Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe (258 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Hope Uzodinma: "I'll Conduct Fresh Local Govt Elections In Imo State" / APGA Suspends Newly-elected Anambra Speaker, Two Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by TonyRazor(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2021
Tony Okafor
I'll conduct LG poll within one year if elected Anambra gov - Onyemelukwe
20-06-2021
Daughter of a former vice president, the late Dr Alex Ekwueme, Mrs Chidi Onyemelukwe, has described as worrisome the neglect and abuse of the local government system.

She stated this during the second session of the fourth synod of the Anglican Diocese of Niger West.

She said there were ambiguities in Nigeria's constitution that allowed state governments to annex and treat local governments as their operational extensions whereas the system was supposed to be autonomous.

Onyemelukwe who is contesting the Anambra State November 6 governorship poll on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, said such loopholes and neglect had rendered the federal system dysfunctional.

She commended the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari( retd) for adopting some measures, including executive orders, to save the local system.

She said," Any meaningful approach to the issue must come through a rigorous constitutional amendment process.

"If elected, I will guarantee local government autonomy by holding local government elections within my first year in office.

The visiting Bishop, Rt. Revd. Sunday Adewole, the Bishop, Anglican Diocese of Kwara, spoke on the theme “You are Complete in Christ: The Head of Principalities and Powers.”

Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by Ngenge(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na lie o, women will be worse if voted governor or president
Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by Freestainworld(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na so dem dey talk ooo, make una runooo
Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by PrinceOfLagos: 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Go back to the kitchen please
Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by Solsix(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
Abeg who is fronting this woman??
Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by triple996(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
You mean ndigbo cannot even conduct ordinary LG election
Chai see d kind people wey wan rule 9ja grin
D is a very sorrowful story grin
Re: I'll Conduct LG Poll Within One Year If Elected Anambra Governor - Onyemelukwe by Rodwave: 9:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Nonsense talk

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Attacks And Kill The Army, Herdsmen Only Kidnap People - Sheik Gunmi / Two Weeks After Twitter Ban, Buhari Loses 8,000 Followers. / Video: Adelabu Reveals His True Pact With Auxiliary As Insinuations Trail Their

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.