Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi (32794 Views)

The Wrong Assertions Of Prof Adewumi, Ex Man O' War Leader On Buhari / Dino Melaye's Mother Mother In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by natanyin: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
Pls go and do your research very well. Who killed Boro and on who's side did Boro fight during the civil war
Arrewa:
The igbos started tribalism in Nigeria by killing sardauna of sokoto, Ahmdu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Belewa and other northern leaders!!

the Igbos had good relations with the North & as such the Igbos had more appointments in government from Southern Nigeria.

The same Igbos launched a coup d’état that not only removed Tafa Balewa but killed him as well. The Igbos never complained of marginalization under Tafa Balewa.

Their son (Nnamdi Azikiwe) refused the right to include the secession clause that Awolowo had proposed. In his words ‘WE ARE ONE NIGERIA’. Ahmadu Bello even proposed to include Awo’s secession but Nnamdi Azikiwe refused.

Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that about Major General Aguyi Ironsi’s coup beforehand and ran away. The same Major General Aguyi Ironsi scraped the Regional system that Nigeria had practiced & replaced it with a Unitary system.

All efforts to make him return it back to the regional system fell on deaf ears.
Before the declaration of Biafra, Major Adaka Boro had declared the Niger Delta Republic (so you see the word Niger Delta is not a Fulani or Obasanjo construct) & fought the federal forces in a 12 day war.

Guess who gave the order to capture Adaka Boro & who was tasked with capturing him? Major General Aguyi Ironsi gave the order for the capture of Major General Aguyi Ironsi & Colonel Ojukwu was sent to capture Adaka Boro. Ojukwu paraded Adaka Boro naked in the streets of Yenagoa but the same useless Okukwu included Niger Delta in his Biafran map without even consulting with Adaka Boro or any of his people. The same Ojukwu invaded Edo & Delta despite both states not being part of the of Biafra!!

Igbos are worse than anything they criticize!!

Why is it only Igbos who must view their success as an exponent of dominance over others?

That is Igbos for you. They want the right to offend others while refusing to accept the consequences of their offensive ways.

This is why they are currently political outcasts with no major Party willing to support their ambition to lead Nigeria.

Just of recent... They're asking other region to protect igbos...

But they enjoy attacking and killing northners on daily basis!!

You people are just going to pay!!!!

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Boudiccao:

You are condemning the tribal bigotry of Buhari at the same time spewing bigotry against Igbos that are not the subject of discussion and have not said anything on this thread. It will take Nigerians a long time to develop some sense.

Seems you lack comprehension......
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Gjmff: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Really
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Mummyfour(f): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:
The igbos started tribalism in Nigeria by killing sardauna of sokoto, Ahmdu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa Belewa and other northern leaders!!

the Igbos had good relations with the North & as such the Igbos had more appointments in government from Southern Nigeria.

The same Igbos launched a coup d’état that not only removed Tafa Balewa but killed him as well. The Igbos never complained of marginalization under Tafa Balewa.

Their son (Nnamdi Azikiwe) refused the right to include the secession clause that Awolowo had proposed. In his words ‘WE ARE ONE NIGERIA’. Ahmadu Bello even proposed to include Awo’s secession but Nnamdi Azikiwe refused.

Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that about Major General Aguyi Ironsi’s coup beforehand and ran away. The same Major General Aguyi Ironsi scraped the Regional system that Nigeria had practiced & replaced it with a Unitary system.

All efforts to make him return it back to the regional system fell on deaf ears.
Before the declaration of Biafra, Major Adaka Boro had declared the Niger Delta Republic (so you see the word Niger Delta is not a Fulani or Obasanjo construct) & fought the federal forces in a 12 day war.

Guess who gave the order to capture Adaka Boro & who was tasked with capturing him? Major General Aguyi Ironsi gave the order for the capture of Major General Aguyi Ironsi & Colonel Ojukwu was sent to capture Adaka Boro. Ojukwu paraded Adaka Boro naked in the streets of Yenagoa but the same useless Okukwu included Niger Delta in his Biafran map without even consulting with Adaka Boro or any of his people. The same Ojukwu invaded Edo & Delta despite both states not being part of the of Biafra!!

Why is it only Igbos who must view their success as an exponent of dominance over others?

That is Igbos for you. They want the right to offend others while refusing to accept the consequences of their offensive ways.

This is why they are currently political outcasts with no major Party willing to support their ambition to lead Nigeria.

come, na igbo man be Adewunmi ex man o war leader that is criticising Buhari. Besides it is buhari's character as an individual he is condemning and not the entire north..why this hatred eh!
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by LegalWolf: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
You said he is a humorous man. Those questions may be jokes actually without any iota of seriousness. Although i am not a big fan of GMB, this article smells bias
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by BabaOneChance: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
Coldshisha:
Very Nepostic tribalist
Nepotistic.

Still you can donate your kidneys to ensure he does third term.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by BabaOneChance: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:
If you look at it critically....... tribalism isn't necessary a bad thing. Buhari is simply looking out for the interests of his people. A Yoruba man with tribal marks will be in an office forming technocrat and professionalism while a hausa/fulani man will help all his cousins in getting jobs at the office, even abroad you'd hardly see a northerner hustling the way southerners do because one of his kinsmen would have already helped him, same thing with the Jews and most ethic groups running the world. If Yoruba's pull all our resources together and act as a group we'd control west africa in less than 50years and this is for a fact because the last time it happened we built an empire and the Brits know this thus we're heavily sold the stupid one Nigeria nationalism and guilt tripped into believing that tribalism is bad. The greatest fear of every non Yoruba is Yoruba nationalism.
True words, brother. Not only Yorubas but Igbos as well. I'm from both tribes and I can tell you that they'd rather help others than their own brothers.
When I was still job hunting I met both Yoruba and Igbo managers or those in positions to assist; and when I tried to rap with them in dialect they replied in English. The average Hausa or Fulani person would offer to assist their brothers and sisters first before others.
It's tribalism, yes, but it's not a bad thing.

1 Like

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
BabaOneChance:

True words, brother. Not only Yorubas but Igbos as well. I'm from both tribes and I can tell you that they'd rather help others than their own brothers.
When I was still job hunting I met both Yoruba and Igbo managers or those in positions to assist; and when I tried to rap with them in dialect they replied in English. The average Hausa or Fulani person would offer to assist their brothers and sisters first before others.
It's tribalism, yes, but it's not a bad thing.

Is your dad Igbo or yoruba?
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by BabaOneChance: 8:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Is your dad Igbo or yoruba?
Yoruba from Ondo. But I went to school in the east until JSS3.

1 Like

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Onepeople: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:
you guys are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.

People who can't breath without tribalism!!!

You people are now using instigating strategy...

Pitching every tribe against the north....

You guys are succeeding for now...but it's not going to last!!

Soon you'll have no place to run to!!

The Diallos are bigger than you people!!!

Make una enjoy for now... But have it at the back of your mind that that thing you Igbo think you know...

The Fulanis also know it 10x....

We just don't make noise!!

Make una enjoy for now.... the Diallos are coming!!
any body that criticise Buhari and his nepotism automatically becomes an igboman, I know you are aware of what you are doing, the man that granted that interview is a yurobaman but you intentionally avoided all of that, and statted quoting igboman because you don't want to make much enemy, continue to spam the thread with gibberish of 1914 ,when we can see clearly of what is going in Aso rock as at today, Aguiyi spoil Nigeria for the six months he stayed on the position, fulani man who have spent over 50 years cannot correct what Aguiyi destroyed in six months? Make una they deceive una self, maybe Aguiyi is the same person we have in Aso rock today, who told us that restructuring is the same as calling for WAR .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by luizkyworld(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
History does not lie. But one thing you have to understand is that the middle class and lower class don't have any problem coexisting...our major problems are the ruling class who from time immemorial have been selfish enough to pitch the lower class against themselves. Ever wonder why the same energy we use in hating other tribes is not translated to our national teams? Haven't u seen a fulani boy wearing Jay Jay Okochas jersey? Or an igbo boy wearing Tijani Babangidas jersey? Or Rashidi etc? Nigerians can only be great if we collectively fight this evil leaders...irrespective of their tribes. I think when people criticize Buhari, it's not because he is Fulani; it's because he has failed to live up to expectation. Jonathan failed too, & all tribes including his own people disowned him. I can tell you a million things all those leaders you mentioned did wrong; but they are all dead & gone. Let peace reign. Preach peace
Arrewa:

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:
Respect!!

Your hate for the igbo has made you to desperately spew lies. It was the 2nd Battalion Enugu that attacked and crushed Adaka Boro's rebellion under the command of Major Obienu. Again Ironsi didn't destroy the regions Gowon did, because at the time of Ironsi's death the regions were still intact. Again the 66 coup was not an igbo coup several northerners participated in that coup notably Tom Kpera and among the major planner and executioners you had two Yoruba Officers Lt Fola Oyewole and Major Adewale Ademoyega. This strategy of using social media to sow hatred is becoming archaic. you are simply not smart my son

1 Like

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by nakamoraa(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:

I know the name of the man who killed Boro.
His name is[b] Betrayal[/b].
Boro fought against Nigeria in 1966, but he later betrayed the "Niger delta republic" he was fighting for by joining the Nigerian army in 1967 to become a Major of the Nigerian army. He was later betrayed by the Nigerians who killed him in an ambush. Today, his folks are still fighting for the same thing he betrayed in 1967.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Buhari is everything a good leader should never be!
A monumental failure!
so cos he asked a question made him tribalistic... Is North a tribe?? The professor was even wrong those day's people get admission to go anywhere... Another useless interview and write up from a Southerner.... Ina go holla tire
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:
If you look at it critically....... tribalism isn't necessary a bad thing. Buhari is simply looking out for the interests of his people. A Yoruba man with tribal marks will be in an office forming technocrat and professionalism while a hausa/fulani man will help all his cousins in getting jobs at the office, even abroad you'd hardly see a northerner hustling the way southerners do because one of his kinsmen would have already helped him, same thing with the Jews and most ethic groups running the world. If Yoruba's pull all our resources together and act as a group we'd control west africa in less than 50years and this is for a fact because the last time it happened we built an empire and the Brits know this thus we're heavily sold the stupid one Nigeria nationalism and guilt tripped into believing that tribalism is bad. The greatest fear of every non Yoruba is Yoruba nationalism.
the question u should answer here.. is the North a tribe?? How can asking about northerners make someone tribalistic?? The prof is just another attention yeye person...
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by GorillaApp(m): 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
harsysky:

I respect you for digging deep into the history book to make it known to us how it all happened. Kudos to you!

Lemme tell you one of the greatest problem of Nigeria. We feel people should suffer because of history whereas we should check history to see how far we have gone. People who proposed decentralised system of government because they were minority are kicking against it now that they are majority. It means they all have ulterior motive. Have you asked yourself why those who advocated for it never had the power to do it when in charge? Ofcourse, you wouldn't. Know this and know peace. We are being used as experiment by the white folks. They will do everything to make sure the black folks don't progress because of what they benefit from us. You may wana ask what that is, and it is the fact that we are dumping grounds to some of their technologies.

Shall we as a nation continue like this? Take a peep at Rwanda. The President there is doing exactly what a leader who needs growth ought to do. If the Igbos could lose their stakes in every facet of the nation then, do you think the north won't still lose theirs? My overall objective is we can't go on like this whether you feel our forefathers treated your people with utmost disrespect. We want growth as a nation, and not the divide and conquer tactics by our leaders

Imagine, people are happy because just because people who voted Buhari are suffering as well. It shouldn't be so. Even people who voted him have the mindset he was going to be better than the previous leaders . The only reason Nigeria will never be great is if we continue in this our tribalism route, otherwise let's all secede and build our respective nations.
I understand your point. It is nice but know that the arrewa folk you quoted and his write up is lies and in some case twisted.
Try and research this topic individually and u will see it
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by babajero(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:

The sarduan is an evil man that deserves to die just like Buhari, because that speech he gave before he was killed would have still caused war even without the declaration of Biafra. And moreover everything that happened both the death of sarduan, the coups, the war and even the carnage Buhari is spearheading is happening because of the greed of the Fulanis. Fulanis were opportuned to infiltrate the hausas kill them and take over their lands still that wasn't enough, they want to kill the whole of the indigenous people of Nigeria and take over because of one idiot called Uthman Dan fodio said they own Nigeria.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by obiekunie01: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:
Respect!!

based on the number of folks who quoted you here and all they said to you, you would av realized by now that you are all alone.

no body supported you - they are all berating you.

if you have common sense you will know that this is no more 1967.

Nigerians are now smarter and wiser - this is the enlightened generation of Nigerians.

They have seen the mistake of their fathers in joining the fulanis to fight the igbos - and i can assure you that none of them will repeat that mistake ever again.

IN FACT, LET ME INFORM YOU THAT IF YOU MUSLIM NORTH TRY ANY SHIT IN THIS COUNTRY AGAIN, THE CHRISTIAN NORTH WILL BE THE FIRST TO NOT JUST RAT YOU GUYS OUT BUT WILL JOIN IN MAKING SURE THEY KILL YOU ALL TO REGAIN THEIR LANDS BACK.

TELL ME, IS IT THE PLATEAU MAN THT WILL FIGHT WITH YOU? OR THE TARABA MAN OR THE GOOD NATIVES OF BORNO, BAUCHI, GOMBE THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE KILLING AND KIFNAPPPING AND RAPPING THEIR WOMEN EVERY DAY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE PRESS NO LONGER REPORT IT; OR YOU THINK THE HAUSAS OF KEBBI, KATSINA, ADAMAWA WHOM THE FULANIS ARE KILLING IN HUNDREDS AND CONFISCATING THEIR FARM THAT WILL JOIN YOU TO FIGHT IGBOS??

HAVE YOU EVER WONDER WHY WITH ALL THE SO-CALLED 'PROVOCATION IN THE EAST' THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS REFERENCING AND THE NORTH STILL REMAIN CALM? IT IS BECAUSE THEY ALL KNOW THE ATTORICITIES THE FULANIS ARE COMMITTING EVERYWHERE AND ARE JUST PRAYING FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHASE THEM BACK TO NIGER AND CHAD!

TRY ANY SHIT THIS TIME AND IT WILL BE YOUR WORST MISTAKE EVER IN THIS CONTRAPTION!

KUTURUMA BURAUBANKA!

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Tizu(m): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
You are a pig. Stupid uncircumcised Fulani.
I suspect you are a ghost because you wrote and mentioned only dead men.
Touch any Igbo man in the North and wait to see if you will not be taught a lesson.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by cally3D(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:

This is a bitter truth. You got it 100%.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by WATCHMANX: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
owobokiri:

Summary for those not willing to read through..

This one na correct one chance....

I wouldn't be surprised if Buhari fields Northerners as both the presidential and vice presidential candidates of APC in the coming elections..

Wake up! There is no election. The west-african fulanis and their satanic globalists supporters have prepared for a genocidal war.
There is little time left!sad

1 Like

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by IGBOSON1: 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Giftexx:
Buhari simply loves his people...
As for the uniform, I’m glad the army took that decision.. Man O war wud’ve been oppressing everyone.
Join army if you must wear army uniform

Nobody says he shouldn't love his people, but when that love stands in the way of a president being fair, equitable and objective to everyone....including those who aren't 'his people', then such a president needs to take a good hard look at himself in the mirror and ask, 'just WTF am i doing being president when i'm such a monumental bigot?' shocked
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by WATCHMANX: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Silly reasoning! You can't connect blatant tribalism to racism...deadly and destructive!
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Chirowman(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Okay
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Tribu(m): 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
Arrewa:

What audacity!

Who gave the North the exclusive power to over see who has an appointment and who should not have?
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Chanchit: 2:49am On Jun 21, 2021
Arrewa:
you guys are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.

People who can't breath without tribalism!!!

You people are now using instigating strategy...

Pitching every tribe against the north....

You guys are succeeding for now...but it's not going to last!!

Soon you'll have no place to run to!!

The Diallos are bigger than you people!!!

Make una enjoy for now... But have it at the back of your mind that that thing you Igbo think you know...

The Fulanis also know it 10x....

We just don't make noise!!

Make una enjoy for now.... the Diallos are coming!!

Bros, abeg. Who are the diallos? Asking for a friend.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by chymeze: 4:24am On Jun 21, 2021
Yes, we all know Buhari is tribalistic but sincerely I don't see anything tribalistic in the question Buhari asked him.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by nnamdi640: 6:30am On Jun 21, 2021
Zombies food is ready, please come and defend your lord and personal saviour. It is only a food that will think that Buhari love other tribes.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by olisaEze(m): 7:41am On Jun 21, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

But Buhari Never hid this side of him

He was the spokesperson for Bokoharam

Blame those who out of greed for money voted him in! How is it that they didn't see the handwriting on the wall

They were blinded by their hatred of GEJ. Although they know him to have been governor of Bayelsa state, it didn’t stop them from tagging him Igbo just to use the anti-igbo sentiments of the North & SW against him.

1 Like

Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by KenModi(m): 9:11am On Jun 21, 2021
Coldshisha:
Very Nepostic tribalist

Ah! Be like d hardship don reach your side because with the way you have been supporting Buhari on this forum, never thought I would see the day the zombism would clear from your eyes.
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by VEHINTOLAR: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2021
What we are witnessing today Is enough for any sensible person to conclude that everything this Proffesor said about Buhari is true. The fact is that Buhari actually meant how many Fulanis were in the Prof's University then when he put that very senseless,highly insensitive and unnecessary question to the Prof.

That is what happens when someone that should be,ordinarily a palace guard at the Emir of Daura palace is fraudulently made GOC of a military formation !

Buhari is a mistake;a calamity that will hunt Nigeria for a very long time and as long as it exists. Buhari is an incurrable tribal bigot !
Re: My Tribalistic Encounter With Buhari In 1981 - Ex Man O' War Leader Adewumi by Blessedassuranc(f): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2021
Scamburster:

Must you talk rubbish??

Like all the rubbish you type here all day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Involving Kabiru Ishaq Sa'id, #IStandWithBuhari Campaign Executive / Ike Ekweremadu Hosts BBNaija's CeeC And Angel In Abuja (Photo) / APC In Disarray As 3 Acting Chairmen Emerge In 3 Hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.