many cases of bribery by the PDP to rally the youths of the LGA to vote for Ohakim.
Yesterday, My Uncle who is a chieftain there told me how Ohakim gave the head of each village kindred the sum of #150,000 to rally the youths to vote for him. You all can confirm this from Maria Egwu's Elder Brother who happens to be the only judge in Umuohiagu, he has the custody of the money.
I see a trend here; thesame method that was used to box in Agbaso is thesame method being deployed here. The catch is to ensure that Rochas participate in the supplementary elections, they rig him out and at thesame time spoil his chances at the court cos it will be argued that his participation in the illegal re-run was tantamount to admitting that the ground for a supplementary elections was supported by him and his part. On that ground his chances might be compromised. His best bet will be to concentrate on going to court and disqualifying the re-run as the electoral act does not make any room for such a conduct, it is illegal and can be challenged.
Situation in Imo state is very dicey, with the level of desperation shown so far by the Ohakim camp, they will stop at nothing to remain in Douglas house.
Imo state is in a volatile situation right now and people must desist from doing anything that will put the state in chaos, some Ohakim supporters here have been indulging in deliberate lies and falsification of facts, these paid agents mist realize that the betterment of the state is bigger than their undividual greed. We all know Ohakim is bad news and will stop at nothing to remain there and pay off the huge debt this election has incurred him with the state's treasury. This is not the time to short change your future with a few thousand naira, there is more to life than immediate personal aggrandizement.
As for those of us who have been giving few thousand naira bills to vote for ohakim, my advice to you all is that you take the money and vote the best guy.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 12:13pm On May 06, 2011

We should desist from insulting our Governor in broad day light. What is our generation turning into Please respect your Governor so that people will have respect for us.
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by enyojo(f): 12:15pm On May 06, 2011
solotuonye:

How come no Newspaper in Nigeria carried the news??
Liars will rot in hell!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by 1money: 12:20pm On May 06, 2011
Don't mind the stupid fools. APGA is fully participating in today's polls. Reports reaching us say that PDP is trying to do what they know best - rig. Like in Mbaitoli that incomplete materials arrived and arrived late.

ROCHAS IS OUR GOVERNOR!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by rasputinn(m): 4:05pm On May 06, 2011
texazzpete:

Rochas will win this election cleanly. When your man is kicked out, we'll see who will be giving you pocket money in the future.

grin grin grin

Leave am there first
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by rasputinn(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2011
solotuonye:

We should desist from insulting our Governor in broad day light. What is our generation turning into Please respect your Governor so that people will have respect for us.

Ohakim is not my governor,we all know how he became governor in 2007,a man who to beats up(actually allowed his security detail to beat up) a woman driving along Adeola Odeku with two of her kids in the car is even worse than a tramp so you should be happy I did not use a word worse than tramp to desribe Ohakim.

I'm a card-carrying PDP member from Delta state and would gladly have mobilised my supporters to vote against Ohakim,were I to be from Imo
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by solotuonye: 6:12pm On May 06, 2011
Ohakim is not my governor,we all know how he became governor in 2007,a man who to beats up(actually allowed his security detail to beat up) a woman driving along Adeola Odeku with two of her kids in the car is even worse than a tramp so you should be happy I did not use a word worse than tramp to desribe Ohakim.

I'm a card-carrying PDP member from Delta state and would gladly have mobilised my supporters to vote against Ohakim,were I to be from Imo

Maybe you should be facing uduaghan and not come to put mouth here!
Re: Rochas Asks Supporters To Boycott Today's Supplementary Elections In Imo by bros1234(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2011
Solutuonye, u be m.ugu. se as u just dey open many threads to spread propaganda. Shame! Even if the result is rigged towards okiham all Imolites know who really won the election. S.tup1d i.d10t

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Exclusive: Nigeria Lunches Rocket/missile Vehicles / Omisore 2014 Governorship Poster Reads, Bye Bye To Lagos Govt Anex / vvcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.