Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? (524 Views)

Edo State Policy Fulfils Revelation 13:16-17? / What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath? / Call For More Understanding About This Thread And About GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by peggywebbs(f): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
I am writing this not as an expert or anything but out of curiosity. I recently had a strange dream where I saw an image of a dragon serpent with multiple heads. In that dream I heard he is coming.
I checked Google and was led to ideas like lernaean hydra, leviathan and Satan.

The truth is when they preach about the coming of Christ..what I hear is tribulation, rapture and mark of the beast. So many ideas pop up and people get scared because nobody wants the mark of the beast.

How do we know what the mark of the beast is? That's what brought me to ask about Rev.13. When I read it, here is what came to my mind.

The dragon: is the serpent, the same Lucifer who wanted to overthrow God. The book of revelation says the serpent will rise by the shore of the sea.

The Seven head beast with 10 crowned horns with blasphemous names:

The description given is that it looks like a leopard, has the feet of a bear and the mouth of a lion. This beast will rise from the sea. And the book goes on to say one of its head looks like it had a fatal wound.

The False Prophet: It is said that it has two horns like a lamb and a voice like a dragon. It is this false prophet that does all the wonders and then carves an image in the likeness of the beast so people will worship it. It is the image that comes up with the laws limiting buying and selling. Also persecuting the children of God and issuing the mark of the beast.

Here is what I understand about this interesting scripture today. The dragon or serpent is the devil and he takes a position observing and giving his command on the sidelines. He empowers the beast and the false prophet while they both do his bidding.

The Beast with 7 heads and 10 crowns are the princes of hell represented by the seven deadly sins. The crowns show that these princes will have power over the earthly rulers of 10 nations. These 10 nations represent the world powers. They all hold the world captive ruling over them and turning the hearts of man away from God. Rev 17 talks about the end of this beast. It describes a prostitute sitting on the beast. The prostitute is a powerful place or city that has empowered the rulers for many years (in my opinion, I think it is either Hera, Aprodite, mammy water in Nigeria) but anyway it is the goddess of the sea that the powerful rulers of the world get their powers from and the bible describes how each of the rulers will end. They end up turning against the goddess.

So my understanding of Rev 17, the rulers of the world will hand over power to the last ruler. That would be like a one world government thing but the government won't last because he would be killed.

Now, the false prophet will come in with an amazing discovery while people are still in shock of the death. He would introduce an artificial intelligence, a human looking computer that can think for itself and it would take the form of the ruler that was killed. Talking like him, sharing his memories like he was the actual person. It would give people a feeling like the last ruler had returned from the dead.

The false prophet is described as having two horns like a lamb and a voice of the dragon. Which indicates deception. He would deceive people to think that they have knowledge and power. The artificial intelligence is meant to deceive people giving them false hope.

At this point, they will now have control over people telling them that there is no Messiah or any thing of such nature. They will establish their presence and tell people that they will be rewarded for compliance and loyalty. If they want to enjoy the benefits of the government, they will have to submit to authority and throw away their beliefs.

This artificial intelligence will as you know.. have access to the internet, digital footprint of everyone around the world. Will control the money's, set up policies and dictate world affairs. It will introduce an identification system, a digital code which will be binary ( human number) not necessarily 666 but in those binary terms like 1000111000.....( understand).

Everyone will be required to have this code. Now how it would work I don't know, but I'm certain people will know when it is so.

The false prophet will show the world the amazing possiblities of scientific discovery and the bible says. He would make fire fall from the sky. I don't think he would do it by magic but instead will convince people of the scientific possibility.

The world will literally be controlled by an advanced computer.

Anyway, so that's my understanding of what I read. What's your opinion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Kandeed: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
peggywebbs anytime I think of Revelation I'm always broken in spirit and scared.

my greatest pity goes to prostitutes and Whores. I really do wish they know what the book of revelation say bout what's coming on them

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by josh123(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
The end of the world is going to be an interesting time. Just imagining seeing beast and monsters in real life unlike the ones we see in movies grin. @seun @lasticalala pls move to front page

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Jokerman(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2021
Deceit has started with alien lies and extra terrestrial and Eldrich creatures...

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by peggywebbs(f): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
The world is moving to the next phase of science. Very soon we will have flying cars and air buses. There's still so much yet to happen but we are very close to end.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-1MlkxyqI[url][/url]

Scientist have been trying to see how they can create an intelligence that can think and respond instinctively like humans. They haven't gotten that human element yet. But I think the antichrist will usher that knowledge.
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by ubunja(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2021
peggywebbs:
I am writing this not as an expert or anything but out of curiosity. I recently had a strange dream where I saw an image of a dragon serpent with multiple heads. In that dream I heard he is coming.

The truth is when they preach about the coming of Christ..what I hear is tribulation, rapture and mark of the beast. So many ideas pop up and people get scared because nobody wants the mark of the beast.

How do we know what the mark of the beast is? That's what brought me to ask about Rev.13. When I read it, here is what came to my mind.

The dragon: is the serpent, the same Lucifer who wanted to overthrow God. The book of revelation says the serpent will rise by the shore of the sea.

The description given is that it looks like a leopard, has the feet of a bear and the mouth of a lion. This beast will rise from the sea. And the book goes on to say one of its head looks like it had a fatal wound.

The False Prophet: It is said that it has two horns like a lamb and a voice like a dragon. It is this false prophet that does all the wonders and then carves an image in the likeness of the beast so people will worship it. It is the image that comes up with the laws limiting buying and selling. Also persecuting the children of God and issuing the mark of the beast.

Here is what I understand about this interesting scripture today. The dragon or serpent is the devil and he takes a position observing and giving his command on the sidelines. He empowers the beast and the false prophet while they both do his bidding.

The Beast with 7 heads and 10 crowns are the princes of hell represented by the seven deadly sins. The crowns show that these princes will have power over the earthly rulers of 10 nations. These 10 nations represent the world powers. They all hold the world captive ruling over them and turning the hearts of man away from God. Rev 17 talks about the end of this beast. It describes a prostitute sitting on the beast. The prostitute is a powerful place or city that has empowered the rulers for many years (in my opinion, I think it is either Hera, Aprodite, mammy water in Nigeria) but anyway it is the goddess of the sea that the powerful rulers of the world get their powers from and the bible describes how each of the rulers will end. They end up turning against the goddess.

So my understanding of Rev 17, the rulers of the world will hand over power to the last ruler. That would be like a one world government thing but the government won't last because he would be killed.

Now, the false prophet will come in with an amazing discovery while people are still in shock of the death. He would introduce an artificial intelligence, a human looking computer that can think for itself and it would take the form of the ruler that was killed. Talking like him, sharing his memories like he was the actual person. It would give people a feeling like the last ruler had returned from the dead.

The false prophet is described as having two horns like a lamb and a voice of the dragon. Which indicates deception. He would deceive people to think that they have knowledge and power. The artificial intelligence is meant to deceive people giving them false hope.

At this point, they will now have control over people telling them that there is no Messiah or any thing of such nature. They will establish their presence and tell people that they will be rewarded for compliance and loyalty. If they want to enjoy the benefits of the government, they will have to submit to authority and throw away their beliefs.

This artificial intelligence will as you know.. have access to the internet, digital footprint of everyone around the world. Will control the money's, set up policies and dictate world affairs. It will introduce an identification system, a digital code which will be binary ( human number) not necessarily 666 but in those binary terms like 1000111000.....( understand).

Everyone will be required to have this code. Now how it would work I don't know, but I'm certain people will know when it is so.

The false prophet will show the world the amazing possiblities of scientific discovery and the bible says. He would make fire fall from the sky. I don't think he would do it by magic but instead will convince people of the scientific possibility.

this is a very interesting topic though
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Femzaremz(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2021
whats all dis rubbish?people dat still believe in the book of revelations should probably go for mental checkup! It is highly needed!
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by The5DME(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Billyonaire666 please come.
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
The5DME:
Billyonaire666 please come.

Now that you have invited me, what's on the menu?

Revelation or Blueprint? Revelation is one of the most important writings because it is a documented Remote Viewing experience by a certain John into the future.

Can. You not see my username has 666? Haha

I know something. The OP gets it all twisted.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by livingchrist: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
peggywebbs:

you mixed up revelation 13 and the book of daniel.
The beast is not like a leopard, it was not described in revelation but it was described as dreadful in the book of Daniel.

First of all, A beast symbolically represent a human in authority or to be given authority such as a ruler or a king.

The beast in revelation 13 is a man, he is called the man of sin or son of perdition.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The dragon is lucifer, till today the Chinese national symbol is a dragon,
In the bible reptiles are described as dragons, so the serpent is lucifer himself.

His seven heads represents complete dominion over all nations tribes and languages,

Seven in the bible prophetically represent completeness or perfection, for example God created the world in six days and on the seventh days he rested.
The Holy spirit is described as the seven spirit of God meaning the holy spirit in his complete manifestation.

The devil having seven heads means that he has complete dominion over the realm of man.

Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

The ten horns represent the ten kings that would assist the antichrist to rule over men.

The beast also has ten horns and seven heads
Meaning lucifer would give him the power to have complete dominion over the earth.

The devil offered this power in the wilderness of temptation to Jesus but Jesus rejected it, but however somebody will take the offer but on one condition that this man will force all men to worship him lucifer, the number 666 is a sign of allegiance to worship lucifer so the beast through the false prophet will make people recive it to be part of his one world government.

The false prophet is will not be a ruler buy he will pretend to be a holy man and a prophet, his lamb like form represent him imitating Jesus, but he will speak out Lucifer's will.

The dragon imitates God the father
The beast imitate Jesus and the
False prophet imitate the holy spirit.
These three make up the unholy trinity.

The prostitutes of revelation represent the antichristian world system, the religious/scio-economic/political world system that is against christ and God.

Note the destruction of this satanic system that promotes killing of the servants of God, sexual immoralities/ prostitution and depravity(homosexuality/gay/transgender every form of perversion and subversion , witchcraft and sorcery, the destruction of this system or pehaps the nation that champions this will cause joy in heaven and sorrow for the rulers of the earth.

The church is described as a bride who is a virgin to be married clothed in white raiment.
But the prostitute who dresses in a harlot attire being drunk in the blood of the saints.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by The5DME(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Revelation or Blueprint? Revelation is one of the most important writings because it is a documented Remote Viewing experience by a certain John into the future.

I want you to expound more on what the op said.
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
The5DME:
I want you to expound more on what the op said.

OH okay. Will do that when I am home.
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by peggywebbs(f): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
I didn't even read Daniel's book. Like I said I'm not a bible scholar. The description of the beast is written clearly in Revelations 13. You didn't read the chapter 12 and 13 before commenting.

Again I asked for people's opinion , you're quoting the book again like its not already complicated. I'm asking for a human perspective to the interpretation of John's revelation.

livingchrist:
you mixed up revelation 13 and the book of daniel.
The beast is not like a leopard, it was not described in revelation but it was described as dreadful in the book of Daniel.

First of all, A beast symbolically represent a human in authority or to be given authority such as a ruler or a king.

The beast in revelation 13 is a man, he is called the man of sin or son of perdition.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The dragon is lucifer, till today the Chinese national symbol is a dragon,
In the bible reptiles are described as dragons, so the serpent is lucifer himself.

His seven heads represents complete dominion over all nations tribes and languages,

Seven in the bible prophetically represent completeness or perfection, for example God created the world in six days and on the seventh days he rested.
The Holy spirit is described as the seven spirit of God meaning the holy spirit in his complete manifestation.

The devil having seven heads means that he has complete dominion over the realm of man.

Luke 4:6
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

The ten horns represent the ten kings that would assist the antichrist to rule over men.

The beast also has ten horns and seven heads
Meaning lucifer would give him the power to have complete dominion over the earth.

The devil offered this power in the wilderness of temptation to Jesus but Jesus rejected it, but however somebody will take the offer but on one condition that this man will force all men to worship him lucifer, the number 666 is a sign of allegiance to worship lucifer so the beast through the false prophet will make people recive it to be part of his one world government.

The false prophet is will not be a ruler buy he will pretend to be a holy man and a prophet, his lamb like form represent him imitating Jesus, but he will speak out Lucifer's will.

The dragon imitates God the father
The beast imitate Jesus and the
False prophet imitate the holy spirit.
These three make up the unholy trinity.

The prostitutes of revelation represent the antichristian world system, the religious/scio-economic/political world system that is against christ and God.

Note the destruction of this satanic system that promotes killing of the servants of God, sexual immoralities/ prostitution and depravity(homosexuality/gay/transgender every form of perversion and subversion , witchcraft and sorcery, the destruction of this system or pehaps the nation that champions this will cause joy in heaven and sorrow for the rulers of the earth.

The church is described as a bride who is a virgin to be married clothed in white raiment.
But the prostitute who dresses in a harlot attire being drunk in the blood of the saints.

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by peggywebbs(f): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
The book itself is confusing. I was trying to picture the revelations in a modern day world. Many people don't believe in magic tricks in our world. Science is the new magic.

I don't see a false prophet gaining attention in this world of ours. Everyone is looking for a tech solution to every problem, things that we can see and explain with our eyes.

I feel that's what will capture the world. That's the only tool of deception that can work in our generation. And I think there is going to be more innovations in science. We are seeing how well it is shaping our thoughts and our planet.

If you have another opinion. It is welcome. I'm only trying to understand better.

Billyonaire666:

Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by Kokaine(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
peggywebbs:

I didn't even read Daniel's book. Like I said I'm not a bible scholar. The description of the beast is written clearly in Revelations 13. You didn't read the chapter 12 and 13 before commenting.

Again I asked for people's opinion , you're quoting the book again like its not already complicated. I'm asking for a human perspective to the interpretation of John's revelation.

Here you are trying to demystify your bible that is greatly laden with myraids of inconsistencies and scientific improbabilities. But you will leave the log of wood in your eyes and run to any Islamic page to educate Muslims about Islam and bid'a. If hypocrisy is the hope you have to gain paradise, then you better not be resurrected after your death. You better remain as dust.
Re: What Is Your Understanding About Revelation 13? by peggywebbs(f): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
I'm happy you came to my page. As you can see I'm not a religious fanatic and I don't claim to know all. I obviously set up this thread to understand what I wanted to understand better. I threw a question open to learn from others what I don't know of.

And to your issue, you set your thread on the general religion section meaning it is open for everyone. I don't post on the Muslim thread and I respect the instructions there.

I don't think I have said anything offending to you..I only pointed out my opinion on your topic. If you didn't agree with it or didn't like it, you could have simply ignored my rantings.

Anyway, I will be happy if you can also contribute to my thread to know what exactly you think of the end time revelation and the signs we see today.

Kokaine:

Here you are trying to demystify your bible that is greatly laden with myraids of inconsistencies and scientific improbabilities. But you will leave the log of wood in your eyes and run to any Islamic page to educate Muslims about Islam and bid'a. If hypocrisy is the hope you have to gain paradise, then you better not be resurrected after your death. You better remain as dust.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yakub Vs Esau What Has Always Strirred Conflict: Moral Envy / Apostle Selman: Warning To Every Follower And Fan Of Apostle Selman / Osibanjo's Failure: Lessons For Future Christian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.